Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
WOW!

These displays are simply amazing. I picked up a 23" to use with my MacBook. I can't believe how great these things look. :)

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
WOW!

These displays are simply amazing. I picked up a 23" to use with my MacBook. I can't believe how great these things look. :)

Congratulations on your new display. Please post a picture of your setup so we all can see

MacBook Jack

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
I just got a 23" too - they're amazing!!! Cannae beat reading ur emails at low resolution, then full res for editing photos!

it find it more of a pain to use the macbook screen too - i just don't need it!

i got mine with educational discount, so it was same price to a dell 24".

And u plug ur macbook into it... Your keyboard, printer, mouse, hard disks etc are all ready to go!

Ohhh it is sooooo good... I stayed up all night on tuesday editing photos. Being at work is enough time to rest!

No need to :apple:~ to go thru windows - just move it to the side!

Plus the touch buttons at the side match my 3G iPod. Bonus!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I went back and forth between getting a 2nd 20" or a 30". I ended up buying the 30" last night. The only complaint is the box is heavier than I thought and it sucked walking all the way to my car from the mall carrying it with their poorly designed, skin-cutting, plastic handle!

I was reluctant to spend the cash because it seemed like a lot for a monitor, but now that I sit in front of it, I have no regrets.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I went back and forth between getting a 2nd 20" or a 30". I ended up buying the 30" last night. The only complaint is the box is heavier than I thought and it sucked walking all the way to my car from the mall carrying it with their poorly designed, skin-cutting, plastic handle!

I was reluctant to spend the cash because it seemed like a lot for a monitor, but now that I sit in front of it, I have no regrets.

wow, your lucky no one tried to steal it.

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
The only complaint is the box is heavier than I thought and it sucked walking all the way to my car from the mall carrying it with their poorly designed, skin-cutting, plastic handle!

Haha you're right about the handles. I was walking through the mall with my iPod Hi-Fi which is no where near the same weight as a 30" and it was hurting my hand.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Congrats on the purchase! Awesome displays, love all of mine, wouldn't think twice about buying more. Yes, it sucks that they're relatively expensive, but for anyone that spends a lot of time staring at an LCD display the ACD's are worth every penny.

go.mouse

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2007
Vancouver, BC
The salesperson in the Apple Store (Alderwood Mall, Lynwood, WA) helped me move my 30" Cinema Display to my car!! :D I totally agree with you, I was shocked how big and how heavy the box is. It filled my empty trunk nicely.

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
Here you go.

Don't mind my Microsoft keyboard, the new Apple keyboard is on order. Oh, and the cables and such will be taken care of when I get my new desk. :D

display_med.png

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
I felt the same way. When I got my 30" model it made my older monitors look like crap, so I got a second 20" as well. Beautiful monitors.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Once I get a couple of clients for my web design business the money is going towards one of these beasts. Which do you think the 23 or the 30? I think that I'll probably go for the 23

Truz21

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2007
I need some help here on deciding to purchase a new ACD. I want to get the 30 inch, but I have been holding out since May (when I bought my new Mac Pro) in fear that updates would be coming soon.

Now we have been through 2 mac events and not a word on updated cinema displays.

Would I regret buying a new display now? What do people expect to be in the new cinema displays? More connectivity options? Isights? What do you guys think, is it a bad time to buy?

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I need some help here on deciding to purchase a new ACD. I want to get the 30 inch, but I have been holding out since May (when I bought my new Mac Pro) in fear that updates would be coming soon.

Now we have been through 2 mac events and not a word on updated cinema displays.

Would I regret buying a new display now? What do people expect to be in the new cinema displays? More connectivity options? Isights? What do you guys think, is it a bad time to buy?

wondering the same thing myself, I imagine there must be some update coming soon, Its been a long while since they've last been updated.

jaglad

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Royston, UK
I love the apple displays as well, loved my 20" when I bought it and still do, I have now since bought the 30" and was going to sell the 20" but I think they are such nice monitors I would rather keep it, so now use it as second display, bit OTT when you have a 30" as that has more than enough real estate!

I bought the 30" from the Apple store in Regent Street at the beginning of the month and that was a sod carrying it through London and on the under ground, my hand was killing, such big and heavy boxes, it really did attract a lot of attention, just glad I went along with a mate who acted as my body guard!

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
I bought the 30" from the Apple store in Regent Street at the beginning of the month and that was a sod carrying it through London and on the under ground, my hand was killing, such big and heavy boxes, it really did attract a lot of attention, just glad I went along with a mate who acted as my body guard!

No kidding. Even the UPS guy was struggling to carry it. The box is one huge sucker!

limegator

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007

I'm in a similar position as well. I recently ordered a Mac Pro and now I'm concerned whether or not to purchase the ACD. It would be real nice to have a built in iSight, but how long would it take for an update? Hopefully we'll receive one soon because I can't be stuck with a machine w/o a display ;)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
woooooow man that is one awsome screen!!!!

im so glad ur happy with it.

surprisingly i got a bargin on a no-brand screen (my 19') and it has close specs to the ACD (cept resolution).

im thinking getting an ACD, cost soooo much tho!!!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
ya, luckily I don't have the money right now, so I won't make a snap decision and then regret it when new ones come rolling out

I thought about it myself. There are three things I can see happening. An HD plug, an iSight, and a complete overhaul of the design to look like the new iMac. I saw the new iMac and I can see the appeal, but the new look doesn't appeal to me. The lack of the HD plug doesn't phase me, and the iSight doesn't bother me.
The specs as they are in my opinion will last quite a while so I took the plunge. I don't and do not believe I'll regret it if they update in another couple of months.
The 30" was a great decision. For money saving purposes I thought I would get the 23" since I have a 20" dell, now that I have the 30" I am quite pleased. Upon first edit of some photos I knew it was the right choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.