Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcam117

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2012
Basically my question is simple, does anyone know if you're able to get a black Friday discount while using a university student discount on a 15" rMbp?

I tried searching before and didn't find Anything. I'm in a country where I can't contact apple's live chat, I would have otherwise tried to ask them.

Last edited:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Not sure. I checked on the Australia store, and at least there it won't let you get both.

TooSmooth

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
Basically my question is simple, does anything know if you're able to get a black Friday discount while using a university student discount on a 15" rMbp?

I tried searching before and didn't find Anything. I'm in a country where I can't contact apple's live chat, I would have otherwise tried to ask them.

I remember some people on here reporting that some stores (i think it was bestbuy, maybe apple) gave them an additional discount over the sale. But IIRC it was only $50

verseafterverse

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2013
I remember some people on here reporting that some stores (i think it was bestbuy, maybe apple) gave them an additional discount over the sale. But IIRC it was only $50

I looked in to that not to long ago the deal isn't going on with black friday.

6mtg37s

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
Looks like you can't do it in the US either, I recently got a mbpr with the education discount and I just checked it was the same price and they didn't offer the 150$ gift card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.