Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i don't think a lot of people online sell bootlegs, they either just put them up for download or trade. it's only illegal if you're caught!

i want the recording feature by august because that's when im seeing aerosmith.

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Originally posted by KLFloyd
Okay, I'm not really familiar with the technical aspects of this so maybe someone can give me a general answer to this question:

About how much space are we looking at a recording taking? Would it be recorded in AIFF, ACC, or what? If it was AIFF it would eat HD space quickly, epically if you were recording a lengthy interview or class lecture.

It would be important to know so I knew if I should get the 10, 15 or even 30 GB version.

If they were to put it in the official OS, they would let you have a choice of encoding (AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV etc.) and bit rate.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by Wardofsky
If they were to put it in the official OS, they would let you have a choice of encoding (AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV etc.) and bit rate.

it might not be able to encode into AAC in real time though. it might need to do AIFF and then convert it to AAC, but im not sure. would it be able to be recorded right into AAC?

Switcher2001

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Should I wait or buy a digital voice recorder?

I've been waiting patiently for five months already for Apple to unveil (or enable) this recording capability with a software update for the iPod. I could really use a digital voice recorder now, though. I shopped around, and I would have to spend at least $100 to get anything decent. Why should I have to spend more money on a device that only holds 64 MB RAM, though, when I've got this 30 GB iPod that could record if Apple would only unveil its capabilities? What's the stalling about? Anyone have any idea when I'll be able to start recording with my $500 iPod (which is already only worth $400)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.