Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGod

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
MacGod, I'm here at Oakridge as we speak! As of this writing, there's about 50 people in line so far. I'm first in line, got here at 4:30pm. =)

Thanks for the note - good luck to you - glad you are first in line!

B

MizterJayson

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Haha I was thinking the same thing...I almost wanna run by the line outside waving it in my hand yelling "You will neva get this! You will neva get this!" Until they break my legs and they "Get this..."

HAHAHA... I think that's the best post I've seen on this site...

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
I'm posting this from my iPhone 4 that Fedex delivered yesterday, laying on the sofa, in an air conditioned room... should have camped out super early at your keyboard and pre-ordered for delivery.

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
okay well preordered on the 15th and got my phone today so these people seem kind of stupid

I'm posting this from my iPhone 4 that Fedex delivered yesterday, laying on the sofa, in an air conditioned room... should have camped out super early at your keyboard and pre-ordered for delivery.

Definitely don't wanna get into any debates with all you guys calling us stupid and making fun, but I'm not regretting being out here in line by you saying that you're at home in your air-conditioned room. :rolleyes:

You have your fun, others have theirs... and some people are last minute, and some people changed their mine, and some people didn't pre-order... numerous reasons.

We're havin' a good time out here. :D

MizterJayson

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Definitely don't wanna get into any debates with all you guys calling us stupid and making fun, but I'm not regretting being out here in line by you saying that you're at home in your air-conditioned room. :rolleyes:

You have your fun, others have theirs... and some people are last minute, and some people changed their mine, and some people didn't pre-order... numerous reasons.

...Now If you all have beer and are partying out there... I'd come wait in line all night...

Can you legally approve an AT&T upgrade if you're hammered when you get in the store? :)

blastedbit

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2002
It's all okay

Their production shortages could pose a huge problem if the antenna/cell service and screen issues require mass replacements.

I did receive my iPhone 4 today (pre-order from Apple) even though I did not get the letter from Apple. It has no screen problems. No brown spots. I enclosed it in my hands and the only single that dropped strength was the WiFi (which is to be expected). Some people might be having problems, but I am thinking it might be limited. Remember, they are supposed to be shipping 600,000 units. 99.9% perfection translates to 600 unfortunate phones.

Oh, while I don't care to stand in line for the iPhone, those who are complaining about those who chose too, what about the crazy people who stand in lines for concerts and sporting events? They are not any more important (and don't last as long)... It is all a matter of personal choice. Be glad you have it :)

sjackson12

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
I figure if you're someone committed enough to stand in line overnight outside you'd be committed enough to spend all day on the 15th trying to get your preorder in!

katiesham

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2009
Georgia
I figure if you're someone committed enough to stand in line overnight outside you'd be committed enough to spend all day on the 15th trying to get your preorder in!

Why does no one believe that people honestly just want to do this?

It's not an entirely horrible experience, especially if you can get a friend or two to go with you.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008

dude where are you at?

if only my apple store was by itself i can put the tail gate down and drink

HardHatMac9

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2004
Wow. I'm so relieved I pre-ordered. Though, I can see how waiting in line could be fun. Really hope those camping out get their phones!

Castiel

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
Why does no one believe that people honestly just want to do this?

It's not an entirely horrible experience, especially if you can get a friend or two to go with you.
Agreed.
Personally, I've never waited in line for an Apple product, but it does seem intriguing. Don't let others spoil your fun :D

blastedbit

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2002
It is all relative

Do they know about the reception issues?

People complain about the reception. The reviews all seemed to come out of NYC or SFO, where there are known problems. I live in fly-over country. The phone has perfectly fine reception, we just don't pack the people in so tightly :)

Does it (or any iPhone) have the absolute best reception? Nahh, probably not. I bet my old UNIDEN 2000 had better, but then, it had a rubber 8" antenna and in the car I had a glass mount. Oh yeah, ran off of VCR batteries, too :) They called it a "Transportable" back then.

I am a firm believer that all cellular companies suck. That said, the biggest problem with the AT&T network is all of us. If the iPhone was on Verizon we would be saying the same thing about it, or Sprint, or anyone. There are just too darn many of us! I do hope the iPhone starts becoming available on other networks though, it will distribute the load (or make them all suck just as bad!) and add some competition to the market.

If you were born after 1989, I have had car phone, err, cell phone service longer than you have been alive:eek:

GentDelabor

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Agreed.
Personally, I've never waited in line for an Apple product, but it does seem intriguing. Don't let others spoil your fun :D

All of that fun, surrounded by unbathed smelly geeks talking about their favorite Babylon 5 episodes!

Oh, look, there's one nodding off. Quick, skip him while he dreams about touching a girl for the first time. Take his can of Red Bull while you're at it. Quick, quick!

Oh, look, there's Steve Wozniak, who'd be nothing today without Chuck Peddle. Chuck who? Never mind! Get Woz's autograph. Oh, Woz, sign my palm in reverse with this sharpie so I can press it against my Apple II+ and leave an imprint. *le sigh*

Oh, look, a gi-gi-girl! Nobody make eye contact!

... Lol. :cool:

Texan78

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010

Same here, that's what I am screaming...

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
Just walked outside my office. Went down the corner to the ATT store and there was not a single person waiting outside. This store is notmally packed with folks lining up for the new iphone. I will give it another look before I head home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.