Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Sorry but I would not ever entertain the notion of buying a aluminum bumper case with plastic corners for $150.00 and up regardless of how good it looks!:rolleyes:

well since ALL android phones are made out of the same kind of plastic, I guess your opinion isn't in the general consensus whatsoever. But im sure you already know that! :p

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010

Correction @$#% Plastic

Yes I know that. To my knowledge it is a very strong, durable, impact resistant plastic. Element case did not skimp here (maybe knockoffs did). Motorcycle helmets are polycarbonate.

Look at the comparison to other plastics in this article.

http://www.ptsllc.com/intro/polycarb_intro.aspx

Element needed s strong link that is radio transparent. This was an excellent choice.

whatever you say bud
the plastic isnt terrible but clearly its not anything special. this is not a case designed for protection. If you drop your phone even from pocket height I would not expect the case or its "polycarbonate" corners to survive.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
well since ALL android phones are made out of the same kind of plastic, I guess your opinion isn't in the general consensus whatsoever. But im sure you already know that! :p

The point was that for spending a $199.00 on a Black Ops Case I would like to think that plastic should not be an acceptable part of the integral build and construction.

You would think so wouldn't you?

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010

The point was that for spending a $199.00 on a Black Ops Case I would like to think that plastic should not be an acceptable part of the integral build and construction.

not to mention
although made out of plastic...
ughh i'm pretty sure you can buy a Complete android phone for $199
lol

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Correction @$#% Plastic

whatever you say bud
the plastic isnt terrible but clearly its not anything special. this is not a case designed for protection. If you drop your phone even from pocket height I would not expect the case or its "polycarbonate" corners to survive.

wow talk about assumptions.
do you think they just fall apart or explode or something? lol

ive dropped my sector 5 plenty of times, and the corners take the brunt force 75% of the time. mines still are fantastically in tact, and with little scratches.

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
wow talk about assumptions.
do you think they just fall apart or explode or something? lol

ive dropped my sector 5 plenty of times, and the corners take the brunt force 75% of the time. mines still are fantastically in tact, and with little scratches.

yeah now that I think about it every time my sector 5 hits the ground a starving child is teleported a happy meal

agree to disagree

I just want better build quality for a case $100 and above
hopefully element keeps improving upon their materials and design

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
yeah now that I think about it every time my sector 5 hits the ground a starving child is teleported a happy meal

agree to disagree

I just want better build quality for a case $100 and above
hopefully element keeps improving upon their materials and design

im not arguing with you, so theres nothing to agree to disagree about. im just saying that the plastic corners can "survive" a drop easily and all the time

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Correction @$#% Plastic

whatever you say bud

Does this mean you don't like the case?????

I get a case to protect against incidental nicks and bangs. I don't drop my phone or throw it. If that happens I'm pretty sure the case will work well enough without making the phone look like a flat hand grenade. I like the design about as much as the phone in appearance. I obviously am willing to pay for the design talent that conceived it.

Was the term "bud" meant to be berating? It felt like it.

----------

What material would you use that doesn't block the signal?

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Does this mean you don't like the case?????

I get a case to protect against incidental nicks and bangs. I don't drop my phone or throw it. If that happens I'm pretty sure the case will work well enough without making the phone look like a flat hand grenade. I like the design about as much as the phone in appearance. I obviously am willing to pay for the design talent that conceived it.

Was the term "bud" meant to be berating? It felt like it.

----------

What material would you use that doesn't block the signal?

How about a KEVLAR Composite?

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Sounds like it could deflect bullets. I'm definitely up for that. If I'm threatened I could just hold up my phone.

Yes, that too! Seriously though, for the cost and the quality this case is supposed to taught a Kevlar Composite would be in order and provide the strength needed and prevent the reception issue. That is unless you think that $200.00 for 11oz of aluminum and some cheap plastic corners are adequate on a case that you just spent that kind of money on:confused:

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Yes, that too! Seriously though, for the cost and the quality this case is supposed to taught a Kevlar Composite would be in order and provide the strength needed and prevent the reception issue. That is unless you think that $200.00 for 11oz of aluminum and some cheap plastic corners are adequate on a case that you just spent that kind of money on:confused:

I agree the price is to high by far. The materials aren't the only thing you pay for. Design and creativity have value. a thousand dollar painting is made of wood and canvass and an ounce of paint. You will probably say that the design isn't worth anywhere near two hundred and I would agree, but I have a little extra money and It pleases me to have this case. There are obviously others who feel the same.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I agree the price is to high by far. The materials aren't the only thing you pay for. Design and creativity have value. a thousand dollar painting is made of wood and canvass and an ounce of paint. You will probably say that the design isn't worth anywhere near two hundred and I would agree, but I have a little extra money and It pleases me to have this case. There are obviously others who feel the same.

Well you obviously have not looked back at my original post where I made direct reference to my intimate understanding of CNC Machinery due to the fact that I was a wood worker for almost 18 years and 1 out of maybe a couple of hundred in the entire country that specialized in hand reproduced 18th & 19th Century Period Furniture. So believe me when I tell you, I do understand the work involved and I definitely know about precision and high quality workmanship and the amount of time that it takes to produce such.

