Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
caveman_uk said:
5) See if you get any kernel panics without the ISDN adapter plugged in.

yep, tried that. Could panics still happen with the drivers installed, but the adapter not plugged in?

I've rolled back to older, but more stable drivers. Still no panics since 1st April, so hopefully the problem is gone.

Also, I only recently learnt about "fsck -f" after a reboot. Maybe that solved the probelm?

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
I won't be needing the ISDN adaptor for much longer. I'm getting broadband installed in the next few weeks.

:D

Colonel Panik

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
EGT said:
Just off the phone to apple support. Unfortunately, the powerbook is just outside of its warranty (19th of March, bah!!). I didn't realise it took so long to arrive. I didn’t have it until late April/early May!

Don't accept that. The warranty is from when you get the package, not when it was ordered. Find the delivery slip, or some proof of when you received it and phone them again.

I've been lucky with all my Macs, they've all be excellently manufactured. But when you deal with hundreds of thousands of productions, some are going to come out goofy. I've had my share of bad RAM, though, and the common theme with bad RAM is random unexplicable kernal panics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.