Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
A wonderful 25 year old Armagnac, to go along with a 20 year old cognac (previously pictured).

And, a snifter to go with them....

Armagnac.png

Snifter%3AReed%20%26%20Barton.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A wonderful 25 year old Armagnac, to go along with a 20 year old cognac (previously pictured).

And, a snifter to go with them....

Ah, now you are talking my language. (Briskly rubs hands, happily).

Remind me again of the (name and so on of the) aged cognac - and a nice elegant bottle of 25 year old Armagnac is a purchase I have an eye on myself…….

As an aside, it does occur to me that you must be on the rocky - if uneven - road to full recovery from your recent bout of nasty pneumonia if you are in the process of ordering cognac and armagnac.

Are the glasses yours, or merely for the purposes of illustration?

And, if you are on the road to recovery, have you tried the irresistible combination of espresso and aged cognac at the close of an excellent dinner, (well washed down with decent wine)? Cognac, (aged, smooth), an excellent companion of like minded disposition and preferences, and espresso makes an excellent way to conclude a splendid repast……..

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Ah, now you are talking my language. (Briskly rubs hands, happily).

Remind me again of the (name and so on of the) aged cognac - and a nice elegant bottle of 25 year old Armagnac is a purchase I have an eye on myself…….

As an aside, it does occur to me that you must be on the rocky - if uneven - road to full recovery from your recent bout of nasty pneumonia if you are in the process of ordering cognac and armagnac.

Are the glasses yours, or merely for the purposes of illustration?

And, if you are on the road to recovery, have you tried the irresistible combination of espresso and aged cognac at the close of an excellent dinner, (well washed down with decent wine)? Cognac, (aged, smooth), an excellent companion of like minded disposition and preferences, and espresso makes an excellent way to conclude a splendid repast……..

Thank you. my friend, for noting my recovery...it's been a stinker!

The glass is a new purchase...very attractive, I think...and very reasonably priced. The cognac mentioned above is pictured below. Incredibly smooth, a bit sweet, and all around delicious.

Cognac.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thank you. my friend, for noting my recovery...it's been a stinker!

The glass is a new purchase...very attractive, I think...and very reasonably priced. The cognac mentioned above is pictured below. Incredibly smooth, a bit sweet, and all around delicious.

Excellent. This is very good news, recovery and planned consumption of Armagnac and Cognac, both.

Just as espresso should always be served in its own, special little cups, (you, I know, have solid glass ones - I love the small Italian porcelain cups), cognac should always - but always - be served in the appropriate balloon shaped glassware. Nothing else will suffice - so may you enjoy sipping and savouring both the Armagnac (25 years, hm, I await the tasting notes with interest) and the aged 20 year old cognac (a brand I have not ever come across, let alone sampled, in my travels…..and I am rather partial to a glass or two of cognac….)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Gaggia Classic, Iberital MC2 burr grinder & Motta tamper...

Lovely set up - good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it.

Why don't you drop by to say a hello to some of us on the incredible 'espresso' thread? You'll get a warm welcome from the quite wonderfully deranged regulars, along with much well meant and hugely well informed advice on all matters related to coffee.

Very nice equipment. I see you have the very same frothing thermometer as I do. I have a Gaggia Baby Class and a Rancilio Rocky grinder.

Aha - this post caught your eye as well; another one we might manage to ensnare in the espresso thread if we set succeed in setting out our wares attractively enough…...

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Lovely set up - good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it.

Why don't you drop by to say a hello to some of us on the incredible 'espresso' thread? You'll get a warm welcome from the quite wonderfully deranged regulars, along with much well meant and hugely well informed advice on all matters related to coffee.

Aha - this post caught your eye as well; another one we might manage to ensnare in the espresso thread if we set succeed in setting out our wares attractively enough…...

The first thing I did was remove the steam wand and fit the Rancilio Silvia wand.

Id forgotten about the espresso thread, ill head over there now:)

Last edited:

Johnboy7701

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014
I'm stationed over in Germany, there is no plan to pay a subsidized price with a contract. So I bought me and my wife new phones because I'm tired of my Note 3, and my wife always buys cheap phones that break so I decided to get her something nice.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410713789.359523.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410713789.359523.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 285

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The first thing I did was remove the steam wand and fit the Rancilio Silvia wand.

Id forgotten about the espresso thread, ill head over there now:)

You replaced the wand on your Gaggia? Was it difficult and do you think it will fit my Gaggia Baby Class? I've not been overly happy with the Pannarello style wands.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Bought 100 pack of instax film, probably going to get another 50. These are for our wedding happening in a couple weeks!

We are doing an instax photobooth for our guestbook. Actually needed that neo classic 90 after all!

Attachments

• instax.jpg
    instax.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 91

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I'm stationed over in Germany, there is no plan to pay a subsidized price with a contract. So I bought me and my wife new phones because I'm tired of my Note 3, and my wife always buys cheap phones that break so I decided to get her something nice.

FYI: Order # is still visible.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
You replaced the wand on your Gaggia? Was it difficult and do you think it will fit my Gaggia Baby Class? I've not been overly happy with the Pannarello style wands.

Don't know about the Baby, but dead easy on the Classic. Undid the nut holding it in place and pulled the wand out. Put the nut onto the Silvia wand and screwed it back in place. The wand cost me £10 on eBay brand new. I'll send you some photos tomorrow.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Bought 100 pack of instax film, probably going to get another 50. These are for our wedding happening in a couple weeks!

We are doing an instax photobooth for our guestbook. Actually needed that neo classic 90 after all!

Nice! I had a similar idea later down the road.

I literally just sold a Neo 90! I ended up getting the printer which I find to be a better experience overall (the Neo is sort of inconsistent). I would probably end up doing something with an iPhone/iPad or Touch to print to the instax printer.

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
Treated myself to a nice birthday present!

Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!

I learned to drive a stick in my dad's (at the time) brand new 2002 Corvette; so they always have a special place in my heart, even though there's no chance I can afford one right now ;p

Enjoy!

LNYMRKO

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2010
Managed to grab the last one in stock at a local store here, don't really NEED one (I know), but I couldn't resist for nostalgia reasons :cool:

Attachments

• Photo 15-09-2014 2 03 51 pm.jpg
    Photo 15-09-2014 2 03 51 pm.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
A new shirt

Nice to see another ThatDudeinBlue watcher on here! I really really enjoy his videos. :D

I ordered the Corksport Power Series exhaust for my Mazda 3. Will be picking it up from Corksport and installing it all on Wednesday. I'm so stoked.

Attachments

• CorkSport-Mazda-3-Catback-Exhaust13102334094e189341706dd.jpg
    CorkSport-Mazda-3-Catback-Exhaust13102334094e189341706dd.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 121

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Ordered this GT Tropic Rally perforated watch strap supposedly made using genuine leather for my Moto 360. I do have my doubts about how genuine it really is though.

61s5h9xqcbL._UL1500_.jpg

I hear ya, but I'm hardcore and have over 100 18650's, 18350's 14500's, 16340"s. 10440 Li-ion batteries in stock as well as a few hobby chargers and 40+ high end flashlights. I'm fully aware that I'm a freak (as well as many other hardcore flashlight people out there) Just go on budgetlightforum or candlepowerforums, you'll see I'm not alone. I'm thinking you're one of us? Am I wrong?

I'm not really, but I'm passionate about these sort of things nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.