Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Guys, you're all getting very very upset at Samsung for suing Apple for holding a genuine patent for an actual technology.

Yet, when Apple sued Samsung you were all very supportive of Apple, saying that Samsung should have designed a triangular phone or something because anything shaped like a flat rectangle = Apple.

All I have to say is this:

Notification-ios-vs-android.jpg

Windows+Phone+Head+Flattered+by+Apple%25E2%2580%2599s+IOS+Similarities+to+WP+7+Improved+Notification.jpg

Don't even pretend for a second that you're being fair to both companies. You know where your allegiances lie, and that's perfectly fine. Just stop trying to spread your crap about suing the innovator and omg Samsung copied Apple's 'sell products in box' design etc etc.

Sure, downrank me to death. Just understand that Apple copies other companies, yet you don't post hate threads and posts about it, just praise for Apple. You'll tell me that the notification center is different from Android's pulldown bar in a million ways, but neglect to think about how the design of the Galaxy S is completely different in many ways as well before posting "omg samsung is a copycat".

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would add that France and Italy deserve to be punished by having no iPhone.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
How arrogant, do you realise how big Samsung are? Besides as all the analysis concurred in the todays Guardian article, they now have the better phone too

----------

It's not crap! it's just 4 months behind on the day it came out

True to a degree. I mean 8mp camera and 1080P video is old stuff. But Siri was jaw dropping, and iOS 5 is a stunner (of course it is for the other iOS devices too)

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
Q2 2011
Samsung:
Revenue: $33.21 billion
Net income: $2.96 billion

Apple:
Revenue: $24.67 billion
Net income: $5.99 billion

Apple has less revenue but double the income. Who would you rather be.

The one who invested their money into making new stuff, instead of banking it.... apple is packaging stuff invented by others, once they fail at that, they are nothing.

Leaping Tortois

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Q2 2011
Samsung:
Samsung stop reporting tablet & smartphone sales figures.

Apple:
Apple quite happy to share unit SALES.

All this proves is apple puts a large margin on their products.

ade2bee

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2009
Q2 2011
Samsung:
Samsung stop reporting tablet & smartphone sales figures.

Apple:
Apple quite happy to share unit SALES.

Samsung now they have the better phone... iPhone 4S 4months behind the day it came out... Accepted like a dead jelly-fish

Fanboy4ever

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
Fandroids on the offense

Looking at this from another perspective I am thinking that the pressure is undoubtedly on in the Smartphone business and increasingly fueled by busy marketing efforts to get a leg up on the competition. It seems to me lately the Fandroids are aggressively taking the lead in finding more ways to 'attack' Apple's iPhone. And of course, there is always the usual Apple haters who can find more venomous crap.

Unfortunately, the Analysts' on Wall Street are giving them a boost with their nonsense as well - shorting Apple's stocks. Gee, Apple didn't come out with a larger screen or slimmer phone ... never mind what's inside that counts.

Check out Jonny Evans, Computerworld aricle, http://blogs.computerworld.com/1904...ng_wrong?source=CTWNLE_nlt_dailyam_2011-10-05

Also, if check out what Walt Mossberg has to say about the iPhone4S. Usually, Walt does a good review of ALL new tech stuff that comes out ...

Then, If I was a legal troll, I certainly would not want Samsung and Apple to end their legal warfare anytime soon.

voonyx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
Oh, I'm sorry, when was the last time apple made a different type of screen that could do this? Oh, right.....

Yes because the horrific outcry from iPhone users about a non curved phone has reached epic proportions. The utterly devastating slide in sales that Apple is experiencing is unheard of. :rolleyes:

No one cares about a friggin curved screen...

speedylomeli

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
South Lake Tahoe, CA
I agree!

I love apple products, but I think that this is the first time in a long time that Apple is starting to disappoint. I don't know what it is, maybe they thought that no one would rival them. Competition is always good.

Samsung now they have the better phone... iPhone 4S 4months behind the day it came out... Accepted like a dead jelly-fish

MacGeek50

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Arizona
That's low Samsung. This back and forth lawsuits are childish and need to quit. everyone just be original. Oh WAIT! That's in an opposite world :/

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland

Just like the incremental iPhone 3GS it will flounder and die...oh, hold on a tick. The 3GS is the 2nd best selling smartphone only pipped to the post by... the iPhone 4.

voonyx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
Unrivaled? Unlikely. I'd say well presented.

It amazes me to this day that ppl can actually argue that 100M+ iPhones have sold since its launch because Apple just knows how to market well and no other reason. Its a great phone, get over it. People buy it because its great, and because it works better then every other phone.

To some people of course, that means Apple has somehow managed to brainwash multi-millions of smartphone users into using an outdated, crappy phone because some dude is dancing around in a white room to a catchy beat.

The foolishness of Apple haters never ceases to amaze me.

CWT1965

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
Apple should pressure Obama to apply trade sanctions on South Korea, why should they treat an American company with such disrespect ?

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
How does "their loss" imply bankruptcy? :rolleyes:

Maybe not, but who's loss is it really. Well, both but surely bigger for Apple. Samsung delivering components to Apple is only a very small part of their business while Apple would shurely hurt bad when they can't meet the demand because they couldn't get enough parts for their products without Samsung

Yet people still buy them due to the unrivaled quality of Apple products.

The number one reason people buy Apple products is because it's cool to own an Apple product. The medias free advertising and hype of Apple products has had a domino effect. People started buying Apple because it was cool, more people saw this and wanted to be cool aswell and all this snow balled.
Unrivaled quality, only your subjective opinion. I've supported Apple products and other tech products and Apple's break just as often as the rest.

It amazes me to this day that ppl can actually argue that 100M+ iPhones have sold since its launch because Apple just knows how to market well and no other reason. Its a great phone, get over it. People buy it because its great, and because it works better then every other phone.

To some people of course, that means Apple has somehow managed to brainwash multi-millions of smartphone users into using an outdated, crappy phone because some dude is dancing around in a white room to a catchy beat.

The foolishness of Apple haters never ceases to amaze me.

Sure, it's great, but it's not the only great phone. In what way does it work better than every other phone? Many people prefer other phones

Apple should pressure Obama to apply trade sanctions on South Korea, why should they treat an American company with such disrespect ?

lol so Apple deserves respect simply because they're an american company?

Last edited:

eddieaus

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
That's low Samsung. This back and forth lawsuits are childish and need to quit. everyone just be original. Oh WAIT! That's in an opposite world :/

how can you tell samsung to be original when this word doesn't exist in its seoul, oops, i mean soul.:rolleyes:

Leaping Tortois

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Just like the incremental iPhone 3GS it will flounder and die...oh, hold on a tick. The 3GS is the 2nd best selling smartphone only pipped to the post by... the iPhone 4.

The problem being, though, that samsung is gaining momentum with its phones. They're good. My GS2 is a really good phone and I'm loving it. Apple really needed to release the iPhone 4s at the same time to undershadow the GS2, but they didn't. Now they've released the phone incredibly late (4 months in tech is a long time) and it's nothing special. I mean, Siri could be good, but that's a time will tell thing, not a 'wow I must have it' thing. I would not be surprised if the Galaxy HD (or nexus prime) take some decent market share from iPhone after this.

Daws001

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
The States
I could only imagine if Samsung succeeded in banning the iPhone 4S. Pandemonium! Rioting. Looting and destruction of Samsung stores. Good times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.