Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I would have said "no". ;) Either get to the back of the line, or turn up hours before opening like everybody else if you want to be first in line! Lazy f***er.

[/cagerattling]

I wouldn't let hin cut either, I would have been mad if I walked up after waiting in line and was told the person in front of me bought the last one. And the woz had cut.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I wouldn't let hin cut either, I would have been mad if I walked up after waiting in line and was told the person in front of me bought the last one. And the woz had cut.

Considering the OP arrived AFTER Woz did, and still got an iPhone, I don't think that would have been an issue.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
WoW!

Woz paid for his iPhone. He said he didn't want to have one shipped to his house and be around a few people. He wanted to be around everyone and enjoy the energy.

The cool thing was that everyone started cheering him as he entered the store as to be the 1st at that store to purchase the iPhone 3G S.

I'm happy they started selling early.

Th:cool:at's bloody awesome!

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
of course....

You'd think he would have some better connections and could get it before the rest of us ;)

Of course he could have had it sent to his house. He's Woz man.
He obviously chose to be there.

And it's great for those that were there.

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
BTW, he drives a Prius. He was in front of me as we entered the freeway onramp. I think he noticed me and started to speed away. He was going at least 80 MPH on the freeway. I wasn't going to stalk him. In fact, I got off the next exit to get gas!

:eek:

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
BTW, he drives a Prius. He was in front of me as we entered the freeway onramp. I think he noticed me and started to speed away. He was going at least 80 MPH on the freeway. I wasn't going to stalk him. In fact, I got off the next exit to get gas!

:eek:

Well with a user name like Woz Beard you gotta admit it looks suspicious… ;)

Poor Woz. Out to collect a couple iPhones to play with and he runs into MacRumors' resident Woz-lookalike. :p:p

Que

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
UK
brilliant start to iphone 3g s day.

i'm going to say this for the first time EVER (and probably the last).....

excellent thread.

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
He is very friendly and outgoing. I asked him to sign my box (black) and he went around the store asking for a metallic Sharpie while holding my box because he didn't want to sign it in black.

He even told me his entire schedule on Sunday because he was supposed to appear at this local duck race. He just treated me like he knew me for years.

:apple:

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
He is very friendly and outgoing. I asked him to sign my box (black) and he went around the store asking for a metallic Sharpie while holding my box because he didn't want to sign it in black.

He even told me his entire schedule on Sunday because he was supposed to appear at this local duck race. He just treated me like he knew me for years.

:apple:

No wonder he freaked out when he saw you tailing him.

;)

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
I just got my iPhone this morning at the Apple Store in Valley Fair (San Jose, CA) and Steve Wozniak was there.

I arrived at 3:50am and Mr. Woz was chopping it up with the manager at Apple. Then around 4:30am he politely asked everyone in line if he could be the 1st to get his iPhone at the store and everyone said yes.

(Pic taken on 1st gen edge iPhone)
1.jpg

Awesome man! And next year when he buys his phone, just think, you'll be able to take a MUCH better photo, focused and all ;-)

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Am I the only one who can't see all these pictures?

Also, it's a little odd that Wozniak had to buy his new iPhone today. I thought top APPLE guys and development guys had them for months to 'test'. It's not like they don't test the final version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.