As a matter of fact, here is the very post I am referring too. Think I don't know about quality? Take a look at my work that is accurate within 0.005. of an inch which I might ad was done exclusively by hand with the tools that you see in my hanging Tool Cabinet;)

Take a look and eat you words there my man>> https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16933555/

My whole point is that ELEMENT is set up as a production shop with CNC equipment , etc , etc. Their prices could and should be lower (marginally) and for claiming to be so high end than why would you use that cheap sh&&t plastic on the corners of such High Dollar work?>>>>>>>>>>>>WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Well you obviously have not looked back at my original post where I made direct reference to my intimate understanding of CNC Machinery due to the fact that I was a wood worker for almost 18 years and 1 out of maybe a couple of hundred in the entire country that specialized in hand reproduced 18th & 19th Century Period Furniture. So believe me when I tell you, I do understand the work involved and I definitely know about precision and high quality workmanship and the amount of time that it takes to produce such.

As a matter of fact, here is the very post I am referring too. Think I don't know about quality? Take a look at my work that is accurate within 0.005. of an inch which I might ad was done exclusively by hand with the tools that you see in my hanging Tool Cabinet;)

Take a look and eat you words there my man>> https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16933555/

My whole point is that ELEMENT is set up as a production shop with CNC equipment , etc , etc. Their prices could and should be lower (marginally) and for claiming to be so high end than why would you use that cheap sh&&t plastic on the corners of such High Dollar work?>>>>>>>>>>>>WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fine with the polycarbonate. I'd prefer G10 or a composite on the black cases, but they're using polycarbonate as a design element for its visual transparency. And the case is really, as I've said before, more of a design statement than hardcore protection.

Yes, they're expensive. They are also, comparatively, a low volume luxury positioned product.

I sincerely doubt Element is set up as an actual full production CNC shop. They're probably more of a design house that outsources production to a facility that specializes in these things.

In the world of iPhone case manufacture, they are truly small fries. You don't see their product in retailers, at the apple store, etc. They don't have the economy of scale of inCase or Belkin. They're probably even smaller the guys in China faking them.

It's a medium production luxury item. It's never going to make sense as a purchase to you from a materials or practicality standpoint.

It's like designer jewelry for your phone.. You can't justify a ring from a designer based on the spot silver price. You can rage all you want about how little silver is in it, and how you could get a better ring at Walmart that has stronger metal and is more durable, or how you could buy a fake ring from china, but that's not the point.

You buy something like this because you like the design and you're able and willing to pay for it. Not because you need it or because your phone needs the protection.

Can you get 99% of the look and function with a $30 replica? Yeah. Why pay nearly 5 times that for the real thing? Because that's what it costs for the real thing and for enough people its worth it. If you don't get it, it's like raging on about people who buy designer purses or watches. I can buy a replica watch with the same freaking internal Swiss movement as an original for a quarter or less of the price. Would I be seen dead with it?

bernardkahuna

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2013
Real bad support

WITHOUT CONFIRMING THE FACT YOU ARE WRITING I HAVE A FAKE PRODUCT? HM?

You sent me this garbage:

Barna, you need to read the many, many responses to your support ticket more carefully.

YOU HAVE PURCHASED A COUNTERFEIT FAKE CASE OFF OF EBAY.

We're sorry that you fell prey to someone's scam to sell you a fake product as genuine, but that is why we recommend only shopping on our website or through our authorized retailer network. We do not sell the pieces that you're looking for separately and they most likely will not fit since you do not have an authentic case.

Build your email contact list to reach your customers. Try Constant Contact FREE!
Facebook © 2013
English (US)
· Privacy
· Terms
· Cookies
·
More
Barna Bernard Fekete
posted toElement Case
2 hours ago
·

Customer Service at Element,

You refuse to supply me with a plastic connector (which broke)

[Ticket#308-8955] Broken clear polymer bridge on Sector 5.

As a manufacturer you need to acknowledge that parts do break. You guys need to step up to the plate and carry and make available part to replace broken pieces to your product. I will contact BBB, State attorney and many other consumer protection agencies to prove my point.

Why don't you just say send this up here, we take look, if it is ours, we replace that 50 cent part for $20, I would be happy and not spread the news about horrible after sale support of Element. That is all to it. Nothing travels faster that bad news, remember that! Let me send it up to you and charge me for the replacement. That is all to it!

You should learn from Ray-Ban:
"As a courtesy to our valued Ray-Ban USA customers, we provide repair service for any product not covered or past our warranty period. A repair charge will be assessed depending upon the style of your returned product. We will notify you of any charges and request payment in advance prior to any repair."

I'm really disturbed by you not standing by your product!

Regards, Barna Bernard Fekete
Promote
Element Case
Barna, you need to read the many, many responses to your support ticket more carefully.

We're sorry that you fell prey to someone's scam to sell you a fake product as genuine, but that is why we recommend only shopping on our website or through our authorized retailer network. We do not sell the pieces that you're looking for separately and they most likely will not fit since you do not have an authentic case.

