Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Watching Bloomberg, I thought we just won't have JCPenny anymore seeing how things are going.

JCPenney's biggest problem is probably perception more than anything else nowadays. Make of that what you wish!

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Went to a large Currys/PCWorld store at the weekend here in the UK and they had one of the 'Samsung Experience Stores' in there. It's very similar to what Apple has been doing with their own 'Apple areas' in these big electronics stores. The only difference being that Samsung seems to have their own staff on hand to answer any questions which Apple doesn't do.

I just wish Apple had a wider product range and more frequent new releases to keep me interested. I hardly ever go into an Apple Store these days as there's just nothing new to see. They don't even seem change the accessories all that often.

MikBe

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
Worst. Store. Ever.

I don't shop at Best Buy any more since my local Best Buy has the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life. Hell, they gave me a free $10 rewards certificate and I still won't go there.

It's a shame too since they're really trying to match Amazon pricing. The problem is their horrible customer service. It's so bad it makes In-Store-Pickup pointless. I dare you to buy something using In-Store-Pickup and have it take less time than if you just walked into the store and got the item yourself.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Why wouldn't people? Well, because Best Buy now requires ID for ALL returns, even if you have a receipt. They put that information (including Address and Phone number) in a database and that database has already been hacked several times and used for identity theft. The criminals are even able to cross reference credit card numbers and run up massive charges.

This policy is absolutely ridiculous. You buy an item for $10, pay cash, return it unopened and they need to see your id for a refund. That is enough to turn many people off to shopping there.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Do people actually still physically shop at Best Buy? :confused:

Shop yes, buy not so much. It's a great place to play with demos

----------

Now imagine a Best Buy in an actual mall.

Yo dawg...

Yo Samsung, I'm gonna let you finish but Apple has the best store in a store in a store . . .

It's InJayZtion

----------

Samsung has had in store shops for years in a lot of different countries. Even before the smartphone wars.

But did they have it before Apple was doing it at CompUSA?

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
The thing is who cares what Best Buy does, it will be gone in like five years. So who cares if they work with Samsung?

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
OMG I cant believe how some people are so blinded and closed minded. All you do is keep repeating crap like..oh now they are coping Apple...without Apple blah blah blah..your like robots. Even when someone throws out a valid point about how Samsung has already had this in other places..or that Sony has had this before Apple...you ignore the facts...

Facts have no place at MacRumors. It's the same reason why so many people here don't get why Apple's stock price has crashed horribly.

saha-med

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2012
Heck samsung can even erect a similar glass structure at fifth avenue, with an underground store and even then fanbois will be like 'NAH THEY AINT COPYING, thats competition!!!"

LaidBack

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2011
Maybe this is part of best buy's turnaround effort. Build a mini apple store, mini samsung store, mini sony store, mini acer store, etc.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Because Apple was the first company to essentially do an "exploded" kiosk store-ina-store idea before... :rolleyes:

Maybe this is part of best buy's turnaround effort. Build a mini apple store, mini samsung store, mini sony store, mini acer store, etc.

Have any of you ever shopped for clothing at Macy's or a similar higher end department store?

You have your
  • Levi's jeans store-within-a-store
  • Levi's Dockers store-within-a-store
  • Izod (Lacoste) store-within-a-store
  • Perry Ellis store-within-a-store
  • Nautica store-within-a-store
  • Arrow store-within-a-store
  • Alfani store-within-a-store
  • Calvin Klein store-within-a-store
  • Ralph Lauren store-within-a-store
  • North Face store-within-a-store
  • Tommy Hilfiger store-within-a-store
  • Armani store-within-a-store
  • DKNY store-within-a-store
  • Greg Norman store-within-a-store
  • Hugo Boss store-within-a-store
  • Kenneth Cole store-within-a-store
  • Tommy Bahama store-within-a-store

(And, of course, these are just the SWIAS in the men's clothing department....)

The idea's been around for a century....

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Visited my local BB today. Surprised they're putting Samsung and Apple so close together.

Photo%20Apr%2007%2C%202%2039%2046%20PM.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.