Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
How AT&T made any money from me is beyond me. I bought it as pay as u go from the Uk and has only been on NZ and Polish networks since. Not everyone is American would you believe

lol, sorry. You just reminded me of a friend who's still on 3G, paying $80 a month for a contract that has been over for two years

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
lol, sorry. You just reminded me of a friend who's still on 3G, paying $80 a month for a contract that has been over for two years

I feel for u Americans, ur phone companies shaft you, but then your petrol is alot cheaper...

gregwyattjr

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
Who prefers to pre-order? I personally enjoy making the trip to an Apple Store to purchase my product in person.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
What a bugger. I'm in Florida from 7th Sept to 18th Sept!

If pre orders do start on the 12th in the UK, will I be able to order one online while in the US with my iPad? i.e. It's not going to stop me is it because it thinks I'm based in the US due to my IP address while over there? :confused: I'd still like to pre order one on the 12th if possible. :apple:

They don't care where you're ordering from.

If you want it delivered to a UK address, order it through the UK website and have a UK credit card.

Simples.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I feel for u Americans, ur phone companies shaft you, but then your petrol is a lot cheaper...

But we're forced to drive everywhere as public transportation is either nonexistent or terrible. I'd rather have good public transportation and higher gas prices.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I'm going to call it now, and say scoring a phone on release day by just walking into the store will probably work in many metro areas.

Tim Cook has it under control.

walien

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
I've been a loyal Tmobile customer since they were Omnipoint! Waited through 5 generations of IPhones for them to get that damn phone with frequent disappointment. If it doesn't come on the 12th I'm out and off to Verizon or AT&T, can't wait any longer! I want to talk to Siri!!!

rwcrell

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
Anyone familiar with the Sprint Employee referral program and know if new phones are generally available there?

I'm planning on pre ordering the new iPhone and want to use the discounted Sprint plan. Do you think I could or is that program limited to certain phones?

darbus69

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
I have been waiting to get an iPhone all my life, now that this one looks like "the one"... I just do not care. I am fine with my crappy black berry.

I may get a discontinued 4Gs instead for a cheaper price. That would do.

Geez! live a little!!!

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
2. I don't care about LTE since my data plan is tiny anyway, and I only use it for text.
While LTE is nice, my Swiss carrier has recently just shafted their whole customer base with their new plans: "You want LTE speed? Pay $169/month to get it."
http://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/mobile/subscription-tariffs.html

I currently pay $35/month for 250 MB plus a few bucks on calls (I also just get about $300 for new handset subsidies). To just keep my current iPhone 4 speed, I would nearly have to triple my current spending to $99/month with their new system.

If I hadn't missed my cancellation window, I would be signing up to another carrier already.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
This year I'm breaking the chain and _not_ pre-ordering a new iPhone.

Instead I'm going to sit back, relax and read the frantic reports of buyers waiting for theirs to arrive. Hanging on every word to see who get's theirs first.

I'll be reading the complaints about FedEx, and all the other angst that typically surfaces on the forum when a new iPhone is in the wind.

Then there will be the reviews, reports and other analysis of every bit of minutia.

Ah yes, it ought to be interesting to see just what this latest iPhone is like.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
At&t?

Shame, gotta buy it full price if I want to keep my unlimited, unthrottled LTE :(

Unfortunately if you have AT&T you WILL get throttled after 5gb of use of LTE and 3GB of use for 3G. I found this out this week and I've had the unlimited plan since the first iPhone.:(

Penfold2711

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2011
Well in the UK 4g LTE doesn't mean a thing as we dont get it i mean for crying out loud we still don't get visual voicemail from the iphone 4 launch so at the moment the new iphone offers nothing but a bigger screen as the mobile phone companies wont spend the money to offer the services.

So while you guys are cooing over LTE AND VV AND NFC think of ur poor cousins that dont get any of these things :(:(

Speedyparker87

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2010
Chicago
Oh. That's believable. I will still probably stay at AT&T because

3. Verizon can sometimes be a scumbag. I don't forgive them for their terrible cable box, their non-functioning iOS app for their cable box, and their ridiculous DNS service that trumps my super-fast connection with FiOS. What jerks.

You can switch what DNS you use...

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
But we're forced to drive everywhere as public transportation is either nonexistent or terrible. I'd rather have good public transportation and higher gas prices.

Yep, agreed. And we're going to pay for it as oil gets more expensive/hard to find. It's not an infinite resource and our economy very much depends on it not getting expensive.

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
That's exactly why my "the new iPad" was on my front porch on launch day. Mobile App went through on 2nd try ;):apple:

I'm using this tactic. I'll be at work during the keynote so I may sneak a break afterwards and order straight from my phone. :)

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
This year I'm breaking the chain and _not_ pre-ordering a new iPhone.

Instead I'm going to sit back, relax and read the frantic reports of buyers waiting for theirs to arrive. Hanging on every word to see who get's theirs first.

I'll be reading the complaints about FedEx, and all the other angst that typically surfaces on the forum when a new iPhone is in the wind.

Then there will be the reviews, reports and other analysis of every bit of minutia.

Ah yes, it ought to be interesting to see just what this latest iPhone is like.

Ha, I did that last year (new products coming out are fun to watch even if you aren't getting them just for all the drama :) ). But that's not me breaking any chain cause I only buy when my contract is out.

But, this time around I may wait and see what reviews say, especially if nothing really grabs my attention (and they don't address how this phone will have the same battery life while not having an appreciably bigger battery but having LTE and a bigger screen. I mean if they come up iwth a good explanation why it won't need as much battery or won't need more battery than a 4 I might take the plunge and get it when it comes out, but we'll see. I want to see the announcement first and see what it officially has and their official expected battery life).

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
You can switch what DNS you use...

I know, but shouldn't the one they give me be good enough? Anyway, the public ones are only a small improvement over the terrible FiOS one. I've tried Google and OpenDNS, and they're still both slower than the default DNS I see at other persons' houses. A regular webpage loads faster overall on my grandparents' DSL than on our FiOS.

Now that I think about it, there is a chance of it somehow being our router's fault. The FiOS router they give us is a clunky Actiontec router that uses a MOCA input, and I'm pretty much stuck with it unless I want a MOCA to ethernet adaptor and an Airport Extreme router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.