Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
controversial! :rolleyes:

You guys will not believe this but Steve Jobs founded apple, hired some dude from pepsi then got fired. Mental.

Oops, should've said spoilers.

I'm sure the controversy has more to do with Apple not wanting to appear to be profiting from or exploiting his death, while not denying access to the film to those who are truly interested in seeing it.

trunten

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2007
Don't be so flippant, the unedited interview contains Jobs' full thoughts on Microsoft and he doesn't hold back. He's also completely right about them too.

I had watched it. All in all quite dull as we've heard/read much of it before. I was really hoping for something more hence my tongue-in-cheek remark.

You are of course right re. microsoft. They did make third rate products (I say did as I quite like Office 2010 and windows 7).

msandersen

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Don't be surprised if Mark Stephens (Cringely) is lying about the controversial nature just to draw attention to the video... He has been known to do so in the past.
Well he once rehashed an email I sent him for his online column, quoting 5-6 paragraphs verbatum and paraphrasing several others, and passed it all off as his own work. So yes he's a plagiarist. I'll wait for the Torrent, not that it is available down here in Australia any other way.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
So once again again the is a geo-based restriction, yet content providers still wonder why pirating continues... Speaking of which, link?

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Why do they call this the Lost Interview? Shouldn't it be called the Found Interview? If it is in fact Lost, we wouldn't be able to view it, now would we?

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
some one said they would look on pirate bay

I just found it by useing google with the keyword torrent first post.

senseless

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Triumph Of The Nerds was a riveting documentary, for those that haven't seen it.

"I held out for the money". (Cringely on turning down Apple stock in the early days because he wanted cash instead).

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Why do they call this the Lost Interview? Shouldn't it be called the Found Interview? If it is in fact Lost, we wouldn't be able to view it, now would we?

There are a lot of things that say they are the lost interview. its normal.

"The found interview" does not have the same ring as lost.

----------

the one i found has a password...wtf people... and I must pay to get it.

wow, a new low for pirates.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
There are a lot of things that say they are the lost interview. its normal.

"The found interview" does not have the same ring as lost.

----------

the one i found has a password...wtf people... and I must pay to get it.

wow, a new low for pirates.

Download the text document first next time to see if it's a scam. Even if you paid to get the password, it's likely not even what you are looking for.

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Well I tricjked out the website with the passwords on it, none of them worked. I gave up.

I hate it when people do that, Makes pirates look like ass holes.

Pirating is sharing and caring.

Not sharing but being a giant prick and trying to scam people.

oh well its on youtube. thats where i sceen it.

Jobs was right on though

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Guys, don't rent this. What a bit and it will be up on Youtube or free somewhere.

This guy is a LIAR, PLAGIARIST & Scammer! Do you think it was really lost? He has been sitting on this for a while. I don't believe one thing Cringely says. See the provided link below that another fellow MR poster gave us.

He does not deserve your money.

PROOF HE LIED ABOUT HIS "DR." Degree & Professorship. .

Pirate it or youtube it, WHy spend money on it anyways? LOL

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Guys, don't rent this. What a bit and it will be up on Youtube or free somewhere.

This guy is a LIAR, PLAGIARIST & Scammer! Do you think it was really lost? He has been sitting on this for a while. I don't believe one thing Cringely says. See the provided link below that another fellow MR poster gave us.

He does not deserve your money.

PROOF HE LIED ABOUT HIS "DR." Degree & Professorship. .

I was wondering the same thing about this "lost interview". Sounds like a scam to me and someone just cashing in on Jobs death. The use of "lost" is relative anyways. I never lost this interview. Did you? It should be titled, "Interview probably not seen by most people", but that isn't as dramatic.

DrMotownMac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan
Say what you will about Cringely, but I just finished watching this (after renting from iTunes), and I thought it was incredible. Yes, it's mostly all stuff that most of us already know. But it was fascinating for me to hear, in Steve's words, what he thought about Apple, Scully, Microsoft, and the then-future of the computer industry. He saw a future where the Web would dominate the industry, and where TASTE would drive the sales of the next great things.

How right he was. Absolutely remarkable, when you see this in the context of knowing how things ultimately developed. If you're an Apple enthusiast (pretty much assumed if you're reading MacRumors), you will love watching this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.