Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
We're assuming magnets are both in the cover and in the iPad? They could have just put magnets in the cover and metal in the ipad? or vice versa? I guess magnets in both is stronger? but magnets only in the cover would seem like a good design if it was workable.
Anyone else notice not all the covers are posted on Apple.com sale page and they keep changing. there were 7 of 10 listed at first, now there are only 6. Both blues were not there before, and are now, and I think the orange was there and is not now.

Apple do seem to have trouble with shipping anything in more than one colour. Ie iPhone 4, bumpers let's see if they can get the iPad and there covers right. I'm not holding my breath though

striatedglutes

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2009
USA
License what functionality? The magnets are there, I don't think other case manufacturers need Apple's permission to use them. Unless you are talking about something else?
You got trolled :p
brilliant

ipad2-smartcover.png

pic from unwire.hk

Good designers copy. Great designers steal.

Personally, I hope someone can create something that will do both portrait and landscape stands in something like a Smart Cover.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I deleted my comment about not all covers being on the iPad accessories page, but when you click on one of the covers there, it goes to an order page which shows all the choices as pickable. not sure if this will be the case on launch day.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Is the back side of the leather covers grey microfiber also? Someone posted that the leather ones are same color on both sides whereas the polys are grey micro on the back?
Where is a picture of the leather ones both sides??

Oops
----I see it on apple. backside microfibre- Leathers match, polys are all grey. tho the black leather looks like dark grey microfiber.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.