Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Strange that there are no real pictures of the cases and the screen protectors on a real phones. Can't find any, not even on their Facebook page.

Oh well I ordered a Air Jacket (black) and a crystal screen protector on Friday and waiting them to ship them.

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
Didn't the black jacket start peeling over time with the 5?

Had mine for 2 years and no peeling whatsoever. The back is full of scuffs and hairline marks though.

Strange that there are no real pictures of the cases and the screen protectors on a real phones. Can't find any, not even on their Facebook page.

I posted some images on page 1.

greatness

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014
Are we starting to see movement on these early by any chance? Looks like the website updated to tell pre-order guys to email their support if no shipping notice is received by the 7th.

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Are we starting to see movement on these early by any chance? Looks like the website updated to tell pre-order guys to email their support if no shipping notice is received by the 7th.

I ordered on the 20th, and it shipped on the 3rd.

Will still be a while until I get it - via cheapest USPS international option, to New Zealand.

rcw2012

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlcf12DHX3Q

Japanese video of the clear Air Jacket (skip to 4 minutes.) Actually looks pretty damn nice. I'm considering switching my pre-order from the rubber black to the clear.

Edit: Another video of clear matte and clear around 9 min here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2OkWjRm1UI

Despite having the black rubber version for my iPhone 5 and absolutely loving it, I have to say I'm leaning towards the clear Air Jacket as well as it looks great! I got the clear Air Jacket for my iPad Air and it is amazing with no scratches yet after nearly a years use. It's also very smudge resistant too so would hope the iPhone 6 version is the same.

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
I ordered on the 20th, and it shipped on the 3rd.

Will still be a while until I get it - via cheapest USPS international option, to New Zealand.
Did you preorder the 6 or 6+? And, what color? I preorder 2x clear 6+, but no shipping notice so far.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Currently have the Spigen Airskin and might get this instead. It's super thin, so I'm not sure what amount of protection it would provide if I drop it.

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
How does air jacket hold up for drop protection or rigidity for the iphone (aka bendgate issues)? Thanks for your feedback!

V

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012

Mine shipped on Friday. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Are these cases flexible or hard like the old air jackets? The last text review above makes it seem like it is flexible and no longer hard plastic?

img201409291814280.jpg

img201409291814400.jpg

Last edited:

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Looks very nice.

I am still going for the rubber black as those clear covers will definitely show smudges etc

After using both the clear and black rubber Air Jacket for the 5s, I can say for sure that the black shows smudges and fingerprints waaaaay more than the clear. It contrasts so much with the oils/fingerprints/dirt.

Of course the clear does show them too, but they're harder to see because there isn't as much contrast. You can't go wrong either way though...I'll probably end up getting the black one down the road myself.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Didn't they use to include one of their screen protectors when you bought this case?

Yep. Two actually--one matte and one crystal. And a cleaning cloth. And 2 camera flash rings (doesn't look like they incorporated them into their design this time).

This is my only gripe about PS now. You used to pay $30 for all of that. Now that will run you almost $50 (if you're in the U.S.).

Sucks.

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
I haven't received a shipping notification for my 6 Plus black rubber Air Jacket pre-order yet. Still trying to decide if I want to switch to the clear version but I absolutely loved my black rubber for the 5, except for how scuffed it got over time. Felt great though and the stealth black look on a black/gray iPhone looks awesome. From all the reviews thus far, looks like everybody in Japan is picking up the clear.

It does suck that they no longer come with screen protectors. I'm debating going naked this time. The Mime Feather+ glass looks like a tempting option though.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
I haven't received a shipping notification for my 6 Plus black rubber Air Jacket pre-order yet. Still trying to decide if I want to switch to the clear version but I absolutely loved my black rubber for the 5, except for how scuffed it got over time. Felt great though and the stealth black look on a black/gray iPhone looks awesome. From all the reviews thus far, looks like everybody in Japan is picking up the clear.

It does suck that they no longer come with screen protectors. I'm debating going naked this time. The Mime Feather+ glass looks like a tempting option though.
I'm leaning towards no screen protector as well. They are so nasty looking this time around, not a proper fit with the curved edges and even if someone does come out with one that is edge to edge, it will peel - simple Gravity and physics. Most scratch tests are also showing the front is fairly resistant to scratches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.