Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isaaclimdc

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It's getting more and more touch-screen-friendly every day. Touch and hold expose. Drag and drop expose where the windows pop up on screen, this is definitely there for using fingers rather than a mouse and keyboard combo.

You know, that is so true. It didn't occur to me that way, but yes, Snow Leopard is being built specifically with a Multi-touch screen device in mind. Come on Apple, let's see what you got!

Slevin

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
New York
Unfortunately 402 hasn't brought back the "Assign Application To" option when right-clicking on an icon in the dock.

I think the new look for the contextual menus in the dock look absolutely fantastic and they really don't seem that out of place to me. They match up perfectly with the look of the stock 2d dock. They also look really great with this 3d dock:

That is a nice dock... where did you get it?

Roeltjah

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2009
I was wondering since I have the SL build running, will it update to the final release when it's out, or will I have to buy it still?

slackpacker

macrumors 6502a
I was wondering since I have the SL build running, will it update to the final release when it's out, or will I have to buy it still?

The Future will tell we will not really know until it happens. Not to be rude but why do people ALWAYS ask this question.... Please for the love of Sloths STOP. AND You will buy it... won't you? why would you not buy it at the price Apple is selling it at.

Lokheed

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Man the new black Dock list menus are pretty buggy; won't let me going cleanly into subdirectories :(

The nice thing is they extend farther now, so it lists a lot more than before... but they still look kinda cheap. Hope some polish goes into them...

Maybe they'll surprise us all and pull this one out of their hat (can only dream):

now-leopard.png

tchek

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2009
Paris - France
Because Safari ADBLOCK do not work anymore with 10.6, and the dead Inputmanagers in Snow, you can use Glimmer Blocker.

http://glimmerblocker.org/

It work perfectly ! :)

"You'll always be able to upgrade Safari without breaking GlimmerBlocker (or waiting for a new release); and you'll be able to upgrade GlimmerBlocker without upgrading Safari. This makes it much easier to use the beta versions of Safari and especially the nightly builds "

And for the Flash Allergic there is "ClickToFlash"

http://github.com/rentzsch/clicktoflash/tree/master

Perfect on 10.6.

We need now something to replace SafariCookies ...

http://www.sweetpproductions.com/safaricookies/index.htm

I do not understand why Apple do not include a good cookies manager in Safari 4 ?

Cleve

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Using Snow Leopard every day...

Is this version of Snow Leopard stable enough to use as an every day OS replacement for Leopard? Anyone using it this way?
I am actually and it isn't bad. Obviously some things break (MacSpeech) and other things don't work as I'd hoped, but otherwise, very nice.

Obviously use at your own risk

Last edited by a moderator:

OZMP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2008
Snow Leopard has been my primary OS on my MacBook and iMac since the WWDC build first leaked. Been having no issues at all, and this latest build is rock solid for me.

yup

but medialink is broken :(

has been since 10.5.7

dhowden

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2009
Open dialog crashes...

Anyone else having problems getting "Open" dialogs to appear without crashing apps? I was hoping that they'd have fixed this by now (happened in both the previous builds that were released). I keep deliberately doing File->Open and reporting the problems, so hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Aside from this, I'm loving this new build... :)

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
great, downloading, also aprecciate speed .. couple of minutes left! looks really Apple dev doing work well!:apple:

SMacDuff

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
It looks like everybody outside USA and Canada is going to miss this as well, so we get stiffed on software as well as hardware prices :(. I have checked on the UK and French sites (I bought my new MBP in France this month) and there is nothing about the "Keep you up-to-date" program. OK it is not a huge amount but when changing from Panther to Tiger, all buyers worldwide within one month got a freebee.

Wilson:(

Here for the France up-to-date page:

http://www.apple.com/fr/macosx/uptodate/

and here for the UK page:

http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/uptodate/

hmatos

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2009
Exchange 2007 and Domains

Does anyone know if there any way to specify the domain name when setting up exchange support in mail/ical? There's something about our server configuration that prevents me from making a connection, since our exchange server is of the form, 'exchange.mydomain.com'.

I also noticed that a remote connection via ssl doesn't seem to work or be an option? I have to actually be on my corporate network to access exchange via IMAP (the only access I was able to get working).

Thanks,

curmi

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2000
Melbourne, Australia
Anyone else having problems getting "Open" dialogs to appear without crashing apps? I was hoping that they'd have fixed this by now (happened in both the previous builds that were released). I keep deliberately doing File->Open and reporting the problems, so hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Aside from this, I'm loving this new build... :)

You should be logging bugs through either the Appleseed website or bug tracker - otherwise the people fixing things are probably not going to see it. This is why they aren't fixing your issue - they need to know about it through the right channels since other people clearly aren't having this issue. Using the reporter when something crashes rarely gets through to the right people quickly, and Apple tell you in the betas not to use it to report problems.

bmk

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
Paris

Let's see - either you have an unofficial version of SL which you downloaded from a torrent site and you are hoping to leech a new operating system when it is officially released (an OS that would only cost you 29 dollars!!). In which case you are just being a cheapskate and admitting that you want to scam all the work that Apple's developers are doing for free...

Or...you are an official developer and have a legit copy of SL - in which case what are you doing posting on rumour sites and asking ridiculous questions here, instead of contacting Apple direct. After all that's what you paid for...

So which is it: are you a cheapskate or are you breaking your non-disclosure agreement?

trapper.John

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Aperture

One of the fixes in this one is done to Aperture..

on the previous build there was several editing features that you couldn't do, it would just freeze and crash. now it is perfect.

this release will soon be my main OS.

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Finally, they are bring this feature back. It's about time.

They brought it back in 10.5.1 after a brief time away. What's new with this update is the look that was screenshotted earlier in this thread.

Back in Tiger's innings they upped the number of levels deep one could browse in Dock list view, but it has always still struggled past 5 or so, and especially when there are long filenames and the columns start coming back across the screen, it becomes very difficult to come back up the tree using the mouse.

Also strange in the list view (and actually in normal sub-menus except that it works well there) is that the top corner of the next sub-level closest to the last is not rounded - in menus that corner is right where the sub-menu breaks off, but in Dock list views it can be a long way away and just looks odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.