Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDJ

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2014
For those of us with 4/24 - 5/8 shipping dates still stuck in "Processing", let me explain our frustration.

Imagine you were waiting in a physical line (for anything) and you were towards the front. Now imagine person in charge went to the back of the line and started letting those in before you. That is how we feel.

I am willing to understand how this comes across as entitled if you can understand how this could be frustrating to us.

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
I think the SG watches aren't shipping yet since it was more of the popular model. Im still waiting for my SG mid-may to be charged. Then again, thinking about canceling and going for a 2nd Gen.

They probably will be adding a camera for FaceTime on the next :apple:Watch

Very silly to cancel an order based on rumor probability of the 2nd gen model.

drewstork

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Twilight Zone

For those of us with 4/24 - 5/8 shipping dates still stuck in "Processing", let me explain our frustration.

Imagine you were waiting in a physical line (for anything) and you were towards the front. Now imagine person in charge went to the back of the line and started letting those in before you. That is how we feel.

I am willing to understand how this comes across as entitled if you can understand how this could be frustrating to us.

The problem is that there is no line, and this is all the first of everything. There are no rules. Just that Apple has your credit card and when they make your thing, they'll send it to you. There are no pre-implied social contracts other than a vague shipping window.

This is the modern Twilight Zone. Episode ends with you getting your watch only to have your wrist get cut off right after. "It's not fair....It's not fair!!!"

Isle

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Seattle, WA

I get this, I do...however is it more like the ones at the back are being told that they will get something X date which is 1-2 months down the line. I see this as more of a method to calm the fervor to allow the attention to be given to those who will be getting one in the 4/24-5/8 dates.

mwcfc1905

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011

I'm really hoping I get to wave at you as I walk past into the shop but as I've ordered the SGS Looks like I'll be the one standing outside!

dreamwife

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Cupertino, California
I live in CA, and have noticed no one has gotten a UPS tracking update, I wonder if FedEx is handling those and I have not been able to manually change the shipping date to the 23rd like I can with UPS. Could this be the reason know Tracking updates in CA?

I'm wondering the same thing... Any other Cali folks have any thoughts?
:D

JackANSI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Seems like a bit more evidence for the people that believe Apple causes its own supply shortages for launch "buzz" reasons.

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
I bet the SG Sport models are slower because of the annodizing process. That will take longer to manufacture than the silver sport model.

SG sport was probably the most popular because the silver sport models all look pretty girly except for the SG one, so most men are probably going for SG.

Also, as a first-gen product, it might seem silly to most people to get one of the more expensive versions, and the SG model with black band can also easily pass as a regular watch, ala your old Timex, so it makes sense as the one to get for anyone looking to try it out without fully committing to the expensive ones.

I wouldn't be surpised if the SG model was the most popular by far.

michaelvdh

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2009
It's happening:

Apple-store-Watch-SWB.png

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Looks like all of the orders are for Sport band models. Looks like the supply constraints are on bands more than it is on the actual watches.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
Some, as in the lucky few in the forums. A majority of people with a friday estimate still haven't even gotten charged yet.

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
This is probably the greatest thing to wake up too! Mine says preparing for shipment now!! And it's delivery was for May 20 - June 1! 4-6 weeks! Nice!!!

mwcfc1905

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
I bet the SG Sport models are slower because of the annodizing process. That will take longer to manufacture than the silver sport model.

SG sport was probably the most popular because the silver sport models all look pretty girly except for the SG one, so most men are probably going for SG.

Also, as a first-gen product, it might seem silly to most people to get one of the more expensive versions, and the SG model with black band can also easily pass as a regular watch, ala your old Timex, so it makes sense as the one to get for anyone looking to try it out without fully committing to the expensive ones.

I wouldn't be surpised if the SG model was the most popular by far.

The SG only came with one colour band as well so you would have though they would have been able to make loads. They sold out so quick they must have had hardly any.

vtp94

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
official answer from apple

"Prepared for Shipment means that it’s boxed up and we are waiting for the right moment for the carrier to pick it up and ship it out to you. Once again, we ship your item at the very last second so it can be delivered by the estimated delivery dates of 4/24-5/8. We always try to have it delivered by the first date.":):):)

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015

Yes, frustration sucks, but I also find that anticipation is often more enjoyable than having something, so enjoy that while you can.

The main issue is that there are many different models, so it's not so easy to say that people are being unfairly moved up in line. It can easily be that those people ordered a different version that was less popular or had more stock. Also, Apple is probably breaking things down into different sales regions and trying to get products to all of them. If one doesn't have enough supply, there's only so much you can do.

jkbuster

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2007
Arvada, CO
Entitled much? I hate to break it you, amigo, but many of us with May and June shipping dates were also up in the "wee hours" of the morning. My order for a SS SB link went thru at :05 and I got a June delivery date.

I think we've ordered a rare one. My SS SB link went through at :02 and my date is 5/13-5/27. No charge or status change yet.

tliede20

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Here's what I've noticed...

http://ordertracker.me/

Shows no one so far that has ordered the SG model has gotten passed processing.

On top of that; I haven't seen anyone from California with any shipping information.

42mm SGS is the most popular model by FAR.

I ordered 12:01 - 02, confirmation :03. Expected ship date: 04/24-05/08 No CC payment, Still "processing"

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
The SG only came with one colour band as well so you would have though they would have been able to make loads. They sold out so quick they must have had hardly any.

The silver sports are all the same, and it is extremely easy to change the band it is packed with in the box. I don't think band color is likely a reason for it.

I personally have one SG sport on order and another Silver w/ Green band on order. The Green shipped but not the SG. I do wonder if that color choice made a difference, or if they are spreading out orders to one per houshold or something like that.

JP2014

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Utah
I think if people who had delivery estimates for mid may are getting preparing for shipment notices it is only a matter of time before everyone else does. I think it's just the process of Apple charging millions of credit cards and preparing millions of watches to be shipped. I remember with the iPhone 6 preorder I was one of the last to get my preparing to ship notification and it all happened the day before it was supposed to arrive. I still ended up getting the phone on launch day. So everyone just relax! Even if you don't get charged and updated till tomorrow there is still a chance you will get it on the 24th.

bonelaw

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Tale of two watches

At midnight I ordered a 42mm space gray aluminum with black sport band to be delivered May 13th and:

Late that evening I ordered an aluminum 38mm with blue sport band for my wife to be delivered in June and:

Good surprise for her.

Last edited:

a1kim

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2007
I agree as well. However, I ordered a SS black sport band and so did my friend. I ordered mine earlier and he has a "Prepairing for shipment" already. We both live in southern California. How does one explain that?

One probable explanation is that the watch assigned to him is in one mass shipment, yours is in another, and the mass shipment for his just happened to get here before the other one. I'm guessing you will both get the watches on Friday, but right now it's only Wednesday, and they're still getting mass shipments in.

I could be wrong of course, but knowing how they've handled large launches in the past, I'm still hopeful you'll get your watch on Friday. I remember tracking one of my launch iPhones coming straight from China, so it's not out of the question.

skipper1971

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I think all of the "freak out" responses are hilarious. It's as if we're on the Titanic waiting to get on a life boat.

That being said, I'd better get my ******** watch on Friday!

Lolz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.