Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
I meant the LOOK of the iOs on these devices. They copy apple down to the icons, colors and style. Apples software/hardware integration is bar none untoichable. I was talking about the look. I've been an Apple head since before it was cool, so i never really paid attention to pcs or the competition. But i picked up a Samsung tablet the other day at best buy and was shocked at how much they copied Apple. The look of the icons and apps is a blatant attempt to ride Apple's coat tails. They are so afraid to break off on their own and have confidence in their own designs that they merely copy Apple.

But heres the thing....they are copying what Apple has already done. Soon as they do, Apple is about to release the next leap in their design. The competition will never catch up. Just like they never caught up in the mp3 market.

Look of apps? Of a Honeycomb tablet? Sure.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Quite frankly, MR never did seem like a good fit for you.

*LTD* is right.

If you want quality articles with quality comments by quality people, go somewhere else. MacRumors is the lowest common denominator. As in written by crazy Apple fans for crazy Apple fans.

Most people here only care about their Apple news fix. They don't care about the quality of said news. Any old stuff will do. And the people here seem to like it.

acozilla

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2011

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Is this the MacRumors method of culling annoying forum members? Put some news up that will cause yet another Samsung vs Apple argument, and in the process take out a few people who get into a heated argument.

LaDirection

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2006
Sure, as long as they have no idea, no imagination and no originality, may might as well steal the whole package.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
This ad isn't really news. It's just another addition to a long string of Apple-copying that Samsung has been doing for months now.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/09/29/apple-samsung-copycat-2/

I certainly do hope Apple pursues them to the fullest legal extent - delays them, harasses them, and uses every possible weapon within the legal limits of the game to make life as difficult as possible for them. This is what you do with thieves.

You've just proven to the world that you have zero credibility. The first photo in the image you posted is from a CES display booth, where the whole wall (I.E every_single_booth) had app icons on it.

Think for just a second....Samsung dont have shops...never have done. Do a Google Images search for 'samsung shop' and you'll see that electronics retailers will put logos from the companies they sell products for all over the shop...its very common.

----------

I just noticed all the thumbs down on this video.

Taking bets on how long till rating and comments are disabled.

MR dont tend to disable either...

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Is this the MacRumors method of culling annoying forum members? Put some news up that will cause yet another Samsung vs Apple argument, and in the process take out a few people who get into a heated argument.

No. Mac Rumors is just calling it like it is. I think everyone recognizes a limit in terms of how flexible we're going to be in remaining impartial, even when the evidence so audaciously points to wrongdoing.

A lot of people have reached their limit already. It took something like this for MR management to say "Wait, what?? Am I really seeing this??" At some point you'll have to call a spade a spade in order to preserve integrity.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
You've just proven to the world that you have zero credibility. The first photo in the image you posted is from a CES display booth, where the whole wall (I.E every_single_booth) had app icons on it.

Think for just a second....Samsung dont have shops...never have done. Do a Google Images search for 'samsung shop' and you'll see that electronics retailers will put logos from the companies they sell products for all over the shop...its very common.

No, the first picture is from a Euronics store, an Italian store where iPhone and iPad are sold so the icons

The Samsung booth is an official Samsung store inside the Euronics store but has nothing to do with the icons

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
true, sad, pathetic

It's true, Apple (or anyone else) doesn't have an exclusive claim to that style of advertising. But, it's glaringly obvious that Samsung is copying Apple's designs and approach at every turn.

Samsung should be ashamed of themselves. It's more than pathetic, it's disgusting. They've lost all integrity whatsoever in my view, and what it has cost them is far greater than what they'll see in Galaxy Tab sales -

I've ceased purchasing all/any Samsung branded products, and it's not just 1 or 2 items - I'm an IT admin and I've ceased purchases of Samsung products at my company too, which was up to dozen products per month. I've switched us to HP products instead.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
You've just proven to the world that you have zero credibility.

My credibility is irrelevant. The photos, plus this new piece of evidence (the ad) is what is under discussion: Samsung's credibility and corporate integrity. As in, they have none.

If they are so shamelessly capable of this, one can only wonder what they'll do next.

Matariel

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2009
In other news, Volkswagen sues Ford, GM, Toyota, Hyundai, and Suzuki for making advertising featuring people driving cars.

Seriously, this is the dumbest "news" post I've seen on here in a long while.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.1; en-gb; Galaxy Nexus Build/ITL41F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Consultant said:
Samsung could have gone the Droid commercial path but they choose to emulate Apple's style.

I love it here.

Lazers, explosions, spacecraft, masculine themed ads - Catering to the insecure afraid of any femininity.

RAM, Gigahurtz, Megapixel filled ads - Specs don't matter, won't sell.

Softer, emotional driven advertising - OMG they copy Apple!

How do people want Apple competitors to advertise their wares? No matter what is done, (some) people aren't satisfied here.

acozilla

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2011
You know... this just fuels the stereotype that most things in Asia are cheap knock offs.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.1; en-gb; Galaxy Nexus Build/ITL41F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I love it here.

Lazers, explosions, spacecraft, masculine themed ads - Catering to the insecure afraid of any femininity.

RAM, Gigahurtz, Megapixel filled ads - Specs don't matter, won't sell.

Softer, emotional driven advertising - OMG they copy Apple!

How do people want Apple competitors to advertise their wares? No matter what is done, (some) people aren't satisfied here.

It isn't just coincidental. It's this ad, following everything else they've done for months now.

Read in context, this is just more copying by Samsung. It isn't an innocent, unintended similarity by some other company. It's part of a concerted effort by Samsung to follow Apple as closely as possible, without regard for the consequences.

FakeWozniak

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
Samsung did this just to get under their skin in retaliation for all the Patent bullying

I said it before, I'll say it again.

Most viewers in the US market would see this commercial and think it was just another Apple advertisement and tune out. Well, except for the Korean language :) I would assume they would use American English if it aired here.

Samsung might be saying F U to Apple, but in the end, they may be helping Apple more. Admit it, most of us see commercials so much, we can peg the product in a few seconds and then tune out.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Just like that recent headphone adapter, which looks and feels like a PS3 dualshock controller :).

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Arn, I say post whatever you want as it seems to be working pretty good for you so far.

Regarding the iPad...or I mean samsung ad, it is a rip off of Apple. Not that I care, but I don't see anyone else copying the "style" used by Apple for tablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.