Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clown Boy

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2008
"I will never visit Japan again", what a pathetic over-reaction, who the hell does he think he is? He is maybe a captain of industry but as far as I am aware that does not give someone immunity from the laws of a foreign country.

Along with driving a car with no licence plates, this is the most petty, pathetic thing I have ever heard of.

Steve Jobs = Fail, once again.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 4

thecartoonguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
zjj8s1.jpg

C.

AWESOME!

Master Chief

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Not a problem...

Steve: Rings a buddy at Liquidmetal.
Liquidmetal: Hi Steve. What can I do for you?
Steve: I want my freaking Ninja Stars.
Liquidmetal: Sure. No problem. We'll mail you some.
Steve: Awesome.

Note: Apple essentially acquired all of Liquidmetal's intellectual property assets.

Edit: Crap. I just noticed the bananas post. Nah. Not made from Liquidmetal.

ryuworks

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Singapore
Have been at that very airport many times myself and have to say that I agree with Jobs. The management of that airport is totally chaotic and very often its staff don't know what the heck they are doing.

I took an nonsensical 2 hours to clear customs the last time I was there.

Hate to fly direct into KIX.

paduck

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
I agree with Jobs. That IS insane. If I wanted to bring an M16 and 10,000 rounds of ammo onto my private jet, who the hell are the Japanese or anyone for that matter to say that I can't. It's my freakin' plane. I could run it into the ground and that'll do a lot more damage than any ninja throwing stars might.

This is just an example of people trying to feel important. They want to impose their power upon a powerful person just because they can.

Steve should try Canada. Guaranteed after 10 minutes of talking to Canada Customs & Immigration he'd vow never to return.

The point is that prohibited items are not allowed into the security area. Sure, he isn't going to hijack his own plane, but once the weapons are inside the security area, anyone can get them. Now, I think that TSA's "shoe" requirement is insane, but banning bladed weapons makes plenty of sense - even in Japan. Just pack the things in your checked luggage and you can bring out just about anything.

And as for "never visiting Japan" again - I don't know if that statement is an accurate quote. But if it is? Japan is the world's third largest economy and is gadget mad? I suspect Steve will be there again - at least on business.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Bloomberg based this on the news from Spa! magazine which appears to be a gossip magazine so the entirety of this story is compromised...

Also, why shuriken? he probably really went to Japan to buy tantō swords as a gift to the iPhone 4 antenna enginneers so that they could perform proper Seppuku while he watches them fix the problem :D

when-sorry-just-isnt-good-enough-seppuku-harakiri-sorry-demotivational-poster-1265254435.jpg

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
I agree with Jobs. That IS insane. If I wanted to bring an M16 and 10,000 rounds of ammo onto my private jet, who the hell are the Japanese or anyone for that matter to say that I can't.

Because you might go through security with your weapon to board your private plane, but then after you get through security, give your weapon to someone boarding a public plane.

It's pretty obvious why you can't bring weapons through security at the airport. It's not like they have a separate "private plane security" section. Even if there was, you could give a weapon to someone who works on another private plane.

You want to take weapons on your plane, don't land it at a public airport.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
Go ninja, go ninja, go!

Yes, Steve is a ninja; after all, he wears a black turtleneck. So this shows that he is...wait for it...a ninja turtle!

Ok, I'll go back in my hole. :rolleyes:

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
rather amusing to read it is a pleasure to read the fortuitousness of others at times kind of brightens up the day another air incident resolved. Next we will be hearing hes gone for karate lessons with Mr. Kesuke Miyagi that bloke from karate kid could show him how to really use chop sticks

mcmlxix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
I've said it before...I bet Steve has an elite core of ninjas to do his bidding. They're outfitted all in black...including black turtle necks and have throwing stars shaped like apples.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.