Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ed91

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Personally, I'm amazed he didn't use them on airport security after they told him he couldn't take them on his plane.

DrFillster

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2008
Brings Corporate Espionage to a whole new level!

Kimmel and Letterman are going to have a field-day with this one :D

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
and, of course, with his sense of entitlement, Jobs thinks he is above the law and airport security procedure....

paulypants

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Buffalo, NY
MacRumors has really become a waste of internet bandwidth. Isn't it about time to rename it MacGossip? Pathetic.

And yet you took the time to comment on it. By the way you're sounding I'd expect that you've been coming here since the beginning, but instead I was shocked to see that it's been a whopping 3 yrs.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
LOL are you seriuos? These example doesn't fit. You know what you're buying, nobody forcing you to do anything. o you want a completely free mobile device? No app moderation? Enjoy your patethic andriod store and experience the chaos! You are free, don't try to sound as poor slave forced to do something.

I agree with Jobs. That IS insane. If I wanted to bring an M16 and 10,000 rounds of ammo onto my private jet, who the hell are the Japanese or anyone for that matter to say that I can't. It's my freakin' plane. I could run it into the ground and that'll do a lot more damage than any ninja throwing stars might.

This is just an example of people trying to feel important. They want to impose their power upon a powerful person just because they can.

Steve should try Canada. Guaranteed after 10 minutes of talking to Canada Customs & Immigration he'd vow never to return.

No. As it's been said - the airport in question only has one general security area. So security was doing THEIR JOB. And if you were at the airport and knew someone was carrying contraband - you'd care. You'd care a lot. It's easy to sit in your chair from a distance with your total love for Apple and Jobs and point the finger elsewhere though, isn't it?

Unrelated (mostly) but I had a woman at a supermarket profusely apologize to me because she asked to see my driver's license when I used my credit card. She examined it closely and then said that she was very sorry to have to do that. I smiled at her and told her she should never apologize for doing her job and making sure someone is who they say they are. Apparently there are jerks who give her a hard time about this. Makes NO sense.

And as for the first comment I quoted above. No. YOU might know what you're buying. Don't project what you know on the millions of people who just buy iPhones because it's the newest gadget who have NO idea what they are getting themselves into. Who don't know how to sync to their computer. Who don't use 1/100th of what the iPhone can do. Who have never bought an app, and so on. And it's naive to think that there aren't people like this. There are. Thousands of them.

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Jobs: "I'm never visiting Japan again."

Sony: "WIN!!"

Now we know why dude always wears black...it just makes it quicker to change into his costume.

sorry - I'm at work so only MS Paint :p

Attachments

• jobsninja.jpg
    jobsninja.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 354

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I think I would be a little ticked off too, but its not Japan's fault, its the airport security rules.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
On the other hand, it shows how removed from everyday life Jobs (or anyone at his level of wealth and power) is, to assume that he wouldn't/shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

Isn't that one of the reasons to accumulate wealth and power in the first place?

gathart

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
I am sure this was for one of his teenage kids and not for personal use. He is a buddist after all. After his horrific disease i am glad he takes some time with his family to see the world. Kyoto is after all a great place. And hopefully he'll come back refreshed and will sort out the increasingly amount of ''mistakes'' coming from the Apple firm and gives us nice new gadgets we didn't know we needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.