Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardMoran10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
morning,

On Saturday night I scratched my iPhone 7 Plus camera lens. The scratches are deep enough to where if I need to take a picture, the picture has the scratch lines on the image. Has this happened to anyone yet? What is the procedure like to get this fixed via Apple? Can it be done in 1 day like a cracked screen?

I have a jet black model, considering the limited availability, how do you think they will handle my case?

I'm on the iPhone Upgrade Program and have AppleCare Plus

Thank you for your input

RichardMoran10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Any pics (taken with the phone) showing the scratch lines on the images?
Sure thing. I will post one in a minute.
[doublepost=1477319583][/doublepost]
How did you get it scratched? just to be aware and be careful
the phone just fell out of my hands and it landed on the back. :( be careful guys. First time I've had any extreme physical damage to an iPhone.
[doublepost=1477319631][/doublepost]
They will replace the phone

Definitely not on the same day though right? Considering Jet Black iPhone availability.
[doublepost=1477319837][/doublepost]Here's a picture. The scratch lines are clearly visible. (I had to crop the image because I was getting an error message on the forum trying to upload the full pic. But you can still easily tell the scratches on the bottom left hand corner, so just picture the lines across the image reaching the upper right hand corner)

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    740.9 KB · Views: 2,030

RichardMoran10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Looks more like it's scattered from the fall and not scratched.
I would agree with you. The crazy thing is that the lens isn't shattered. I'm visible light you can't even tell the lens shattered, you can only tell if you activate the camera.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
morning,

On Saturday night I scratched my iPhone 7 Plus camera lens. The scratches are deep enough to where if I need to take a picture, the picture has the scratch lines on the image. Has this happened to anyone yet? What is the procedure like to get this fixed via Apple? Can it be done in 1 day like a cracked screen?

I have a jet black model, considering the limited availability, how do you think they will handle my case?

I'm on the iPhone Upgrade Program and have AppleCare Plus

Thank you for your input

They should just replace your iPhone. At least you have Apple Care. Like you said, Jet Black is still limited in some areas.

RichardMoran10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Have you tried?

They usually keep a few phones available for quick replacements.

Not yet. I have an appointment at my local Apple Store for this Saturday. I just don't want to be without a phone as my job requires me to have my phone on me at all times.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Wow awesome!

The guy had extended warranty (Apple Care plus). Apple replacing it with no questions asked is what is expected. "Wow awesome" would be if he could walk in to the Apple store anytime to get a problem like this fixed vs making an appointment one week later to get it looked at.

RichardMoran10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
The guy had extended warranty (Apple Care plus). Apple replacing it with no questions asked is what is expected. "Wow awesome" would be if he could walk in to the Apple store anytime to get a problem like this fixed vs making an appointment one week later to get it looked at.

I have had apple replace products for me for free. I had a 2011 15-inch MacBook Pro that I brought in for maintenance 3 times in a 90 day timespan that they couldn't fix and they ended up keeping the 2011 MacBook Pro and they gave me a 15-inch 2015 MacBook Pro and a $150 Tech21 case all for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.