Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Nope. I went to every location today to no avail.
Though they did have Smart Keyboards. I bought one today at Grand Central. My guess is that we'll see a steady trickle of both accessories as the holiday season progresses.

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
At this point I'll just be happy to have it by Christmas. Kind of crazy considering I ordered it early online on 11/11 but we're getting close every day. By the time it arrives my IPP will feel brand new again lol (trying to look Felix the positive).

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
Thanks to a son of a friend who works for apple

image.jpeg

mistame

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
If your company has an account or is listed you can get a discount and deal with the business team. Instead of calling the store I have his direct line. The iPad pro was sold out when I decided to buy it. Left a message and was called when it arrived.

Can you elaborate a little more on the process? When you say "I have his direct line", who is the "him" you're talking about and how did you go about setting up this contact? Do you have to go through your company to get in touch with their business team? I work for a very big company, and we do get discounts at the Apple Store so I'd be surprised if we don't have an account, but if I had to go through my company to get in contact with an Apple Business team, there'd probably be way too many hoops for me to jump through.

wav

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Has anyone found these in or around Toronto? I've been checking the Newmarket Apple Store almost daily with no luck.

Some employees tell me they get them in stock every few days, while others have said the pencil hasn't been released yet.

One employee told me to check the Apple Store App to see if any stores have pencils in stock, but every time I do that it just says it ships in 4-5 weeks.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Has anyone found these in or around Toronto? I've been checking the Newmarket Apple Store almost daily with no luck.

Some employees tell me they get them in stock every few days, while others have said the pencil hasn't been released yet.

One employee told me to check the Apple Store App to see if any stores have pencils in stock, but every time I do that it just says it ships in 4-5 weeks.
No luck here either. Pretty much same results.

macaximx

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
Can you elaborate a little more on the process? When you say "I have his direct line", who is the "him" you're talking about and how did you go about setting up this contact? Do you have to go through your company to get in touch with their business team? I work for a very big company, and we do get discounts at the Apple Store so I'd be surprised if we don't have an account, but if I had to go through my company to get in contact with an Apple Business team, there'd probably be way too many hoops for me to jump through.

The him is the business rep I now deal with. The team only works regular hours. 9:30-5 at my store. A sales person set up the meeting. Just ask someone to meet a business rep. They can confirm your company is listed and give your a card with their number.

Reactions: haruhiko

Linusedwards

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
PA, USA
I've been searching everywhere online for a pencil. I managed to google the exact part number and found a number of stores listing it for sale but every single one was either out of stock or had availability weeks away. I also have searched eBay numerous times and they are still going for $160 and up. I have an order with online Apple Store but estimated delivery is December 31-January 7. I'd go to my local Apple Store to check for inventory but it's 90 minutes away.

Can any one give me any advice on getting a pencil before Christmas and not paying the high eBay prices? There has to be a way???

Zuri Sebastianski

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2015
Waterloo
My Apple Pencil got stolen. Was delivered from Best Buy yesterday - and got the notification it was delivered at 2:30 through Canada Post. Arrived home at 5:30 and no Pencil.

S197Mike

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
My Apple Pencil got stolen. Was delivered from Best Buy yesterday - and got the notification it was delivered at 2:30 through Canada Post. Arrived home at 5:30 and no Pencil.
That's the worst feeling. Make to make a claim quick. That happened to my parents bought something for xmas and it was stolen. Left the box too and sealed it back up. It's that time of year, people just follow the delivery trucks and take what they want

Xprmntr

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2015
Minneapolis
I've been searching everywhere online for a pencil. I managed to google the exact part number and found a number of stores listing it for sale but every single one was either out of stock or had availability weeks away. I also have searched eBay numerous times and they are still going for $160 and up. I have an order with online Apple Store but estimated delivery is December 31-January 7. I'd go to my local Apple Store to check for inventory but it's 90 minutes away.

Can any one give me any advice on getting a pencil before Christmas and not paying the high eBay prices? There has to be a way???

Keep tab of Best Buy open with Apple pencil searched, refresh every now and then, check in wee hours of night and morning, and sporadically across the day, do same for staples and Walmart, macmall too and b&h

Keep a a close eye on these forums

Reactions: Linusedwards

Linusedwards

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
PA, USA
Keep tab of Best Buy open with Apple pencil searched, refresh every now and then, check in wee hours of night and morning, and sporadically across the day, do same for staples and Walmart, macmall too and b&h

Keep a a close eye on these forums

Thanks, yeah, I've been doing all that for last two days and nothing. Which is frustrating. Closest I've come is for a little while yesterday the Best Buy listing switched to "Coming Soon" instead of "Out of Stock" but then at some point switched back. I'm not sure if for a small period of time it actually was available that I missed or the "coming soon" didn't mean anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.