Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
decided to post the info because the two reps I've contacted seemed quite positive about November. We might simply be looking at a real low availability, as mentioned by Cook.

As for Macbidouille, been visiting that site for a long time and third party resellers are struggling over there. Looks mostly like a frustrated reseller going through the Macbidouille channel as usual. Their forum is full of french-rant... and no validation of information. So yeah, blog hit strategy in the works for them this week.

that kinda answers my question about the reliability of that site, thanks

Killer Bob

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
now, let's hope they didn't get lucky this time around ;)

that whole situation kinda bring the old Apple-disciples back in the game. Get a database of real Apple product buyers back that will wait it off because they care about what they are buying/getting versus the pop-buyers looking for quick satisfaction.

Let's say they are producing half of what they expected for this time period. Well, they are still putting it out there (as advertised on Apple : still no modification of availability Nov/Dec).

that kinda answers my question about the reliability of that site, thanks

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
now, let's hope they didn't get lucky this time around ;)

that whole situation kinda bring the old Apple-disciples back in the game. Get a database of real Apple product buyers back that will wait it off because they care about what they are buying/getting versus the pop-buyers looking for quick satisfaction.

Let's say they are producing half of what they expected for this time period. Well, they are still putting it out there (as advertised on Apple : still no modification of availability Nov/Dec).

That exactly what I thought, lets assume they had to produce 400k computers, instead they manage to produce only 100k. Then why there is no pre order?
Why not get orders, start to deliver, put 4-5 weeks wait for each order and you are done.
Instead we are after the half of November and no clue.
My guess:
Pre order of the 21 will start in the end of novmber( the very last day) with waiting time of 4 weeks.
This will be in line with jan postpone plan.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Just picked up an iPad 4 at my local Apple store The sales person told me 27" iMac is looking like Jan. he wasn't 100% sure but said that's what they've been talking about in store. I sold my 27" iMac two weeks ago so it's going to be a long wait...

They read this forum too you know.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
I have no proof of this, but I feel like the French rumor came out of someone reading the Macrumors forum when users were posting they thought it might be delayed into 2013, which they took as fact and posted it, and now it's the serpent eating its tail with Macrumors users taking the French article as fact.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I have no proof of this, but I feel like the French rumor came out of someone reading the Macrumors forum when users were posting they thought it might be delayed into 2013, which they took as fact and posted it, and now it's the serpent eating its tail with Macrumors users taking the French article as fact.

I haven't seen anyone actually take the French article as fact.

People are just worried as if November ends tomorrow...

Holden1

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
My iMac was recalled for hard drive replacement 4 weeks ago. Upon collection I found the screen was faulty (backlight gone), this was replaced with a new screen, only to find that screen also had issues (dead pixels and flickering).
At the time the Apple store manager said they could not carry out any more repairs, and they would have to exchange it for the new model when it comes out. Great, I thought, a brand new iMac! Only a couple of weeks to wait until November.
However, the news that the new model may not be out until next year means that I will not have a computer for at least a couple more months.

Great job Apple! You recalled my iMac, destroyed it, and are now unable to replace it!

I hope these rumours are just that, rumours.

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
My iMac was recalled for hard drive replacement 4 weeks ago. Upon collection I found the screen was faulty (backlight gone), this was replaced with a new screen, only to find that screen also had issues (dead pixels and flickering).
At the time the Apple store manager said they could not carry out any more repairs, and they would have to exchange it for the new model when it comes out. Great, I thought, a brand new iMac! Only a couple of weeks to wait until November.
However, the news that the new model may not be out until next year means that I will not have a computer for at least a couple more months.

Great job Apple! You recalled my iMac, destroyed it, and are now unable to replace it!

Wow.

You're bitching because Apple is giving you a brand new iMac for your old one?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

You're pretty damn lucky to just be getting a new model like that.

What model is your old one? Because if it's 2009 or something, you're pretty damn lucky...quit your yapping. Seriously.

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Place as much credence in this post as you want. My neighbour is getting his brand new iMac from a large well known UK retailer and was rubbing his hands at the prospect of getting it before the end of November. However, he has received an email from the retailer today stating that unfortunately they cannot now guarantee getting him the iMac this side of Christmas.

