Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrayz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
I just got my iPhone this morning at the Apple Store in Valley Fair (San Jose, CA) and Steve Wozniak was there.

I arrived at 3:50am and Mr. Woz was chopping it up with the manager at Apple. Then around 4:30am he politely asked everyone in line if he could be the 1st to get his iPhone at the store and everyone said yes.

(Pic taken on 1st gen edge iPhone)
1.jpg

Then at 5:54am the store decided to start selling iPhones (1 hour and 6 mins ahead of schedule)...I wasn't complaining :)

I got a cool shot with him

(Pic taken on my new iPhone 3G S, but had a n00b person taking the pic)
2.jpg

Then I got him to sign my box...I get the special Woz Edition
(Pic also taken on my new iPhone 3G S)
3.jpg

I was about the 15th person in line. I *heart* APPLE!

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
That’s awesome that he showed up but it makes me wonder how come we never have anyone cool show up in NC? :confused:

djrayz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Did Woz paid as much as everyone else? Or did he have a started the company discount?

Woz paid for his iPhone. He said he didn't want to have one shipped to his house and be around a few people. He wanted to be around everyone and enjoy the energy.

The cool thing was that everyone started cheering him as he entered the store as to be the 1st at that store to purchase the iPhone 3G S.

I'm happy they started selling early.

veritech137

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Why does he even have to buy one? I figured he could make a couple phone calls and obtain one easy.

Edit: nm above poster answered++

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
That is cool as hell... I like the signature box also.... :D THose pics look a little fuzzy.. Am I the only one seeing this.?

James

atomic3

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
That is really cool!!! Based on what I have read and seen, he seems like a very humble and all around good guy. It says a lot when a multi-billionaire takes time out of his day to go spend time with the customers that made the company he co-founded successful, and couldn't be happier to do it.

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
(Pic taken on 1st gen edge iPhone)
1.jpg

That's me with the beanie. He was showing off his fancy watch and retelling some stories of the TSA mistaking it for a bomb.

We also had the girl next to us come up to him and tell him "I'm a big fan of Apple, Mr. Bill Gates." He got a big kick out of that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.