Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You have to go back each week and add a new word, otherwise they get deleted. Didn't anyone tell you?

They're disappearing because either they didn't comply with the forum rules or they were in a thread that has been moved to an area of the forums that doesn't allow for post counting.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Whistleway said:
Seriously, I saw 102 posts :( How come they decrease as time goes on..
Since you asked in public, I'll answer you here. Some of your posts were removed by moderators because they didn't add anything of importance to the discussions in the threads they were posted in. If you are making posts just to get to 100, your posts are more likely to have little useful content and are therefore less like to be left as is by moderators.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Doctor Q said:
Since you asked in public, I'll answer you here. Some of your posts were removed by moderators because they didn't add anything of importance to the discussions in the threads they were posted in. If you are making posts just to get to 100, your posts are more likely to have little useful content and are therefore less like to be left as is by moderators.

Not having looked at any of his previous comments or anything, I would also like to point out that posts in certain parts of the forums (like political, I think) do not count towards your number of posts. Also, I believe that any posts in a thread that gets moved to the wasteland are subtracted from your total, as well, even if the posts are not deleted. Just thought I would point out other ways your posts might not show up or might begin to shrink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.