Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surferuke

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
you are right, somewhat

I think the iPod touch will get the larger storage before the iPhone so Steve can discontinue the iPod classic ASAP.

right about getting rid of the ipod classic. seriously, how many millenia would it take to listen or watch 160gb of media. it was not necessarily a step back, but definately off to the side.

the ipod touch does not compare to the iphone for elegance and usable features, but it was at least a wonderful product development.

so looks like i'll be waiting until late summer for iphone 2?

ipodless, iphoneless, macbookless, itvless, but happy and anxiously awaiting iphone 2

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
Well I can see it being a simple affair.

1). junk info on sales of macs going up, best year yet etc etc etc
2). announcement of upgraded mac pro (well it would be about time for one :rolleyes:), maybe display updates to match, with a 24" to replace the current 23"
3). Announcement of 3G iphone for release 6 months later like last one.
4). info regarding iphone software program
5) if were really lucky a smaller macbook pro or updates to bto options (say blu ray for example)

silent update to mac mini assuming it isn't discontinued.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
I think the iPod touch will get the larger storage before the iPhone so Steve can discontinue the iPod classic ASAP.

Hah, good one. iPod touch doesn't even have a hard disk mode. That, coupled with the huge capacity needs to come to the iPod touch. And then there's still the issue of no tactile feedback, which'll always be irritating.

harrisone23

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
new theory

I need a new laptop... looking for an iPhone too. i hope there wil be a new redesigned mac books and pros and a 3g iphone.

Also what the hell is an iPhone nano???? also the penryns ARE infact coming in Jan for mobile units!

jshalvorsen

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
I really hope there will be updates to the 15,4" MBP's, shipping one month later. I'm still using my iBook G4(and the Mac Pro's at the Uni.), but with more and more video, flash and photo stuff to do I really need a laptop that can handle it all so I can work more at home(I've already waited one semester for the update, so I'm not gonna buy the current 15,4" anyway).

Please let there be MBP's with Penryn!(fingers crossed)

The BTO upgrade to the MBP's didn't even get an announcement, so I really don't think we can consider it a "real" update.

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
What I would like ....

I know what I would like to see. I'd like an Apple, hfs (or zfs) formatted NAS. I use a dns323 that is slower than dirt. And no, I really don't want to hang drives off of my airport because there is no redundancy. I would like it to have 2 or preferably 4 bays, expand as you wish, raid (totally mirrored), gigabit and a built in Itunes server. Heck, make that a high end apple tv and I'll wet myself right here and now. it could look something like the old cube, just big enough for 4 sata drives and the circuit board. Plug the drives in from the bottom so the lines stay very clean. Make it all aluminum with a soft glowing apple on the front and a small opening for the remote control sensor. Can you imagine? oh, did I mention, I would like my macbooks to be able to use that for time machine.

jacekwo

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2007
Has anyone seen the keynote before?

A buddy of mine is trying to get me to go out there, has two tickets and his friend backed out. Is it worth the trip - mind I am in NY.

Well, now that my PowerBook's been sold off and all that's left, workstation-wise, is my iMac G4/800, I'm definitely in the market for a new Mac. I'm jonesing to see what happens at MW2008.

I think I can hold out for at least a few more months, but this 800MHz business is really starting to get old.

<babylon_5>

What do I want? Well...

I want to be there when they put BillG's head on a pike and put it in the courtyard as a reminder that some OS choices come with too high of a price. I would stand there and wave at his lifeless eyes like this: [waves just like Vir Cotto]

</babylon_5>

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
<babylon_5>

What do I want? Well...

I want to be there when they put BillG's head on a pike and put it in the courtyard as a reminder that some OS choices come with too high of a price. I would stand there and wave at his lifeless eyes like this: [waves just like Vir Cotto]

</babylon_5>

Find your closest anger management course, and sign up ASAP.

Windows and Mac OSX are just operating systems - they're just tools for a purpose, not the meaning of life.

John Musbach

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007

As if there was any doubt, IDG World Expo announced today (via Macworld) that Steve Jobs will be giving the keynote at Macworld 2008.

The keynote address will occur on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008 at 9:00 AM PST in Moscone West at San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center.

For those attending Macworld, MacRumors members are arranging a meetup. Of course, for those unable to attend, MacRumors will provide live coverage of the keynote via MacRumorsLive, with continued coverage from the show floor throughout the conference.

Article Link

Doesn't Steve Jobs always do the keynote at Macworld? Makes me wonder why this is news worthy... :confused:

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007

2). announcement of upgraded mac pro (well it would be about time for one :rolleyes:), maybe display updates to match, with a 24" to replace the current 23"
5) if were really lucky a smaller macbook pro or updates to bto options (say blu ray for example)

I just can't see them announcing an new iphone at this time as it would probably decrease sales of the current model. I would expect them to announce the new model very close to when it is released.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I just can't see them announcing an new iphone at this time as it would probably decrease sales of the current model. I would expect them to announce the new model very close to when it is released.

Keep in mind that when Macworld rolls around, HP/Dell/Lenovo/Asus/Toshiba/Fujitsu will have already announced and shown Penryn-based laptops the previous week at CES.

It will be a poor showing if all that The Lord God Jobs has to say is "Blu-ray optional".

Also, Intel will be showing a number of Silverthorne prototypes at CES. If Apple plans to "keep up with the crowd" and introduce a MID (Mobile Internet Device) with a 5" to 7" screen next summer, then showing a "Newton II" prototype at MWSF'08 would be a possibility.

Apple to Adopt Intel Ultra-Mobile Platform?

It would also make sense that the "Ultra-portable" rumour might be a mixup of two different new products. One would be a thin 12" or 13" widescreen PowerBook replacement - something with about a MacBook footprint but much thinner and less plastic-like. Smaller, but in no way an "ultra-portable".

The second new product would be the UMPC (aka "Newton II" coming out in the summer).

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002

This is what I'm really, really, really hoping for.

JAM8086

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
right about getting rid of the ipod classic. seriously, how many millenia would it take to listen or watch 160gb of media. it was not necessarily a step back, but definately off to the side.

You don't need to have millenia worth of audio or video to have more than 80 GB (the second largest ipod capacity). Ripping CDs at the highest possible quality makes it very easy to take up more than 80 GB. You may say that only a few people, namely music and film nuts, would have that much audio/video, and be picky enough to put them on their computer at the highest quality...but then again, you have to realize that a very large percentage of Apple's consumers are music and film nuts.

Also, I am personally very happy that they kept the old ipod design because it makes it very easy to pause/play, fast forward/rewind, switch songs, and (if you really know your ipod controls) do some other more involved things without even looking at the device or taking it out of your pocket...and you know it's just going to keep getting smaller, which is always a good thing...i wouldn't be surprised if in a few years, they could fit 160 GB into the current nano outfit.

And if you're going to go for the ipod touch with the lower capacity and higher price than the classic, you might as well just buy an iphone.

The 160 GB ipod classic is a wonderful machine...it allows you to carry your entire 500+ CD collection in your pocket (at CD quality!), and it is incredibly simple and easy to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.