Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holydude

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2013
Ok but they do need a concentrated pressure to do it.
I am waiting for an ass test :p

TechRemarker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
All of the sudden Android people will say well that's not a realistic conditions just like Apple users did last year.

Which is true these bend tests are silly and don't show how the phones were be damaged on real normal use. But hopefully with this latest news some Android users won't be so quick to judge other devices.

I'm glad it is bendable since now hopefully Samsung is focusing on more important parts of the phone than silly things like a user replaceable battery and bend proofing.

So far I've heard the new phone is beautiful and other than a lot of software issues the hardware is a major step forward which is wonderful.

jpmcnown

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
Hmm, so there is a known weak point on the iPhone 6 Plus that resulted in the bend-gate fiasco....so lets run bend tests that don't focus on that point of failure....seems legit.

orioncrystalice

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2014
But they didn't copy iPhone well enough - the screen of the Galaxy will shatter, as mentioned. iPhone just absorbed the #bend. :apple::D

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
End the thinness madness! Stronger, thicker, more battery life.

That'll do. :eek:

Please dont!

The thinnes makes the phone more appealing and beautiful so you use it and enjoy it more. The battery life problem should be resolved by using new technologies to improve capacity and software and hardware optimization all together. This is the challenge. The other way around is just compromising and I dont want Apple to do that.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Big Whup

You can have any Samsung phones.

Apple's iPhones, at the end of the day, still blow Samsung's away when it comes to most all features & size. I don't need monster size or being able to bend it like a soft taco. :D

Master Hand

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2015
I'm a huge Samsung fan but I never was one to criticize the iPhone for the bending problem. This is just one of the inevitable consequences of having an aluminum design. In most cases the phone is fine and will never be subjected to high enough pressure required to cause the metal to actually bend.

Of course it isn't always just android fanboys who try and rile up controversy. Apple users are just as guilty with all their "#gapgate" and "lagdroid" comments seen all over the internet.

Obviously there are some clear similarities between the galaxy s6 and iPhone 6, but that is hardly unusual in the phone industry. iPhone 6 took quite a bit of inspiration from HTC one m7's design for example. I wouldn't go as far to call the s6 design a shameless copy because there are some unique design elements such as the glass back, typical Samsung front, and chamfered edges on the left and right side of the phone.

It's a shame we all can't just be satisfied with the phone we enjoy. iOS and android are both great OSes with their respective pros and cons and I'm sure there is something in android you would like to see on the iPhone, and vice versa.

I don't think there will be a huge scandal over the galaxy s6 bending like there was with iPhone 6 because that topic has already been exhausted on the media.

Sorry for such a long post and thanks for reading it. Just remember to always keep an open mind and stay away from the evils of fanboyism. I make it a goal for myself to try out new iPhones every once and a while to see what I am missing. :)

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
This will absolutely not get the attention that the iP6(+) "bending" got last year because Samsung just does not sell in the same numbers, have the same high profile, nor the stock manipulation value that Apple has.

And of course, it's more of an "issue" to those geeks like us who spend time on tech sites in support of our favorite brands, or in the case of Android users, attacking those who support the competition.

I'd be curious to know how the numbers play out - like how many Android users prowl Apple-related sites to spread their hatred and anger, vs Apple users who go to Android related sites to do the same thing? I have an idea that it skews very heavily one way and wonder what they tells us about the rivalry and type of people who are Android fans?

jpmcnown

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
You can have any Samsung phones.

Apple's iPhones, at the end of the day, still blow Samsung's away when it comes to most all features & size. I don't need monster size or being able to bend it like a soft taco. :D

When you say "features", you're referring to the Apple definition of the word, correct? Aka "defects"

jmpmntwnty3

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
South Carolina
# # # # # #

That what SamSUCKs gets! Also, the media coverage will be nowhere near on the level of iPhone 6 "Bendgate" because no one really cares about Samsung phones like how they do iPhones.

Ah, well!

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
It's an ugly combination of the 4S and 6. Just look at those antenna lines and glass back.

Nah, looks nothing like the 4s or the 6. It certainly looks less like the ip6 than the ip6 looks like the HTC M line of phones.

mateytate

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2014
These tests are just stupid IMO, I'm a heavy user (in the offshore industry climbing on and off boats) and my iPhone 6 Plus is in perfect condition with only a standard Apple case - you know why? Because I treat it with a little respect as it cost nearly $1000 and I don't apply over a 100lbs of force to a small area in the middle and look after it.

Yes, all smartphones will break, and I understand some will have accidents as these are thin devices and they only have a finite amount of strength. How about you look after your stuff you pay a lot for and don't subject it to all that abuse, that goes whether you have an iPhone, Samsung or HTC.

Like >99% of phone users out there, this should never be a problem.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I actually have to say I'm rather impressed considering the absolute minimal amount of available structure in that phone. The front and back are glass and the front portion wraps around the sides a good bit. So for it to withstand what it did that's not honestly a fail to me. I may get one to compare next to my iP 6

RedTurd

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2015
Samsung fanboys be like:
That+s+a+diabolically+genius+plan+_664bcbecefb103dfc10a76b784d43563.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.