Bernard Fekete, GM.
Kolibri Art Studio, Inc.
http://www.kolibriartstudio.com

Ph 310.538.4855 - Fax 310.538.4911
333 E. 157Th Street, Gardena, CA 90248
Unparalelled Quality Fine Art Printing Since 1990 1990

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "support@elementcase.com" <support@elementcase.com>
To: bernard@kolibriartstudio.com
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 8:30 AM
Subject: [EC Support] Thank you for your submission

Thank you for contacting Element Case. Our goal is to respond to all inquiries within 2 business days. However, we are currently experiencing extremely high demand for our products and services, and may take up to 5 business days to respond to your inquiry. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Element Case Customer Support Team.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
WITHOUT CONFIRMING THE FACT YOU ARE WRITING I HAVE A FAKE PRODUCT? HM?

You sent me this garbage:

Build your email contact list to reach your customers. Try Constant Contact FREE!
Facebook © 2013
English (US)
· Privacy
· Terms
· Cookies
·
More
Barna Bernard Fekete
posted toElement Case
2 hours ago
·

Customer Service at Element,

You refuse to supply me with a plastic connector (which broke)

[Ticket#308-8955] Broken clear polymer bridge on Sector 5.

As a manufacturer you need to acknowledge that parts do break. You guys need to step up to the plate and carry and make available part to replace broken pieces to your product. I will contact BBB, State attorney and many other consumer protection agencies to prove my point.

Why don't you just say send this up here, we take look, if it is ours, we replace that 50 cent part for $20, I would be happy and not spread the news about horrible after sale support of Element. That is all to it. Nothing travels faster that bad news, remember that! Let me send it up to you and charge me for the replacement. That is all to it!

You should learn from Ray-Ban:
"As a courtesy to our valued Ray-Ban USA customers, we provide repair service for any product not covered or past our warranty period. A repair charge will be assessed depending upon the style of your returned product. We will notify you of any charges and request payment in advance prior to any repair."

I'm really disturbed by you not standing by your product!

Regards, Barna Bernard Fekete
Promote
Element Case

Bernard Fekete, GM.
Kolibri Art Studio, Inc.
http://www.kolibriartstudio.com

Ph 310.538.4855 - Fax 310.538.4911
333 E. 157Th Street, Gardena, CA 90248
Unparalelled Quality Fine Art Printing Since 1990 1990

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "support@elementcase.com" <support@elementcase.com>
To: bernard@kolibriartstudio.com
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 8:30 AM
Subject: [EC Support] Thank you for your submission

Thank you for contacting Element Case. Our goal is to respond to all inquiries within 2 business days. However, we are currently experiencing extremely high demand for our products and services, and may take up to 5 business days to respond to your inquiry. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Element Case Customer Support Team.

Can you post pictures of this break? I'm curious as to where it broke and how it happened.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Can you post pictures of this break? I'm curious as to where it broke and how it happened.

This.

Not to mention, short of Tekcases and a select few other eBay stores, counterfeits are everywhere. Just because they charge you $150 doesn't guarantee you're getting a legitimate product.

Additionally, for conversation, lets say you (bernardkahuna) do have a legitimate case, you can go through your seller and utilize the ElementCase warranty. ElementCase forces it's resellers / redistributors to have the exact same warranty terms they themselves use. So for conversation, lets say you bought it from "X's eBay Store", if they are legit then you can go through them (not even ElementCase) and get the part / your case replaced via warranty.

I have a serious feeling you've blown this way out of proportion bernardkahuna.

On topic though, ElementCase just released the side grips in clear and black. Just ordered the black grip for my Sector 5 FE. Free shipping too, so an easy spent $5 :D

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
This.

Not to mention, short of Tekcases and a select few other eBay stores, counterfeits are everywhere. Just because they charge you $150 doesn't guarantee you're getting a legitimate product.

Additionally, for conversation, lets say you (bernardkahuna) do have a legitimate case, you can go through your seller and utilize the ElementCase warranty. ElementCase forces it's resellers / redistributors to have the exact same warranty terms they themselves use. So for conversation, lets say you bought it from "X's eBay Store", if they are legit then you can go through them (not even ElementCase) and get the part / your case replaced via warranty.

I have a serious feeling you've blown this way out of proportion bernardkahuna.

On topic though, ElementCase just released the side grips in clear and black. Just ordered the black grip for my Sector 5 FE. Free shipping too, so an easy spent $5 :D

please do post the picture with the grip on once you had it :D

am disappointed when they released the grip two days after i bought the attack back plate from them. argh! have to pay for the delivery again :(

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
My Sector5 FE + AttackBackplate + SGP home button + AdaptionLA yellow sidewraps :)

48zxcpv6whex40f0p1p6.jpg
iaz5283jlifllw58k1tx.jpg

b3iij5vudsjcqenm81k8.jpg

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I know some people have asked about the Sector 5 in the Elevation Labs dock and if it fits. I didn't see any photos, so I thought I would post one. Fit's perfect.

Oh and I had a Gelaskin made. Fits well too. Yes it's from Fatal Attraction.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 179
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 211
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.