Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
This years air jacket is just as good as last years. It feels like there is no case on the phone. I tried to upload pics but it won't let me. Says upload pic failed. The lip on the case doesn't really stick out as much as they advertised but still a very good case. Very satisfied

so screen will touch the table or not when it's face down?

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
This years air jacket is just as good as last years. It feels like there is no case on the phone. I tried to upload pics but it won't let me. Says upload pic failed. The lip on the case doesn't really stick out as much as they advertised but still a very good case. Very satisfied

Dang, I really want to see some pics of the clear Air Jacket.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Dang, I really want to see some pics of the clear Air Jacket.

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

Let me know if you want any other view, i apologize if the pics suck lol

Ryuki

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
It's lower to make taking off the case easier.

That's what it says in the jp site

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
That's not good as it exposes part of the curved edge. Either it's a bad design fault or its a faulty case.

looks like thats how the cases are as explained on the website. But I still like this case. It feels great. Hopefully I won't drop it on that edge

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
looks like thats how the cases are as explained on the website. But I still like this case. It feels great. Hopefully I won't drop it on that edge

Not sure about that design choice. I think it might be a deal breaker for me.

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Thank you sir, looks nice! Is it a somewhat flexible material or hard plastic? I have also read that the lower corner is shaped like that for removal of the case. Is it difficult to remove?

Bit of a pain to remove. Didn't know the bottom right hand was made to remove it easier.

Tried it, but still a little difficult.

It's somewhat flexible.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Bit of a pain to remove. Didn't know the bottom right hand was made to remove it easier.

Tried it, but still a little difficult.

It's somewhat flexible.

Thanks for the info! What are your first impressions of the case? Diggin' it?

----------

Wow, hard to look at these and not say this is the best clear case for the iPhone. Awesome pics, shows off the case and phone perfectly.

Agreed! It does look mighty nice.......

ajram2002

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
I got my PS case for my 6+ on Saturday. On my particular case, the lip does not project above the screen far enough to keep the glass from resting directly on surfaces. I'm very disappointed. I purchased it because the PS description specifically says it has this raised lip. Any thoughts?

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
I got my PS case for my 6+ on Saturday. On my particular case, the lip does not project above the screen far enough to keep the glass from resting directly on surfaces. I'm very disappointed. I purchased it because the PS description specifically says it has this raised lip. Any thoughts?

the lip is there slightly. If you don't have a screen protector on it def should make your screen not touch the table. The ps screen protectors are pretty thick so the protector will be raised higher than the lip

ajram2002

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
the lip is there slightly. If you don't have a screen protector on it def should make your screen not touch the table. The ps screen protectors are pretty thick so the protector will be raised higher than the lip

No screen protector on mine, and my screen definitely touches the table. The case is raised slightly above the rounded metal edge of the phone, but still below the point where the glass levels out to flat (I hope that makes sense).

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I can see this making a few people disappointed if the lip does not protect the screen face down, but personally... I would be happy with less lip when I install my case. This is how it was with my iPhone 5 air jacket. The reason why I loved my black air jacket case on my iPhone 5 for 2 years was that it blacked out my phone, and it looked ant felt like I didn't have a case on it. I used a tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone 5... and it still looks like I don't have a screen protector on it. I'm planning to have the same setup for my 6 plus... but not expecting the same results in looks since screen protectors doesn't cover the whole screen like on the iPhone 5.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
The screen protector doesn't look that great.

Screen protectors this gen are terrible. I would rather risk getting a scratch than ruining my display by putting a partial screen protector on it. These screens are the most screen resistant of all time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.