Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
Apple's website has changed their status of upcoming macs to "Coming Soon" from "Coming November"

Well it is already November and the 21st is soon. I think people are reading too much into that.

I do hope it is soon though because my husband's Windows desktop is on its last legs.

Chrisxenofontos

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2011
Nicosia
Well it is already November and the 21st is soon. I think people are reading too much into that.

I do hope it is soon though because my husband's Windows desktop is on its last legs.

from first date, when you hit the imac website it say " coming soon " but when you hit the store it say " available in november "

nothing changed!!!!!

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
By the way, even if you take the the report at face value, there's a couple other ways to look at it:
- The initial launch won't be worldwide, and France will be one of the excluded countries
- Due to supply constraints the initial stock will only be available to Apple stores, not 3rd party suppliers.

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
If it is delayed then we can laugh at apple as they have advertised the release as November and December since it went up on the store. I think the report from the French retailer was just saying that they wouldn't get any stock for ages not apple.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
If it is delayed then we can laugh at apple as they have advertised the release as November and December since it went up on the store. I think the report from the French retailer was just saying that they wouldn't get any stock for ages not apple.

One thing is clear, Apple will set max priority to Apple Stores. Resellers will be the last ones

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas

You hit it right on TARGET!!! :cool:

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
So obtaining clear information on new iMac from Apple is beginning to look about as challenging as Arthur Dent trying to get information from his local planning department.

Please don't blame me if the next OS has the word leopard in it....

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
One thing is clear, Apple will set max priority to Apple Stores. Resellers will be the last ones

Apple's priorities in those situations is not highly regarded (at least IMO). I preordered an iPhone 5 and had to wait a week for it to arrive while other people walked into a store and bought one. I hope they give priority to folks who want a BTO top end 27". :D

Confusius

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
New York
So obtaining clear information on new iMac from Apple is beginning to look about as challenging as Arthur Dent trying to get information from his local planning department.

Don't Panic

(Also, do mind the leopard... the sign isn't just for show, you know.)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
from first date, when you hit the imac website it say " coming soon " but when you hit the store it say " available in november "

nothing changed!!!!!

Exactly. Apple would have changed the available in November/December if they couldn't meet these deadlines. I assum stock will be short and anyone going down the BTO route like me will undoubtedly be waiting until after Christmas.
Either way it's going to be soon. For those of us who have been waiting most of the year, I'm still pretty excited.
Finally for those saying wait for Haswell, forget it. It's not going to be 2012 iMac in November/December and 2013 one comes along in the first quarter!

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I'm seeing the future of the iMac forum..... 2-4 months of "Has Your iMac Shipped Yet?".

Followed by 2-4 months of "Delaminating screen test" or "Yellowing screen issue" or something along those lines :eek:

Hopefully this isn't the case!

Alfred.Woodden

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2007
Norway
Apple's priorities in those situations is not highly regarded (at least IMO). I preordered an iPhone 5 and had to wait a week for it to arrive while other people walked into a store and bought one. I hope they give priority to folks who want a BTO top end 27". :D

Boohoo... 1 week... I had to wait 5 weeks before I got mine.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
pretty much all over the internet everyone is talking about the french rumor yet no comment from Apple and store status the same, hope its on track

MeFromHere

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2012
pretty much all over the internet everyone is talking about the french rumor yet no comment from Apple and store status the same, hope its on track

I guess that says something about the value of information you get from "all over the internet".

----------

Apple HAS given clear information: New 21.5" iMac coming in November. New 27" iMac coming in December. Is there something hard to understand about that?

The unclear/unreliable/fabricated "information" from other sources doesn't make Apple's information less clear.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
Just picked up an iPad 4 at my local Apple store The sales person told me 27" iMac is looking like Jan. he wasn't 100% sure but said that's what they've been talking about in store. I sold my 27" iMac two weeks ago so it's going to be a long wait...

Killer Bob

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
from up north

info from Apple Canada :

on track for November availability (21")
no pre-orders, direct buy
not aware of other territory (ex : third party resellers from France... Macbidouille)

basically, mirroring the website info.
since they are told what to say... might be good news.

Last edited:

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
info from Apple Canada :

on track for November availability (21")
no pre-orders, direct buy
not aware of other territory (ex : third party resellers from France... Macbidouille)

basically, mirroring the website info.
since they are told what to say... might be good news.

Where did you get that? Store or site?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
chatted my way through with a rep, as stated, he was mirroring the info from the website : available for November, no pre-orders.

...for what it's worth...

Oh, that makes sense then.

Every time I've been on the live chat thing, they've just said what the website states, then I ask if they know a closer date and they say that all they know is what's on the website.

I bet Cook has a big vault with a coffee stained piece of toilet paper about the iMac availability. Like how KFC apparently keep their recipe in a vault...

Killer Bob

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
decided to post the info because the two reps I've contacted seemed quite positive about November. We might simply be looking at a real low availability, as mentioned by Cook.

As for Macbidouille, been visiting that site for a long time and third party resellers are struggling over there. Looks mostly like a frustrated reseller going through the Macbidouille channel as usual. Their forum is full of french-rant... and no validation of information. So yeah, blog hit strategy in the works for them this week.

Oh, that makes sense then.

Every time I've been on the live chat thing, they've just said what the website states, then I ask if they know a closer date and they say that all they know is what's on the website.

I bet Cook has a big vault with a coffee stained piece of toilet paper about the iMac availability. Like how KFC apparently keep their recipe in a vault...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.