Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Definetly!!

.mp3 said:
Ofcourse they do!

They really do!! I mean, I've never driven one since I'm only 15, but I have sat in the 911 Cabrio, Carrera, Turbo, Boxter, and the Cayenne and they were all excellent! The guy at the dealership actually started one up for me!! It sounded beautiful (if a car can sound that way)! I would love to get a 911 993 if I ever had enough money. They look the best in my opinion! :)

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
ryannel2003 said:
They really do!! I mean, I've never driven one since I'm only 15, but I have sat in the 911 Cabrio, Carrera, Turbo, Boxter, and the Cayenne and they were all excellent! The guy at the dealership actually started one up for me!! It sounded beautiful (if a car can sound that way)! I would love to get a 911 993 if I ever had enough money. They look the best in my opinion! :)

Offtopic: and they are the last air-cooled once ;)

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Even more offtopic!!

Platform said:
Offtopic: and they are the last air-cooled once ;)

More offtopic: I still think they should've kept the air-cooled. Once the 996 hit the market, the machines were more advanced than original. They didn't keep alot of the same design. Now with the 997, Porsche is going back to there roots of the last 993! :)

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Hi, Just wanted to get my new speakers before I posted on this thread.

Altec Lansing FX 6021 - very good!!! (The sound is a step up from my £30 speakers):D

Notice the wires though, may have to get some cable ties. :eek:

Mac Mini - 1.25 512Mb RAM, BT and Airport, Ordered tiger will install it when it comes.

Ipod (15 GB) with Dock, Rose Quartz on the left of the Samsung 17" 710N monitor and A geode possible of Agate I think (I should know studying geology at uni)...... :p

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 664
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 264

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
dotdotdot said:
I want those Altec Lansing speakers!

InConcert must be awesome!!

They are very good, The Sound is very crisp, and loud! :D Just have to make sure that I don't annoy my flat mates, well just for tonight 'says he putting the speakers up, with the remote!'

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
mac mini dual monitor

This might be really stupid question.. But can you run Dual Monitros on a mini?

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
redeye_be said:
nope, just one monitor exit on the mini
although it would be very nice to have two or more :)

here's my setup as of today
setup_mini_20050507.jpg

The mini's connected to a 2005FPW and a 200 Gb Maxtor OneTouch II for backup and files. There's a container of alien blood between the mini and the palm dock. The Plam is taking the shabby picture right now.
The rest is just some peripherals for less cool computers. As for the cable mess, i'll try to hide it, when i move into a new place. ;)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Not really my mini, but I ordered, tested and updated my father in laws mini before we drove it out to him and hooked it up to his printer (funny about that is that the mini recognized and configured the printer by it self much faster then I could do it manually, so when I was finished it already had a default printer... :))

We got him the 1.2 GHz mini with 512 MB RAM BTO, with an Apple Keyboard, a YuSmart 17" LCD and a really cheap optical two button USB scroll mouse from Biltema.

He already had a USB hub and the above mentioned USB printer.

Here's a picture from when I tested it home at my living room table (we didn't take off the protective plastic film covering the screen because we should transport it shortly after, thus the tape on the monitor):

Attachments

• minib.jpg
    minib.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 356

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
.mp3 said:
Mitthrawnuruodo: Your father must be pleashed with his new mac :D
It's my girlfriends father, but, YES, he is very pleased... and you should have seen his face when the machine just found the printer (no drivers needed) and we went online using the modem on the first try (this was one of the main problems with his former machine, a (I think defect) Compaq laptop he'd gotten from a kind of shady character).

When he just a week ago bought himself a Sony digital camera and that, too, just worked with the machine he was almost in awe (he also brought it to work, where he still has a PC, and there he had to install some drivers or other software for it to work...) :)

He actually said he no longer knew why he didn't switch MUCH earlier... ;) :D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
It's my girlfriends father, but, YES, he is very pleased... and you should have seen his face when the machine just found the printer (no drivers needed) and we went online using the modem on the first try (this was one of the main problems with his former machine, a (I think defect) Compaq laptop he'd gotten from a kind of shady character).

When he just a week ago bought himself a Sony digital camera and that, too, just worked with the machine he was almost in awe (he also brought it to work, where he still has a PC, and there he had to install some drivers or other software for it to work...) :)

He actually said he no longer knew why he didn't switch MUCH earlier... ;) :D

Better late then never :p

nwimacmini

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2005
Indiana
entropyjosh said:
This might be really stupid question.. But can you run Dual Monitros on a mini?

You will one day...some company says that they'll introduce a USB 2.0 to VGA adapter that works with Macs (currently, it's PC-only) in July for around $90.

As for out of the box, nope.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I don't think I posted in this thread yet, so here it is (was posted in the other BIG setup thread):

setup.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality; I don't have a digital camera, I used my camcorder to get the shot :)

(What: Dell 1901FP, Apple USB keyboard, MX1000, Mac mini and a soon-to-be-gone gaming PC on the lower right corner)

treysmay

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2005
toronto, ontario, canada
iKWICK7 said:
Sorry for the bad picture quality....

My mini setup right now. I'm such a slacker, I haven't set up /cleaned up since I got it. Will eventually put it where those PS2 games are on that shelve above.

hows the resolution? can you read font very well?

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
PWIGBH said:
I use my Panasonic 60" for More than TV. It has 3 RGB inputs, 1 DVI, 2 Componet, 1- SVHS and rf connection.
Here's a picture of my set up. Mac Min Wireless KB & Mouse, Wireless w/Bluetooth. And my dog, "NANA"!

Can be seen at :http://homepage.mac.com/pwigbh/PhotoAlbum4.html
I will be doing this tomorrow with my Sony 60" and my Mini. I cant wait to see how it turns out. Your setup is very sweet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.