Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I just can't realize how the forum members who knows about this just leaves when people need their help .

Iam surprised Applejuiced just mock me for not knowing which ipsw I'm supposed to use when he clearly specifies U.S carriers.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Here's what the message looks like when you are done saving your SHSH blob using Redsn0w 0.9.15b3...

I dont know what the numbers represents but I deleted some of them for my privacy purpose in case someone else wants to use mine.

It means your blobs were submitted to Cydia's service.

I would save them locally to your computer to be sure.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I just can't realize how the forum members who knows about this just leaves when people need their help .

Iam surprised Applejuiced just mock me for not knowing which ipsw I'm supposed to use when he clearly specifies U.S carriers.

I do not think AppleJuice is mocking. If u look at his original post, he clearly gave us a step by step process on what we need to do. Its very simple if you follow it.

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
I think there should be stickies, well organized and easily found for this kind of stuff. Would save a lot of time. The thing is sometimes is a real pain to read over all posts of all threads. Also, often it's lacking information.

Give this a thought?

pollybrowne

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2009
6.1 blobs saved on TU. TY Applejuiced. :)

Sorry to sound like such a noob but is Tiny Umbrella a program you download to your PC? Because I went to the site and couldn't find any links or exe DLs..., I feel really lost.

Is it possible to save your blobs after you've restored to 6.1?

Darkhrse99

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
New Mexico
Sorry to sound like such a noob but is Tiny Umbrella a program you download to your PC? Because I went to the site and couldn't find any links or exe DLs..., I feel really lost.

Is it possible to save your blobs after you've restored to 6.1?
Google- tinyumbrella download, click on the link download it, install it, plug your phone into the computer and press Save ssh and that should be all you need to do. I just did it 10 mins ago. I tried redsnow, but it kept rejecting me on my 4S.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
Thanks applejuiced for the heads up, was at work all day and now that I am home I can get everything done :)

and I see the flood of n00bs is already upon us....sigh

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Thanks applejuiced for the heads up, was at work all day and now that I am home I can get everything done :)

and I see the flood of n00bs is already upon us....sigh
Just wait until the actual jailbreak comes out.

The Dev-blog is worse when jailbreak nears release.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

agree, I don't know how dhlizard handles/likes it.

Nice thread AJ, you can also add that tinyumbrella can save up to 6.1 with it's latest update.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009

Shhh we wont talk about that yet *shudders*

Now to back up any app data and settings that I need and get ready for this weekend :)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Exactly bros, I dont know how dhlizard handles all the thousands of newbs asking the same question without reading anything and not able to figure anything out. He has a lot more patience than me that's for sure. God bless:D

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Quick question.....

I have saved my shsh's via RedSn0w. When I go to verify the shsh, I am able to see and select the .shsh file in the finder window and then verify they are indeed saved on Cydia. However, when I try to go find the .shsh file on my hard drive, outside of RedSn0w, it is nowhere to be found.

It should be located under Library>Application Support>RedSn0w>SHSH. When I go to the Application Support folder, there is not a subfolder for RedSn0w. Im confused. I just want to make sure my shsh file is saved on my computer as well as Cydia.

Sorry, Im new to jailbreaking and just trying to figure this all out. Thanks

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Help!

I'm in grad school and cannot update my iPad to 6.1 yet. I don't have enough time and my iPad is my main computing device.

How do I save 6.1 blobs while still on 6.0? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance! :)

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Help!

I'm in grad school and cannot update my iPad to 6.1 yet. I don't have enough time and my iPad is my main computing device.

How do I save 6.1 blobs while still on 6.0? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes - read the 1st post - if you still have questions ask away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.