Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scythe5

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Oh the Apple Maps app comment is SOoooooo original. How did you ever come up with it?

That's what I love about Apples fans. Say something in jest or an outright criticism and they get all defensive and snarky.

Thanks for being Jackass of the Day!

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
I love beautiful boats...

and that ain't one.

Sorry, but it's not. Want to see beautiful boats? Pick up any issue of Wooden Boat Magazine... You won't find a picture of S. Jobs boat in there.

frozen220

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
iMacs...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and I know I'll probably get blasted for saying it, but how much you wanna bet all that software to run the ship is running on Windows?

Just sayin...

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and I know I'll probably get blasted for saying it, but how much you wanna bet all that software to run the ship is running on Windows?

Just sayin...

Well, if it's the release build of 8 that I have been using for a bit, the Sea Trials will be long. Metro or Mouse, Metro, or Mouse. Steep learning curve. :rolleyes:

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008

Just sayin...

i am willing to bet your $20 it runs on linux or unix.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I t it was ugly at first...but it's kind of growing on me. I might buy the next revision.

RVdave

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
The Jobs zillion dollar yacht is launched, an employee is paid two million a month to stay, billions of dollars of sales, etc., etc. Oh, BTW, you'll have to pony up another $30 to connect your latest Apple offering to all the peripherals you bought for your previous Apple version. My condolences to the PR folks, you have some challenging times ahead. The cracks are starting to appear!

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
On the outside one could make that it is actually more Asian, or Buddhist in design.

The interior layout is very minimalistic, very Zen like. Mr. Wright was a minimalist. One could easily describe the yacht as a minimalist design, IMO.

Just saying. :apple:

You're talking about the ship, right?

Since I doubt that you've been inside Laurene's Santa Rita home to comment on its decor.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Like destroying the teachers' unions by funding studies/charter schools that rely on standardized tests no one believes in. Thank you Gates Foundation for helping kill off extra-curriculars, trades and the arts!!!

Hold on a sec'. You are saying charter schools are ruining schooling? You obviously haven't looked at the standard public schools.

----------

Yes I know. I was just being sarcastic in my post. Bill & Melinda have done amazing things. One of the greatest, is the example they set for their peers like Larry Ellison, who is another selfish narcissist in the image of Steve Jobs.

Example? Like, wait until you've been sued by govts for monopolistic behavior and are at least a $50billionaire before deciding to do stuff for other people?

Yeah, Ellison and Jobs are right on that.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Example? Like, wait until you've been sued by govts for monopolistic behavior and are at least a $50billionaire before deciding to do stuff for other people?

Yeah, Ellison and Jobs are right on that.

Bill Gates was never sued. And Jobs is dead.

And it seems that Jobs bought a boat instead of doing stuff for other people.

brewno

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I know we are all Apple's fans and all, but for a moment I thought MacRumors had become a People's magazine. Who cares about his yatch? I came here for Apple's stuff. Stuff I can buy. :rolleyes:

macs4nw

macrumors 601
That thing is sooooooo fugly.

It's not my taste either; no 'curb appeal'. If it wasn't white, it would almost look like a submarine. STARCK won't be designing MY yacht, LOL. But taste of course is very subjective, WE don't have to like it.

It must be a sad day for Laurene and the children.
Wonder if she'll sell it; this yacht is going to be a lot of sad memories for them.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.