Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Popular warehouse chain Sam's Club has started accepting pre-orders for Apple's iPad Pro on its website, and has listed a release date of Friday, November 13 for the device. Sam's Club began advertising the iPad Pro in emails sent out to members this morning.

Sam's Club is accepting pre-orders for the 32 and 128GB Wi-Fi iPad Pro models in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold, but it is not selling the 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model. Sam's Club is also selling the device at a slight discount, pricing the two models at $787 for 32GB and $937 for 128GB, compared to Apple's pricing of $799 and $949.

ipadprosamsclub.jpg

Previous rumors suggested the iPad Pro would launch on Wednesday, November 11, but Friday, November 13 perhaps makes more sense as November 11 is Veterans Day in the United States. Beyond Sam's Club, an iPad Pro accessory maker has also claimed that Chinese resellers will be receiving iPad Pros on November 11 ahead of a November 13 launch.

Earlier this week, Apple's Eddy Cue spoke at the Dropbox Open conference where he referenced the iPad Pro and said it would be "only a few more days" until the device would be available for purchase. It remains unclear if Apple will begin accepting pre-orders next week or if the iPad Pro will go on sale without a pre-order period.

Pricing on the iPad Pro starts at $799 for the 32GB Wi-Fi only version and goes up to $1,079 for a 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model. The Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard, its two accessories, are sold separately for $99 and $169, respectively.

Update: As of 2 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday, Sam's Club is sold out of iPad Pro pre-orders.

Update 2: MacMall is also accepting pre-orders for the iPad Pro, but the site says orders won't ship for nine days, which would have orders arriving after the prospective November 11 or November 13 launch date. The device is estimated to be in stock at MacMall on November 15.

Article Link: Sam's Club Begins Taking iPad Pro Pre-Orders, Citing November 13 Launch

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I KNOW I want it, and I know why!

- Split-screen multitasking similar to two full iPads.

- Giant videos, giant games, giant documents and web pages.

- Faster than my current iPad.

- Better speakers.

- Drawing.

- One more iPad means one more person I can game with at a time.

- Still have my old iPad if it turns out I want a small e-reader or something.

- It's not that big! The weight is a trade-off, yes, but size-wise, the case is only slightly larger than a sheet of 8/5x11" paper (and the screen area, at about 80 sq. in., is 14% smaller).*

* Compared to the normal full iPad screen which is LESS than 1/2 the area of a piece of paper. Really! Do the math: paper is 93.5 sq. in. and regular iPad is 45.2. (And an iPad Mini screen at 30 sq. in. is just less than 1/3 the area of a piece of paper.)

Small and light is great, but the option of "bigger" doesn't really need complex excuses to exist. It's bigger! Choose what's right for you and your budget.

Last edited:

noslenam

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Am I seeing it correctly that it's only for the wifi versions? Do we have to go to Apple for the Cellular version? I wouldn't be surprised but I am very surprised that Sam's club will be selling them at launch.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Why no confirmation from Apple? if pre-orders are starting Monday for pick-up & in-store sales on Friday 13th then why haven't they said anything yet. I hope the iPad Pro isn't going to be the same ****ing shambles the MB and Watch launches turned out to be.

Dydegu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
Man, the spacing between those apps in the product picture looks horrendous. What a waste of space. Here's to hoping iOS 10 fixes that.

Reactions: c0ppo

sharpie000

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2014
I KNOW I want it, and I know why!

- Split-screen multitasking similar to two full iPads.

- Giant videos, giant games, giant documents and web pages.

- Faster than my current iPad.

- Better speakers.

- Drawing.

- One more iPad means one more person I can game with at a time.

- Still have my old iPad if it turns out I want a small e-reader or something.

- It's not that big! The weight is a trade-off, yes, but size-wise, the case is only slightly larger than a sheet of 8/5x11" paper (and the screen area, at about 80 sq. in., is 14% smaller).*

* Compared to the normal full iPad screen which is LESS than 1/2 the area of a piece of paper. Really! Do the math: paper is 93.5 sq. in. and regular iPad is 45.2. (And an iPad Mini screen at 30 sq. in. is just less than 1/3 the area of a piece of paper.)

Small and light is great, but the option of "bigger" doesn't really need complex excuses to exist. It's bigger! Choose what's right for you and your budget.

I was on the fence about getting the iPad Pro; but you just convinced me. :D

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

dfgddikf

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2015
I just hope this device becomes a hit and apps which utilize it get developed. If that happens, the iPad Pro 2 will be mine.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
-_- Why hasn't Apple said anything?! I'm tempted to preorder through Sams Club but I wonder if it would be wise to wait for Apple to open orders.

ItsGavinC

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
iPad pro.. No 3D Touch. Over priced $100 stylus overpriced keyboard. No Mac OS support, still only iOS. What the hell does the "PRO" stand for? Does it mean intentionally half baked for PROfit?

Ha. Funny. You seem confused.

It's an iPad Pro. Therefore, it has the same form factor as an iPad. It also runs the same OS as an iPad. If it has OS X support it wouldn't be an iPad. You don't have to buy the pencil and you don't have to buy a keyboard.

What you want is a MacBook Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.