Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
I bought a galaxy s7 edge for the AMAZING camera with its wide angle lens in the front, and I'm big on photography. However, I miss everything else about my iPhone, it'll be my last jump upgrade. What do you guys think?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I bought a galaxy s7 edge for the AMAZING camera with its wide angle lens in the front, and I'm big on photography. However, I miss everything else about my iPhone, it'll be my last jump upgrade. What do you guys think?
Whatever makes more sense to you.

Reactions: Dopestar

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I wouldn't recommend buying a 6S now as Apple will likely announce the next iPhone in September. The S7 edge is a very nice phone so just stick with that until the next iPhone release.

MOTiiVHATE`

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2015
I was literally in your shoes a week ago. I jumped on demand from the 6s to the S7 and ended up returning the S7 and getting another 6s. My upgrade to the S7 was my last 'jump' but T-Mobile went ahead and did another one for a 6s.

I'd go in store and ask first. If they try to charge a restocking fee, or tell you you won't be able to upgrade for the iPhone 7 when its released, just stick it out for a few months of you want to get back on iOS.

Reactions: mommybetts79

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Keep both

syphern

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
i was in your situation - i sold my s7 and bought a iphone se - the one handed form factor did it for me... but dont get 6s iphone 7 only a few months away

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Keep the s7 and reevaluate in September.
Sounds like a good idea

The new camera on the iPhone 7 will likely be very good so if camera is a big thing then wait for this.

I wouldn't buy the 6s now when the new iPhone is coming in around 4 months

Reactions: timeconsumer

Ugi

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2016
Yeah and in Oktober i wouldn't buy the 7 anymore, the 7s or whatever will come 11 months later ..

Reactions: M. Gustave

Ugi

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2016
No you don't understand that only because the phone is some months old, the features and hardware is not outdated. People switching their phones yearly because of stupid little gimmicks or the self implicated need of having the newest.
Yeah I'd wait till the new iPhone is released. But I'd get the 6s because it gets cheaper.

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
No you don't understand that only because the phone is some months old, the features and hardware is not outdated. People switching their phones yearly because of stupid little gimmicks or the self implicated need of having the newest.
Yeah I'd wait till the new iPhone is released. But I'd get the 6s because it gets cheaper.
Ok grumpy guy do that!

Reactions: akash.nu

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Now that's well-reasoned and supported. Much better than #12.

Reactions: Vanilla35 and ABC5S

Techexp2

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2016
My suggestion is that you could use the galaxy s7 edge till the next model releases from iPhone.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I am very impressed with the S7 and the Samsung watch.
Great combo.

For me I would love to integrate the two into my daily routine however I just don't have the time.
Secondly, there are multiple apple stores in my area if something needs to be addressed. Samsung, I have no idea how issues would be resolved

Reactions: SBenn

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
Thanks guys! Yeah, with the dilemma about the 7 not being a big upgrade, I'm at least hoping for a wide angle lens. Which isn't very farfetched. I'll hold out for a couple of months.

Also, treat everybody with love, ignore other comments if they bug you.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Any other opinions?
well the camera on the iphone 7 model should be very good. Likely better on the plus model. If you are so used to IOS and the way the iphone is then stick with that.

S7 edge is an amazing device and I like mine alot and I use it for alot of media stuff for watching things and of course live sport. Guess depends if you think you would be happy with just the edge as your daily driver. I use my 6s plus/S7 edge a very even amount personally but currently my 6s plus is my daily driver

Reactions: Schmidt84

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
I'm also considering switching back from my s7 edge. I ordered a htc 10 for my last try if I can't stand it, I'm getting the iPhone back. Had a 6s plus 128gb before these. :(

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
I'm also considering switching back from my s7 edge. I ordered a htc 10 for my last try if I can't stand it, I'm getting the iPhone back. Had a 6s plus 128gb before these. :(
Let me know how your story ends up. I think if I use my next jump upgrade it'll be my last for the year. :(

Reactions: KillaMac

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Let me know how your story ends up. I think if I use my next jump upgrade it'll be my last for the year. :(

I fail to see how his story and how it ends up can help you.

You're debating whether returning to the 6s (or the coming ip7) over keeping the s7 edge.

Plenty of people have switched from iPhone to something else and plenty have done the reverse.

Only you can really decide what works best for you. Even if 99 out of 100 people post that scenario A worked for them, you might be the 1 person where scenario B is the better fit.

Reactions: imanidiot and ABC5S
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.