Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSaint

macrumors 603
There are so many advertising firms that use Macs, that when there's a shoot they put whatever computer is around in their hands.

Also, you wouldn't believe the amount of software and satellite capable data that farmers have access to these days. Satellites can read ground moisture data and terrain, and measure the best harvest results based on all of these measurements, plus how much fertilizer they used. Interesting link here.

I'm not a farmer, but I took my son to a farm to ride on a combine with a satellite receiver and GPS that was recording his harvest information as we rode. It also helped adjust the heighth of the combine according to the terrain as we drove along.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
There are so many advertising firms that use Macs, that when there's a shoot they put whatever computer is around in their hands.
I don't think that it should be overlooked that the Duos were just about the sexiest laptops of the 90's. The fact that they show up in pictures and movies isn't because they were the systems people had on hand... it was because they were the most photogenic systems of the time.

Duos were the laptop supermodels of their period... and apparently they still hold their visual appeal as they popped up here. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.