To say he is not best pleased would be an understatement.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
You're pretty damn lucky to just be getting a new model like that.

What model is your old one? Because if it's 2009 or something, you're pretty damn lucky...quit your yapping. Seriously.

Yeah it would be great to get a brand new iMac to replace an old one, except that right now he has nothing until who knows when... if I took my mac in to get fixed and suddenly had to go without for possibly a couple months, I'd be mad considering it's required for my income!

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas

WHAT??? That is BS!!! SO now people with a 2011 or older model iMac, can no longer get repairs done? They have to wait for a new iMac that we dont even know if its coming as promised this month?? :eek:

FYI: Im still waiting until 11:59pm EST November 30, 2012 before I start bitching about Apple and missing the deadline, HA!:D

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003

I'd hate to be without my iMac for weeks/months, too, even if I'd been promised a new model. It's one thing for Apple to exchange an older, malfunctioning iMac for a new one on the spot; it's another for them to make you wait some indefinite amount of time for it.

But I find it hard to believe that Apple doesn't have replacement parts for older iMacs on hand somewhere. Are they really going to offer a new iMac to everyone who presents an older iMac with a bad screen or some other major component for repair? Also, as of one week ago, my local Apple store had older iMacs available for purchase.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

Did you ever consider that what the manager told you was his easiest solution? I'm pretty sure they still repair older models of their devices and replace with newer ones IF necessary. I don't know why he would tell you that, but I'm pretty sure there were other options he just did not discuss with you. I would call AppleCare and explain the situation with them and see what options they give you.

shiekh

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
I, like many, am wondering why a desktop needs to be thin? are we pushing Apple so hard that they need to be different for the sake of being different? thin devices are hard to cool. We lost the optical drive, and the price went up...

I'm hoping Apple eventually come out with a 17" retina iMac

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
I'm hoping Apple eventually come out with a 17" retina iMac

17"? Why 17", just because it might be easier and cheaper to produce? I haven't thought about or heard credible rumors about a 17" before; a 17" & 24" retina option might be interesting. I would take 24" retina over the non-retina 27". Is there a rumor from an industry/credible source about a 17" r iMac?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I think we´ll see the iMacs in november and december. Waiting until the lasts days of november only to tell they wont be out doesn't make much sense, it would just piss people off. Shortage? yes... Delayed? - I think not.

unknownx

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
You will be able to order the 21,5 before Nov 30th or on that day, However the delivery will be delayed around 4-6 weeks.. So Apple will keep their 'promise' and you will have your computer 2013.

MacDouble

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
You will be able to order the 21,5 before Nov 30th or on that day, However the delivery will be delayed around 4-6 weeks.. So Apple will keep their 'promise' and you will have your computer 2013.

Wow! Only three months after the announcement. Awesome!

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I think we´ll see the iMacs in november and december. Waiting until the lasts days of november only to tell they wont be out doesn't make much sense, it would just piss people off. Shortage? yes... Delayed? - I think not.

How about the itunes case? Where they waited to the last minute of the month to announce it will be at the end of novmber.

southweststokie

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Bristol, UK
Went into Cribbs Causeway, Bristol UK earlier, and yes, all the staff were toeing the line 'available in November' for 21". I couldn't get them offer any view or opinion that was different.

As a newcomer to Apple desktops (this will be my first), I'm more than a little ticked off with the arrogance of Apple. Their tactics have been to market spoil Windows 8, and keep the aspirational and other buyers on the hook. Stacks up as one of the reasons I've avoided Apple in the past, and treating customers like this, just isn't the right way to engender loyalty.

If they come up with a pre-order line at the end of November I'll .............probably just accept it, such is the draw of possessing such a beautiful machine.

SWS

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
How about the itunes case? Where they waited to the last minute of the month to announce it will be at the end of novmber.

If they delay the 21.5" iMac after November.... It will be a SHAME and all of us will laugh of apple for months... They could show a high level of incompetence.

By other side it will cause economic consequences and a big fall of stock shares

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.