Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeremyWesley

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
Thats What Ive said for weeks, you cant find any evidence of the iPhone 5 in Manufacturing because they are not making it yet. its not going to be available until LTE chips are ready. Why would Apple waste all this extra time for a silly little S.

Time Less

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Planet Earth
man, i hope sprint doesn't get the 5 exclusively. what a kick in the nuts to hear that rumor. i'm content with my att fan account.

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
Apple sells more iPhone units outside the United States than it does inside. So why is every article about iPhone 5 focused on US networks and technologies that are rarely seen outside that country?

Sorry, you've lost me. How does another carrier offering iPhone decrease the number of potential sales that Apple can make?

Apple's sole aim is to sell as many of these as possible and make as much profit as possible. Do you honestly believe Apple considers users who are "stuck on contract" when they choose to release a new phone? You signed the contract.

Sorry, as Arn pointed out, I'm confused. BGR has reported that this means Sprint exclusivity for the iPhone 5 while AT&T/Verizon get the iPhone 4S.

Perhaps that's where I'm getting lost.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ridiculous. Sprint is not getting some exclusive iPhone compared to all other carriers in the world.

cajun67

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
I have to wait until Q1 to get an iPhone 5 on AT&T? Insert Darth Vader voice here:

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

HeezyBear

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
I could be very wrong, but isn't Sprint shifting away from WiMax in order to adopt LTE?

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Has Apple learned nothing from their experiences? A 3 to 6 month head start is okay, I guess, but an exclusive agreement longer than that will cost them some business and frustrate fans stuck with other carriers.

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
Guys it's BGR, and we know about their reliability/track record :rolleyes:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Doesn't Verizon have the same amount of LTE coverage as Sprint ? If not more.

This doesn't make any sense. No more sense than MR posting varying reports over the past 4 days.

One day. No iPhone 5

Next day iPhone 5

Next day No iPhone 5

---------

I'll just wait until tomorrow and keep my blood pressure down. :p

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
This would be the stupidest thing Apple could ever do. Surely this is pure speculation. What incentive do they have to limit sales to Sprint?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
If Sprint got exclusivity to the i5 I would quit getting any Apple Phone product.

Straight ******** to previous customers.

I'd totally go Android if this happened.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Heres the report that i stated would come before 1 pm. That contradicts what was said earlier...

Sparty23

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
If that's true... PURE BULLS**T!!!

I'd rather NOT have a redesigned iPhone 5 if that's the case. I will NEVER switch to Sprint no matter what. There's no way this is legit.

Tomorrow cannot come any slower.

x120203

I would be absolutely pissed off :mad:. It's going to be my first iPhone and there's no way in hell I would switch to Sprint just to get it. A lot of people would be up in arms for this. I've had my days with Sprint and they by far were the worst. I can't see Verizon letting this go by.

kjjnk

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
So you're telling me they're going to give Sprint (who's currently working on an LTE network) a WiMax exclusive redesigned iPhone and then they are going to release an LTE iPhone in the first quarter of 2012 for Verizon and AT&T a few months after they release the 4S?

... LOL, tell me when hell freezes over.

CWT1965

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
At last credible confirmation that there will be a redesigned iPhone 5 launched

Champagne is still on ice but this has come from a world famous news source as opposed to the bedroom bloggers.

thaytis

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I don't see this happening... but if it were to happen, I'd be extremely ticked off at Apple. I waited in line on the first day for iPhone 1, and if iPhone 5 is exclusive to Sprint.... it would be a slap in the face.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.