Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
It's made the same as the Pixelskin for the iphone and that case is awesome.

I have the pixel skin HD for iphone4 and I think it absolutely sucks. The buttons (volume and sleep) are VERY hard to push and give zero tactile feedback. I got it free in the free case program and used it for about 1 day. Absolutely worthless. If this pixel skin case for iPad has as bad button response, it will be a loser. And why they wouldn't make it a smart cover is beyond me. If it were a smart cover, it might be a contender. But as is, it won't do well.

SmittS

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I have the pixel skin HD for iphone4 and I think it absolutely sucks. The buttons (volume and sleep) are VERY hard to push and give zero tactile feedback. I got it free in the free case program and used it for about 1 day. Absolutely worthless. If this pixel skin case for iPad has as bad button response, it will be a loser. And why they wouldn't make it a smart cover is beyond me. If it were a smart cover, it might be a contender. But as is, it won't do well.

You have a defective Pixelskin. Should email Speck for a replacement. There was a big thread about the different revisions, one with hard to press buttons.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
You have a defective Pixelskin. Should email Speck for a replacement. There was a big thread about the different revisions, one with hard to press buttons.

I will admit that was the one thing I hated about the case but looks like I have a defective one. No biggie though. Figured that if anything they would have fixed that in this version.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I have the PixelSkin for my iPhone 4 and use it instead of my Vaja. I'm awaiting some hands-on reviews of this one.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Looks nice. I think I'll wait for some online retailers get it since it's usually sold lower than MSRP.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Looks nice. I think I'll wait for some online retailers get it since it's usually sold lower than MSRP.

Or pick it up at Target (when it's available) and have 90 days to return for a full refund once you find one at the price you like. :D

kayjay

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Or pick it up at Target (when it's available) and have 90 days to return for a full refund once you find one at the price you like. :D

I was checking out the FitFolio at Target tonight, and there was an empty rack with a label for the pixel skin HD wrap there. No actual cases yet, but I'd guess they'll be in very soon. Pretty sure the posted price was $39.99. There were racks for several other iPad 2 cases, too. Looks like they're finally hitting the stores!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I was checking out the FitFolio at Target tonight, and there was an empty rack with a label for the pixel skin HD wrap there. No actual cases yet, but I'd guess they'll be in very soon. Pretty sure the posted price was $39.99. There were racks for several other iPad 2 cases, too. Looks like they're finally hitting the stores!

I don't suppose you took down the DCPI # for the PixelSkin? ;)

kayjay

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
I don't suppose you took down the DCPI # for the PixelSkin? ;)

Sorry! Rookie error, clearly. :eek: It never even occurred to me-- I was just so surprised to see so many more racks up. Last week, the only iPad 2 cases they had were the smart covers. If the DCPI# is on the label on the rack, I'll check when I'm there next-- probably Thursday. Of course, by then, it might not even be needed.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Sorry! Rookie error, clearly. :eek: It never even occurred to me-- I was just so surprised to see so many more racks up. Last week, the only iPad 2 cases they had were the smart covers. If the DCPI# is on the label on the rack, I'll check when I'm there next-- probably Thursday. Of course, by then, it might not even be needed.

No biggie. With the DCPI we can search the inventory system which seems to be working with the FitFolio.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Well glad to see they will be getting them soon. I can't wait to hear a review about this case. I just hope it isn't heavy and doesn't add a lot of bulk. If we're good on those things then I'll buy the case and finally be done with this all.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
some targets have the PixelSkin Hd Wrap in stock today. I just picked one up. Ask for Item #057000453 yfrog.com/hs91204231 $39.99

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
They only have black for now. I put a link to the pic of the box for now, in my prior post. Will take more pics later.

If its not too much trouble can we get the DCPI or ASIN off the receipt? Thanks.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
They only have black for now. I put a link to the pic of the box for now, in my prior post. Will take more pics later.

do you have a screen protector on your ipad? If so does the case cause bubbling? would love to hear about that because that would be a deal breaker for me.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If its not too much trouble can we get the DCPI or ASIN off the receipt? Thanks.

The item number is in my previous post, but here you go..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302718634.918604.jpg

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'll try to go grab one this week and compare it to my Incase Magazine Jacket.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
do you have a screen protector on your ipad? If so does the case cause bubbling? would love to hear about that because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Yes I have a screen protector, but my IPad 2 is at home, so I won't be able to try it yet. I'll letcha know when I get home. The case looks like a winner so far.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Yes I have a screen protector, but my IPad 2 is at home, so I won't be able to try it yet. I'll letcha know when I get home. The case looks like a winner so far.

Is it heavy? Does it look bulky?

PLEASE post pictures!!!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
The item number is in my previous post, but here you go.....6 View attachment 281160

Thanks.

Here is the link to search for inventory using the DCPI provided. This worked for the FitFolio and should work for this. Unfortunately I can't confirm since none in stock in my area ATM.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&asin=&dpci=057-00-0453&storeNumber=&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0001&AFID=Performics_VigLink&LNM=Primary

Ljwinter

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
haha I feel sorry for this dude, he has a case that a good portion of the board wants and now everyone is hounding him....I'll contribute

PLEASE POST PICS FROM ALL ANGLES. I've been holding out for this case from the time I found out about it. I'd like to see if in action before I get it.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
Thanks.

Here is the link to search for inventory using the DCPI provided. This worked for the FitFolio and should work for this. Unfortunately I can't confirm since none in stock in my area ATM.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&asin=&dpci=057-00-0453&storeNumber=&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0001&AFID=Performics_VigLink&LNM=Primary

says its in stock at a bunch of stores near me. thanks a lot. Good thing about buying a case in an actual store.. it's easy to return if theres anything you don't like about it.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for the link. Do you know if this shows only what's on shelves or if they have it in the back also?

I don't know. I do know that if you use the DCPI at the scanner in store it will tell you if its on an Aisle or in the Stockroom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.