Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Rickay726 said:
i love love love that angle, espically me being in love with photography, it quite cool
As do i. It is a shaep image and the mouse mat makes it look so cool aswell.

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
Foggy said:
My setup:

DSC00637_small.jpg

Words Words
Words Words

That chair is wonderful.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Rickay726 said:
i love love love that angle, espically me being in love with photography, it quite cool

I agree, however i wish it showed more of the computer...

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Yup, kudos to you. however, I think there is not much more to your setup. That mouse is pretty much the center, right?

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the comments. My old setup was very simple. I think it was the combination of the camera angle, warm lighting (the desklamp I used to have produced a really great warm light), and the beautiful G4 hardware. The new brushed aluminum looks great, but not as beautiful the previous hardware, IMO.

Shotglass said:
Yup, kudos to you. however, I think there is not much more to your setup. That mouse is pretty much the center, right?
Yup. This was the setup of my very first mac. :)

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Benjamindaines said:
What do you have now?

After that I had a dual 1.8ghz g5 and a 1.67ghz powerbook.

Now I have a 15" macbook pro hooked up to an ACD. I posted photos of it a few pages back. They just aren't as memorable as the plastic macs. :cool:

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
Aarow said:
That chair is wonderful.

That chair is pure classic 1980's!! It is just soooo damn comfortable even if the arms are fraying and it is definately just about starting to show its age - I am hoping that seeing as the rest of the 80's seems to be back in at the mo then my chair will too!! :D:D

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Bought a new reference monitor speaker today (KRK Rokit-8), and i wanted to setup my computer better for audio production/mixing. I don't see why it took me so long to realize I could have things setup much better!

bowz_newdjsetup-oct06.jpg

bowz_newdjsetup2-oct06.jpg

Just gotta move that keyboard tray, but it's too late for that tonight. I wanted to re-arrange things so Im just using some stupid folding table for a make shift keyboard tray right now.

this is what it was like before:
bowz_computer-oct06a.jpg

feels like i have more room now too!

furious

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
my set-up. yes the poster is crooked. it is modest but gets the job done. for Christmas i am planing on getting an external monitor and 1 gb ram. it is stock 1.83ghz macbook. i have two external hdd, the 250gb mybook(for every day use) and a generic case 320gb(for backup).

Attachments

• PA170017.JPG
    PA170017.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 156

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Finally got my desk set up in my new place which means I can finally use my 24" Dell monitor :D (bear in mind my new room is about the size of a box so it's a miracle it fits in at all).

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_00021.jpg
    DSC_00021.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 6,434

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Where does everyone get these "swing-arm" things (yeah I don't know what they are called) to hold their 'books up? They look really cool and useful as well. I circled what I'm talking about in the image below. :)

Attachments

• bowz_newdjsetup-oct06.jpg
    bowz_newdjsetup-oct06.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 414

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
You can get them at some bigger electronic stores. The swing-arms are actually availabe in more places than the actual mounting arms.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Shotglass said:
You can get them at some bigger electronic stores. The swing-arms are actually availabe in more places than the actual mounting arms.
Know of any chain stores that might carry them, or online somewhere?

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
someguy said:
Know of any chain stores that might carry them, or online somewhere?

You can get them at Staples Business Depot... but that might just be a Canadian store thing - http://www.staples.ca/
Any kind of business store supply store... they're sometimes called "Monitor Arms". I got mine used off a local buy & sell website in my city... $15 :)

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
bowzer said:
You can get them at Staples Business Depot... but that might just be a Canadian store thing - http://www.staples.ca/
Any kind of business store supply store... they're sometimes called "Monitor Arms". I got mine used off a local buy & sell website in my city... $15 :)
$15? Wow! The only one's I can find online are $100+, most above $250.

I'm looking for one that mounts to a desktop and elevates a laptop so can I cam swivel it freely as well as use the desk space beneath is comfortably... and that is cheap. :)

Perhaps I should make a WTB thread in the Marketplace Forum.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
bowzer said:
Bought a new reference monitor speaker today (KRK Rokit-8), and i wanted to setup my computer better for audio production/mixing. I don't see why it took me so long to realize I could have things setup much better!
You'll need to move those reference speakers closer together if you are doing audio production/mixing. If not your mixes are going to have stereo imaging problems.

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
QuarterSwede said:
You'll need to move those reference speakers closer together if you are doing audio production/mixing. If not your mixes are going to have stereo imaging problems.

moved things around abit again... the monitors are only about 2.5-3 feet away from each ear. I think that's a good enough distance?

bowz_newturntablesetup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.