Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I prefer something smaller in a phone. Had a 13 mini but ended up selling it. Big mistake.
If I go case-less it seems smaller. Lol. I put a skin on my 13 today and like the look and feel so going that route for now, nice a grippy to. Besides it shows off the nice blue sides. Why buy color if its going to hide in a case
Good point. Have black 12mini and 13mini with both skins and cases. Contemplating next purchase to be a Blue 15Pro and perhaps will buy a clear case to put it in.

Last edited:

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
We “upgraded” from an SEGen1 and iPhone7 to two iPhone13minis. We love the minis even though we took a hit on the “Home” button. I traded in the iPhone7 so we lost that but kept the SEGen1. As many here have said, it is an amazing form factor and was my wife’s favorite iPhone. We no longer have cellular service on the device and not sure what we’ll do with it if anything. Thanks for the great suggestions herein though as we consider new options.

sers

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
I’m still using my 2016 iPhone SE running iOS 15. As far as I’m concerned, that was the pinnacle of iPhone design. Still does everything I need it to and have found no reason to upgrade after all these years. I simply refuse to buy and use one of those behemoth phablets. If I can’t use it with one hand then it’s not a phone. Not sure what I’m going to do when I can’t use my beloved SE. Going to be a sad day when that happens.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Strongly disagree with the title of this thread. I love my 15 Pro and would never consider getting a phone as massive as the 15 Pro Max.

• Haha
Reactions: Arctic Moose

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
Yesterday the iPhone SE arrived. What a great little phone. This is looks (almost) like new, battery is 93% and it is actually the 128 GB version. Could not be happier.

If it had e-SIM support I would make this one my new main phone immediately.

IMG_5542.jpeg IMG_5543.jpeg IMG_5547.jpeg IMG_5550.jpeg IMG_5552.jpeg IMG_5553.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5548.jpeg
    IMG_5548.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 24

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I have one at 99% battery capacity and the percentage of on-screen time drops drastically in minutes!

Have you plugged that into CoconutBattery to double check?

I have a variety of SE1's with new batteries on latest iOS 15 and they do really well on battery life (I use them for walks, runs and going to the gym)

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
  • Love
Reactions: rocketbuc

Freddy Fruitfly

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2017
Yesterday the iPhone SE arrived. What a great little phone. This is looks (almost) like new, battery is 93% and it is actually the 128 GB version. Could not be happier.
I have one of these still laying around that I'd like to start using again but the battery no longer hold its charge, what is the best place to go to get a new battery installed?

iPhone SE . iOS 15.8.2
The Netherlands

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
I have one of these still laying around that I'd like to start using again but the battery no longer hold its charge, what is the best place to go to get a new battery installed?

iPhone SE . iOS 15.8.2
The Netherlands
Exchanging the battery should be something that you can do yourself with some YT video support. In Switzerland, I ordered a replacement battery and adhesive strip from Apfelkiste.ch and installed it myself. Did that on a 5C and 6 without any problems.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Exchanging the battery should be something that you can do yourself with some YT video support. In Switzerland, I ordered a replacement battery and adhesive strip from Apfelkiste.ch and installed it myself. Did that on a 5C and 6 without any problems.
Beyond capabilities of most people plus added cost of needed supplies, equipment and their time.

Last edited:

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014

iPhone SE . iOS 15.8.2
The Netherlands
Apple and if botched a refurbished model will be issued. Happened with my 6S.

LeafsFanNL

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi,

I sympathize with the small phone fans. I went from an 11 to a 13 mini, when the 14's were announced. I just love the form factor, and adjusted just fine to the battery life. Last September my son bought a 15 pro, and after playing around with it, I ended up getting one just for the camera. It turns out that I am willing to live with the 15 pros' form factor to get that camera. I can certainly see why other people would not. I see no reason why fans of the 13 mini should not get many more years out of them, with battery replacements, etc. I, sadly, don't think Apple will make another small phone.

dan98

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
I get a feeling that the main problem here is Apple don't see any value in the type of customers who aren't inclined towards brainlessly consuming all the garbage while on the move which they consider to be the future- ie. Social / Video / Media / Insta / whatever.

It's long since Apple had a more thoughtful approach towards the future, now it's about cash - and they're correctly identified where they can make the most of it, year after year.

As mental health issues related to all this crap reaches epidemic levels (we're getting there), Apple will be forced to change direction. But for now I'm inclined to use my SE1 less and less as it slides into obsolescence, and stick to services which can be done at home via laptop or tablet.

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
I get a feeling that the main problem here is Apple don't see any value in the type of customers who aren't inclined towards brainlessly consuming all the garbage while on the move which they consider to be the future- ie. Social / Video / Media / Insta / whatever.

It's long since Apple had a more thoughtful approach towards the future, now it's about cash - and they're correctly identified where they can make the most of it, year after year.

As mental health issues related to all this crap reaches epidemic levels (we're getting there), Apple will be forced to change direction. But for now I'm inclined to use my SE1 less and less as it slides into obsolescence, and stick to services which can be done at home via laptop or tablet.
Could not agree more with the last paragraph of your post. I am using other devices, in particular my Air M2, to get real work done. Using my phone only when on the go to communicate, look up directions and boarding passes, etc. No media consumption other than a bit of music or the background sounds. I am working towards becoming an essentialist/ minimalist, therefore, my focus is to limit my phone usage to the absolute minimum.

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
Crazy update: I ordered another iPhone SE 1 from Tutti.ch for 24 CHF/ 27 USD, will arrive tomorrow. Not 100% sure about the condition of the phone and the storage. Planning to give this to my son as an emergency phone. Looking very much forward to it...and will report back. :)

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Could not agree more with the last paragraph of your post. I am using other devices, in particular my Air M2, to get real work done. Using my phone only when on the go to communicate, look up directions and boarding passes, etc. No media consumption other than a bit of music or the background sounds. I am working towards becoming an essentialist/ minimalist, therefore, my focus is to limit my phone usage to the absolute minimum.

I agree with you and @dan98 both completely

I find myself using my iPhones more and more, only, as "get the bare minimum communication/music accomplished"

Last edited:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Crazy update: I ordered another iPhone SE 1 from Tutti.ch for 24 CHF/ 27 USD, will arrive tomorrow. Not 100% sure about the condition of the phone and the storage. Planning to give this to my son as an emergency phone. Looking very much forward to it...and will report back. :)
In the meantime, I suggest you come visit this "SE1-AS" thread a little less :p

• Haha
Reactions: rocketbuc

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020

I disagree most of your opinions.

I rarely open my laptop these day. I only really use laptop when I need to book tickets, get some work done if I need to use laptop to complete.

Otherwise, I will use my phone. I don’t really use any social media. I go one Facebook only for marketplace sales or purchase.

Even if I am using phone as basic, I will refuse use any phone that is smaller than regular iPhone. I hate iPhone SE 1, everything is too small even for basic texting, let alone navigation on the road or any purpose.

People gravitate toward large phone not just because social media consumption. Small phone is died, you can complain all you want, it is not coming back.

• Love
Reactions: kitKAC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.