Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimTheMan

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011

Nothing to see there--we already know Jobs was a successful business man of a major corporation. That sort of success necessitates some unsavory components. Anyone who is surprised at this sort of conversation:

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" Having received a satisfactory answer, he continued, "So why the **** doesn't it do that?"

Hasn't worked in a corporate environment of any significance before.

Yes, plausible deniability for the source of your manufactured goods is necessary in nearly every product based business. Is that a surprise to anyone?

Don't know why this needs to be posted--everyone here already understands Jobs had to do these things to get things done. We're celebrating the positive and ignoring the negative. That's what you do when someone dies.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
I know there is a reason a certain someone is on my ignore list, but I did catch it in a quote. LOL at the Prada? Have you looked at it? Keep clinging if you must.

(All questions are rhetorical).

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
Miss you steve...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 828
  • SteveJobs.jpg
    SteveJobs.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 78
  • stevejobs1984.jpg
    stevejobs1984.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 59

MacPioneer

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2010
Oh, geez - what memories. That motorcycle sat in the lobby at NeXT while I worked there. Made me realy miss the CB450 I left in Massachusetts when I moved to California to work for Steve.

sers

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
I tried to hold off from writing, but felt like I just had to. I never thought I would feel so sad over the death of someone that I never knew or met, but I've come to realize his contribution to society and technology has been substantial and impacted me in a positive way. Although his creations might only have been material, they have changed the way I work, communicate and play immensely.

Thank you Steve for all that you've brought into this world. Your time on earth was much too short and I'm sure you could have contributed much, much more to society if you just had the chance. You've certainly had an impact on my life. Apple keynotes just won't be the same without you.

May you rest in peace. God bless you and your family.

Written on my iPad.

monkeylui

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
A Galaxy far, far away
my first iDevice was an ipod nano. i upgraded several times and had different mp3 players. one day i decided i wanted a macbook. my wife let me buy my macbook, which just happened to be around my birthday. this was almost 3 years ago. still runs great and i can't complain. i then got the iphone 3, then the iphone 3g. my wife then fell in love and had to have one as well. now the ipads were about to be released. i said I needed to have this device. so i went early in the morning to the apple store and bought 2 of the wifi black 32gb ipads. I love apple products because of their elegance and simplicity. they really think out what they are doing with their product and it shows. i am a complete and utter fanboy. i truly love the ecosystem and the new updates that are coming tomorrow will be amazing. my iphone 4s won't ship for a couple of weeks and that's ok, i have the 3gs that i can upgrade the iOS 5.

because steve jobs was resilient in is micromanaging of every product, his tenacity to pull through and let all of genius come out of that company is why we have the products we have today.

i have to think him for putting smiles on my kids faces. they are 4 and 8. they absolutely love to use the ipad. what's so great is that i had very little instruction in showing them how to use it. they picked up on it immediately. that's insane when a computing device such as the ipad has the power in it but be user friendly at the same time. i'm in awe. every time i see those smiling faces it lights up a little part of me.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Its been a week and I still miss Steve Jobs. Reading accounts from those that knew him as well as video interviews he has done in the past I have to one conclusion: Steve Job is the man!

I think about Steve everyday I use my Mac and iPhone.

Heresy

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009
The Queen City
I have visited MacRumors for years, finally created my user name about two years ago, and stop in many times per day to read the news and blog, and browse the forums. In all that time I have never posted anything.

I think it is fitting to let my first post simply state... Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. Your products have changed the way I live my life. Your vision and commitment were inspiring. Your influence was far more transcendent than most people can imagine. Thanks for everything!

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
By far my favorite one so far

gOQ4w.jpg

edit: The local bike shop near me had this up with this caption

"In honor of the passing of Steve Jobs we give you this picture of The Man riding his BMW Motorcycles bike long before iAnything. Godspeed, Mr. Jobs"

Last edited:

The Beatles

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
doesn't anyone think its odd that a site so dedicated to the mac would take down steves memorial so soon? they took it down a couple days ago. i was confused when i came to mac rumors and didn't see it.

sort of rubs me the wrong way. like it was just another clickable item.

Gillespie81

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2011
Minnesota
i can't believe a week has gone by. over 3500 posts in 1 week on 1 site. i wonder how many people have paid their respects online through the apple site.

rip steve, thank you for your creative genius

xbjllb

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
doesn't anyone think its odd that a site so dedicated to the mac would take down steves memorial so soon? they took it down a couple days ago. i was confused when i came to mac rumors and didn't see it.

sort of rubs me the wrong way. like it was just another clickable item.

Apple may be a cult, but MacRumors is not its Bible.

:apple:

davidsdiego

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2011
San Diego, CA
Remembering the iCon

I figured I'd share what I wrote to Apple...

The visionary who gave us hope and inspiration for technological breakthroughs and enriched lifestyles; may he never be forgotten.

I have never heard of Steve Jobs till I purchased my first iPhone. I seen him in a documentary when I was a kid, although I didn't acknowledge it. I wanted an iPhone when it first premiered. However, there was no coverage at my location at the time. I had an imitation iPhone interface on my windows mobile smartphone and then later settled for a blackberry. If my blackberry hadn't broken in my pocket, when I was playing pool in a bar, I would have never experienced the realm of Apple. Perhaps things happen for a reason, despite they seem immensely bad at the time.

It has enhanced my life for the better! I know the great minds of Woz, Raskin, XEROX PARC, and others have credit as well. Although, no one had the charisma and marketing skills as Jobs. I thank him and all his loved ones for inspiring him to create insanely great innovations!

My sincerely condolences to him and his family! May he rest in peace...

David
http://www.youtube.com/davidsdiego

MacPioneer

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2010
By far my favorite one so far

edit: The local bike shop near me had this up with this caption

"In honor of the passing of Steve Jobs we give you this picture of The Man riding his BMW Motorcycles bike long before iAnything. Godspeed, Mr. Jobs"

That bike was in the lobby at NeXT while I worked there. Someone told me that Steve had had a spill, and never rode it again - dunno if that's true or not.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
In the current TIME that features Steve Jobs, there is an image. I found it on the Time App at least. There is a picture of Steve Jobs in his home office in 2004. I love this image. It is much messier than you one would think. He has a monstrous (obviously 30 inch) Apple Cinema Display, with an iSight on top. There are some external drives, the one in particular that is made to look like a tiny Mac Pro. You see a video and still camera there too.

Wow. What a great imagine. I wish we had more of Steve's home office.

I bet it might have changed some in the later years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.