Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipster

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2011
The idea of a white iPhone is nice, but I'm OVER these articles.

I know I could do a conversion kit, but I don't really feel like spending the money.

If there were was a white iPhone, I would've gotten that off the bat. And I'm a dude.

applefan69

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2007
Some people don't care of AT&T.
Some people don't care of the latest iPhone.
There still are 3GS for sale.
There will be iPhone 4s when the 5th will be out.

just gotta also agree with this guy!

I have a 3GS, im holding off until the iPhone 5. I love the new look on the 4, but my 3GS performs just as good as any iPhone I have ever seen, so no need for the new one. Ill probably keep my iPhone 5 for 2 generations too.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
I've always wondered how the Woz is still relevant to today's Apple... I guess he is... Now it makes me wonder if he's gonna replace Steve Jobs as CEO! Is that even possible?

I actually had the same momentary lapse of reason. It is intriguing to imagine that in Jobs' absence, Cook will start to let Woz dribble out hints of future product announcements, slowly align the public mind with Woz as just as much the Apple guy as Jobs. Cook would still run all the business day-to-day, but Woz would be hoisted up as the larger-than-life guy that Apple needs. I say "needs" because Apple without Jobs is like Dallas without J.R. Ewing. But imagine Woz leading the company back to its egalitarian roots. It might not be good for the stock price, but it would be good for the soul of the company, and certainly good for its customers.

Well, one can imagine anyway.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
the screen looks dimmer with the white body. will the white iPhone noticeably make the screen a lot dimmer so you will have to increase the brightness and so lose more battery life?

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Awesome, then I'll get one when the 5 is released. I still have a white 3GS and no interest in the 4... partly because of the color.

joesporleder

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
Kansas
Woz is having too much fun being Woz!

I actually had the same momentary lapse of reason. It is intriguing to imagine that in Jobs' absence, Cook will start to let Woz dribble out hints of future product announcements, slowly align the public mind with Woz as just as much the Apple guy as Jobs. Cook would still run all the business day-to-day, but Woz would be hoisted up as the larger-than-life guy that Apple needs. I say "needs" because Apple without Jobs is like Dallas without J.R. Ewing. But imagine Woz leading the company back to its egalitarian roots. It might not be good for the stock price, but it would be good for the soul of the company, and certainly good for its customers.

Well, one can imagine anyway.

Woz was here in Kansas last Tuesday as a guest speaker of a no till farming conference. His part of the conference was basically a town hall type of a chat, discussing innovation. Woz told us that business just wasn't his thing - being an engineer and creating and designing is what he cares about. It was a cool chance to meet him and I think he is having way to much fun traveling all over and meeting people to be too much involved in Apple.

jouster

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

ArchaicRevival said:
I've always wondered how the Woz is still relevant to today's Apple... I guess he is... Now it makes me wonder if he's gonna replace Steve Jobs as CEO! Is that even possible?

He isn't relevant to Apple in 2011. I mean, he's a legend and deserves his place in the company's history, but his work for Apple ended many years ago. As for his being CEO: so unlikely as to be barely worth considering. He would he completely unsuited to the job -- his post-Apple work has been largely unsuccessful -- and even if he were someone they'd consider, I doubt he'd be remotely interested.

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Woz has one of the best jobs in the world. He gets paid for doing nothing and gets to have all the latest toys.

JJC80

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2004
California
Erm, nearly every phone on the UK market is avaiable in white:

lg-gt540-optimus-android-white-sim-free-unlocked-mobile-phone-d.jpg

htc-desire-white-pl.jpg

wildfire-white-pl.jpg

5230-white-pl1.jpg

Etc etc

Yeah, but it's the US market that matters.

michaelcyee

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
No! The white iPhone can't be released! It needs a few more months to join the pantheon of rumored-but-never-delivered. That includes Duke Nukem Forever (until it goes gold in May), the PowerBook G5, and the Verizon iPhone (recently forced to retire).

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Woz has one of the best jobs in the world. He gets paid for doing nothing and gets to have all the latest toys.

Steve Wozniak said during The Engadget Show that he receives a check from Apple every week for only a few hundred of dollars. I'm sure he has stocks in Apple, but he makes his money from investing in other start up companies and making appearances (oh, and printing his own money).

His biggest perk with Apple is that he still gets Health Insurance, and he has a Master key to the entire building.

I have seen Woz twice now at the Valley Fair Mail in Santa Clara , Ca for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS launch. He waits in line just like everyone else and he pays for all of his gadgets. He is an awesome guy.

EugenexYew

macrumors regular
I'd get the white iPhone 4.

Simply because iPhone 5 would MOST probably be just a speed bump + redesigned antenna.

HOWEVER, if the iPhone 5 had a killer feature, say an 8.1 megapixel camera or dual-core processors, I'd say, "FML."

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Can't wait! Pawning off our four black iPhone 4s to family members when the whites launch.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Make no mistake, Wozniak was the real talent when Apple first started. Jobs would be nowhere where he is today without Wozniak's brilliant mind from the beginning. Yet, Jobs seems to get all the credit nowadays.

Yes, some of these kids dont show him the respect he deserves!

epictempo

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Fake Issues?

I've had 2 white converted kits and they've had no issues whatsoever other than it being white. The issues may be created by Apple just to prolong the popularity of the iP4. I really don't think the iP5 is coming anytime soon esp. since Verizon is just now getting the same exact iP4. The phone is selling like hotcakes still, Apple is going to milk it dry. I'd expect an iPhone 4(x) before 5.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 9.12.31 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 9.12.31 AM.png
    144 KB · Views: 83

ludachrisvt

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Virginia
there needs to be an update to this article!

Woz never confirmed nor denied ANYTHING about t he white iPhone. He said that on the blog sites it had been speculated on the blog sites that the paint/flash photo issues were the cause of the phone not being released.

He further stated that he had seen speculation on the blog sites of the eminent release of the white iphone (see articles about the white iphone being in bestbuy/att/verizon stock lists) just like we all have. He doesn't know anything.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Woz never confirmed nor denied ANYTHING about t he white iPhone. He said that on the blog sites it had been speculated on the blog sites that the paint/flash photo issues were the cause of the phone not being released.

He further stated that he had seen speculation on the blog sites of the eminent release of the white iphone (see articles about the white iphone being in bestbuy/att/verizon stock lists) just like we all have. He doesn't know anything.

I agree.

I saw his appearance on Sunday and what he said regarding the White iPhone, and I thought to myself, "Yup, this is going to be a headline tomorrow."

Sure enough, Headlines "Woz confirms White iPhone 4 to be released soon,"
and I just keep thinking to myself "So no one watched his interview."

He never confirmed anything, he said his guess was based on what he reads on Engadget.

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
I got the iPhone4 in September and will keep it when I get the Verizon iPhone later this month. Whenever the white iPhone is available, I am considering adding it to my stable of phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.