Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
Will never buy another non-black iPhone ever again. Sure, when you first get a white/gold iPhone it has that gloss and floss factor. But it doesn't have the timeless motive of a black iPhone.

Word to the wise, only buy black iPhones.

Do you mean motif? Not trying to be a grammar nazi, just don't understand what you mean.

I prefer silver but yay, we each get our choice :)

wjereb

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
I have always had black iPads & iPhones but on launch day the only 32GB 5S Best Buy had was the white. I could have had a 16GB in black. I really agonized over it and decided why not. Since then I went with white on my iPad Air. I keep it in the same type of case as my daughter but the white bezel lets me know its mine.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
the front face should be black, the sides and back white. Like the 3G/3GS. That was the best.

The black screen when its off with white borders doesn't look right.

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
I always prefer black and think white is too girlish for me and the white front is a bit distracting and discomforting to me. After my iphone 4 was broken I had to borrow my wife's white 4s. It wasn't as bad as I thought. But I'm definitely enjoying using the space grey version of iPhone 5s. I would have consider the gold one had it had a black front.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This thread is "Winning " :p
So much "discussion" about what is basically a personal subjective opinion that really doesn't play a role to anyone else.

It's like talking about what your favorite color is--it's cool and all, but it really doesn't make for a meaningful/useful discussion as it's nothing more than a personal preference that is neither right or wrong or good or bad, it just is (and can even change for people or some might not even have any preference).

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I had black phones and iPads until the iPad 3 came out. Got white. Then a white iPhone 5.

Wouldn't buy black again.

IMO white just looks nicer.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I think white is better. In the past I could only get black iPhones. Now I have a white iPod touch and a white iPad mini. I think black is just so plain looking. I've not seen the gold iPhone in the flesh yet, but the white and silver is beautiful. I don't like the space grey at all.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
You can tell the difference between an iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S based on visuals if they are next to each other?

As they are two completely different colors, unless one is color blind, the difference should be easily detected.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Had a slate 4/4s and 5. Always preferred black on all my Android devices. This time around I went with the Gold 5s and couldn't be more happier.

I believe I'll stick with either white/silver or white/gold from here on out.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
No regrets! The Silver/White combo is the best color.

Gold gets old and the Space gray is bland.

Just my biased opinion. ;D

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
As they are two completely different colors, unless one is color blind, the difference should be easily detected.

If they are Silver, they are identical. The easiest way is to look at the home button: no square box and a metallic ring on the 5S.

apple-iphone-5s-and-5-back-view-540x334.jpg

apple-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5-front-view-540x334.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.