Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Wow that is a seriously elaborate standing desk lol

I remember when they started showing up in the office. People could choose what they wanted and the company ordered them. There were many that didn't last long-term. The one in the picture here looks like it's built like a tank.

The lifting columns weigh like 25 kg each 😂

It's made by LINAK and we bought them back in the early 2000's. They have a much more svelte option now called the Desk Frame 2 but I didn't feel like just throwing these away. I have some more in storage.

I could definitely cut off that back-brace thingy at the back on the floor and most of the aluminum profile under the desk. It's ridiculously overbuilt for its current application!

Last edited:

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
The lifting columns weigh like 25 kg each 😂

It's made by LINAK and we bought them back in the early 2000's. They have a much more svelte option now called the Desk Frame 2 but I didn't feel like just throwing these away. I have some more in storage.

I could definitely cut off that back-brace thingy at the back on the floor and most of the aluminum profile under the desk. It's ridiculously overbuilt for its current application!

I have work/computer tables in my house. The are 3 feet by 6 feet and I think that they can support 700-1,000 pounds of equipment. The frame is all steel construction. Digital Equipment Corporation had closed several plants and they were selling their office equipment to employees really cheap. I got 2 of these tables for $20 each back in the 1990s.

I like sturdy as you can use them for more than just what you intended to buy them for.

hawky525

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2008
United Kingdom
Work in progress 😅

View attachment 2331501

32-inch Dell UP3218K (7680x4320)
Mac Studio (M2 Max)
2TB Samsung 990 Pro (USB4 NVMe enclosure)
2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (TB3 NVMe enclosure)
Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numpad
Magic Mouse
Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming mouse
Logitech G840 XL Gaming mouse pad and old silicone wrist rest
Sennheiser cans
Table with electric height adjustment measuring 150 x 62 cm (salvaged from the CRT era so it can lift 250 kg and made of solid steel and aluminum, it originally held a much deeper desk in two parts that could tilt and lift the CRT screen separately)

I usually change between sitting and standing if I am doing prolonged sessions in front of the screen. I also have a footrest and missing from the picture is the usual coffee cup 😂

Still working on cable management but need to install network sockets with keystones in the wall (behold the ethernet cable dangling down from the wall), run ethernet in the wall, paint the walls and put up better wall-mounted lighting 😅
Very nice setup, congrats.
Which ssd enclosures are you using? I’m not sure which to go for.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
The one in the picture here looks like it's built like a tank.

It took six of us about thirty minutes to move our large-format HP-lease up one flight of stairs . . . the frame on your SD would make ours weep from sturdy-envy :)

dasjati

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2020
I'm finally part of the club. Yay. Picked up my refurbished M2 Max 12/38 64GB 2TB on the weekend. Photo taken right after setting it up. So the desk isn't this empty and clean anymore ;)

The screens are two Dells: U3223QE on the left, P2715Q on the right.

Very happy how quiet and powerful this little box is.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 397

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm finally part of the club. Yay. Picked up my refurbished M2 Max 12/38 64GB 2TB on the weekend. Photo taken right after setting it up. So the desk isn't this empty and clean anymore ;)

The screens are two Dells: U3223QE on the left, P2715Q on the right.

Very happy how quiet and powerful this little box is.
You wouldn't happen to have links to your two ST:SNW wallpapers, would you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.