Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
It's also possible that iLife '09 is a stability and multithreading update like Snow Leopard.

yep. seems more likely that it will than it won't.

the only major thing that they could change in iLife is taking iMovie back to the old interface, especially for audio. the FCP style audio layers were way more workable than what there is now.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I don't see why they would need to make it Intel only, unless they used routines that required Intel's SSE extensions or Snow Leopard / CUDA / Grand Central code.

peepboon

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
hey guys, i used to work for currys and my brother currently works there. I know that stocks of Apple Macbook white and Macbook Pro are short. The Macbook black is completely out of stock nationwide and currys cannot order any more from apple. Also, currys have already taken a few mac products off their site perhaps giving the remaining stock to PC World (same company) but are more computer based.

Something to add to the fact that new products could be on its way!

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
yep. seems more likely that it will than it won't.

the only major thing that they could change in iLife is taking iMovie back to the old interface, especially for audio. the FCP style audio layers were way more workable than what there is now.

iMovie needs to stay with the new interface, because of the amazing organization and quick assemble edit. However, it would be nice to have a button you could select to bring it into Timeline mode for finer editing (not to mention video effects and more transitions).

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
hey guys, i used to work for currys and my brother currently works there. I know that stocks of Apple Macbook white and Macbook Pro are short. The Macbook black is completely out of stock nationwide and currys cannot order any more from apple. Also, currys have already taken a few mac products off their site perhaps giving the remaining stock to PC World (same company) but are more computer based.

Interesting, I went into My local Dixons, (Currys Digital or whatever its called) and the Macbook white and MBA has been demoted to a different part of the store, away from the rest of the laptops, and there was no blackbook, like there usually is.

Snowcat001

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Interesting, I went into My local Dixons, (Currys Digital or whatever its called) and the Macbook white and MBA has been demoted to a different part of the store, away from the rest of the laptops, and there was no blackbook, like there usually is.

Same thing going on here in Belgium! In the "Switch" store Macbook Pro's 17" are on clearance sale! And the store is unable to order any more Macbook Pro's 17" of the curent model.

We are DEFINITELY going to see new mbp's soon!!!:D Yihaa!

KineticEcho

macrumors newbie

Same thing here in Italy, Hi-End Macbook (Black/White) are out of stock and not available to order.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
While such inventory reports are good indicators that, as expected, new toys are coming, we do need to remember that the UK was out of iPhones for a period of weeks prior to the release of the iPhone 3G due to sales outpacing inventory projections.

So we should not assume that this is absolute proof that new Macs are coming within seven days. ;)

Snowcat001

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
While such inventory reports are good indicators that, as expected, new toys are coming, we do need to remember that the UK was out of iPhones for a period of weeks prior to the release of the iPhone 3G due to sales outpacing inventory projections.

So we should not assume that this is absolute proof that new Macs are coming within seven days. ;)

It's highly unlikely that we'll see new macs in seven days but we will probably see an invitation for an apple event tomorrow or withing seven days :D

kabunaru

Jan 28, 2008
It's highly unlikely that we'll see new macs in seven days but we will probably see an invitation for an apple event tomorrow or withing seven days :D
It is very likely that we might see at least an announcement on September 9th along with the MacBook Touch. :p

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK

There better be invites tommarrow. If I can recall, invites always go out a week before the event. So yep, Tommarrow is crucial.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
It is very likely that we might see at least an announcement on September 9th along with the MacBook Touch. :p
It is almost certain that we will see at least an announcement of new notebooks sometime in September or the first half of October. :D

There better be invites tommarrow. If I can recall, invites always go out a week before the event. So yep, Tommarrow is crucial.
Keep in mind we may be waiting until 9 PM or so that day.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
iMovie needs to stay with the new interface, because of the amazing organization and quick assemble edit. However, it would be nice to have a button you could select to bring it into Timeline mode for finer editing (not to mention video effects and more transitions).

the whole events/projects thing is fine. it's working with audio that is a pain in the butt. the old system was 200 times better. and from the gripes that I've heard from other folks, they agree and wish that the old '06 style was still there.

jbrenn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
mac updates soon

the local best buy is out of All macs all the displays are gone also i know it is a small store in a small town but that to me is confirmation that the updates are in the next week or two

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
the local best buy is out of All macs all the displays are gone also i know it is a small store in a small town but that to me is confirmation that the updates are in the next week or two

Maybe... Maybe not...

Remember, in the past Best Buy employees have leaked the new Mac SKUs when they enter the system and so far no such leak has come out...

jbrenn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
maybe because the sku got leaked last time they will announce them first and ship in a week or two especially if it a redesign.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
maybe because the sku got leaked last time they will announce them first and ship in a week or two especially if it a redesign.

Having spent a number of years in "big box retail", I expect Best Buy will know about the new parts before Apple formally releases them due to the realities of their inventory management system.

And while Apple formally likes to "play it close to the vest", the fact is that all these leaks drive hype and excitement within their existing customer base which helps convince them to replace their existing product with the new product.

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
My prediction: Colored macs are on the way. I got this in my email today. I think the gimick site got a little ahead of itself

2837766114_3e62f1c9a9.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.