Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I've done all my homework for the week so now I've devoted my free time during the rest of the week/weekend to studying. My problem is fighting the temptation to partake in the "mile high" lifestyle during the next two weeks
I've ended up doing a lot of study over the years and tried many ways. The favourite way that has stuck with me is to study whilst riding. I have some great country hills and quiet roads from my home. I have some wireless headphones and pop on a few lectures. It's amazing how much you can get in the zone and retain. A few hours out can get through a fair bit of detail. And then get home and keep going. With a bit of exercise in the mix I find I have the energy to keep going and get though a lot. It's not for everyone though.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
My strategy for studying is to look over my notes for about half an hour, go do something else, then come back for about an hour and study more. Then, the morning of the exam, I just relax and go about my normal daily routine until about 10 minutes before the exam, when I cram. Seems to work for me usually.

Reactions: AngerDanger

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
This Sunday is my first final of my last semester of college. Absolutely crazy. I already have a job lined up and I will be moving to Michigan in January to work in vehicle development in Ann Arbor, MI.

MileHighPilot

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
the tips i got in college were to get a lot of rest and don't try and cram
years later among other jobs i am an adjunct professor where i see students who pull all nighters and cram tend to do worse than those who didnt.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
the tips i got in college were to get a lot of rest and don't try and cram
years later among other jobs i am an adjunct professor where i see students who pull all nighters and cram tend to do worse than those who didnt.
I've crammed for pretty much every test I've taken lol... But my grades definitely haven't been so hot

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
i think kids these days just bing drink Starbucks and take adderall/ritalin to "Study" for exams at the library. Try that OP
I'm going to have to second working at the library. That was by far the best way to ensure I'd actually get something done.

We've reached an odd point where the devices used most to complete assignments and those used to procrastinate are the same. There's something about being in public that's more conducive to using them for the former. Plus, libraries are mandatorily quiet, and they tend to have that nice musty/acrid/sweet smell of old books.

Reactions: arkitect
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.