Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I just can't realize how the forum members who knows about this just leaves when people need their help .

Iam surprised Applejuiced just mock me for not knowing which ipsw I'm supposed to use when he clearly specifies U.S carriers.

You are acting like baby.

If you had spent the last couple of weeks reading up and learning instead of being a NAY-sayer you would have it all together now.

The word THANKS wouldn't be out of place…...

wakibaci

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for all the info provided here Applejuiced :)
My first time doing this and all went without any probs.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
You are acting like baby.

If you had spent the last couple of weeks reading up and learning instead of being a NAY-sayer you would have it all together now.

The word THANKS wouldn't be out of place…...
I'm grateful of your help , I haven't said anything else. And I'm helping newbies with stuff too.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London

----------

Right side Download Links

Thanks....found it...also my iPhone is now 6.1 but I'm reading about people then restoring their phones...restoring from back-ups or restoring as new?...why are they restoring when their phone is up to date?....(sorry feel stoopid to ask!)

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
why are they restoring when their phone is up to date?....(sorry feel stoopid to ask!)
It's recommended to do a restore through iTunes than OTA. So chances are people who did OTA are trying to re-restore via iTunes so they can save their blobs.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
make sure your info to newbies is correct...

----------

Right side Download Links

It isn't really that hard that you guys are trying to make it. Well it's hard but, I'm just saying. By the way, don't mock me, thank you. I respect you and I see you would do the same for me.
We are all part of the community, right?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
It isn't really that hard that you guys are trying to make it. Well it's hard but, I'm just saying. By the way, don't mock me, thank you. I respect you and I see you would do the same for me.
We are all part of the community, right?

If you have some faith in the regulars, they'll treat you with respect.

Regarding the correct info, if incorrect info is given it might mean somebody might miss out on the JB or gets stuck.

It takes double the effort to get it fixed again.

LunaPhone

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Hello all,

I am very new to iPhone world so I would like to get some clarifications!
I have an iPHone 4 with iOS 6.0.1/6.0.2 (I do not recall the iOS version, because I gave it to a friend of mine to save my SHSH blobs).

My thought is that should I save the SHSH blobs of my current iOS version or save the ones from the 6.1 (is it public yet?).

I used the following steps to save my SHSH blobs from here (a forum from a company that unlocked my iPhone) but I had some problems during the process.

Is the above tutorial correct or it is my fault that I failed to save my SHSH blobs?:confused:

Thank you all!

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You have 6.01
6.02 is for IP5 and iPad mini only

6.1 is out

Download latest redsn0w 09.15b3

Download 6.1 IPSW for the IP4 (iphone 3.1…..)

Connect phone
Go to redsn0w Extrs/SHSH blobs/New

Select 6.1 IPSW and say YES to submit

download newest TU 6.1.02a and hit save SHSH on main screen

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I just updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1 and downloaded and supposedly saved my SHSH via tinyumbrella.

Is this all I have to do in case I have to invoke tinyumbrella again to restore to 6.1 after jailbreaking? I find the documentation on these procedures...confusing.
:confused:

Thanks!

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
You have 6.01
6.02 is for IP5 and iPad mini only

6.1 is out

Download latest redsn0w 09.15b3

Download 6.1 IPSW for the IP4 (iphone 3.1…..)

Connect phone
Go to redsn0w Extrs/SHSH blobs/New

Select 6.1 IPSW and say YES to submit

download newest TU 6.1.02a and hit save SHSH on main screen

I followed your directions exactly and everything worked for my 4S (on 6.1). When I got to my iPad mini (on 6.1) redsnow when I clicked yes to submit to cydia, it says rejected by Cydia's servers.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I just updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1 and downloaded and supposedly saved my SHSH via tinyumbrella.

Is this all I have to do in case I have to invoke tinyumbrella again to restore to 6.1 after jailbreaking? I find the documentation on these procedures...confusing.
:confused:

Thanks!

As long as tinyumbrella said your 6.1 hash was SAVED (you can find the file on your computer) then you are good to go :cool:

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
As long as tinyumbrella said your 6.1 hash was SAVED (you can find the file on your computer) then you are good to go :cool:

Thanks...what would the file name look like and where would I look for it on my imac?

UPDATE: Found it...hidden file.

Last edited:

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
This might be a dumb question but if I saved shsh blobs for my phone on my computer, can I also save my girlfriend's blobs on the same computer? I'm on AT&T and she's with Verizon so I know that I would have to download the appropriate 6.1 ipsw for her phone. I just want to make sure that I'm not going to screw anything up by doing this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.