Switch back to 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayjew, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

I bought a galaxy s7 edge for the AMAZING camera with its wide angle lens in the front, and I'm big on photography. However, I miss everything else about my iPhone, it'll be my last jump upgrade. What do you guys think?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

if you're big on photography why don't you buy an actual camera and keep the 6S as your phone?

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Whatever makes more sense to you.

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I wouldn't recommend buying a 6S now as Apple will likely announce the next iPhone in September. The S7 edge is a very nice phone so just stick with that until the next iPhone release.

5. MOTiiVHATE` macrumors newbie

I was literally in your shoes a week ago. I jumped on demand from the 6s to the S7 and ended up returning the S7 and getting another 6s. My upgrade to the S7 was my last 'jump' but T-Mobile went ahead and did another one for a 6s.

I'd go in store and ask first. If they try to charge a restocking fee, or tell you you won't be able to upgrade for the iPhone 7 when its released, just stick it out for a few months of you want to get back on iOS.

6. Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

Keep both

7. I7guy macrumors G5

Keep the s7 and reevaluate in September.

8. syphern macrumors 6502

i was in your situation - i sold my s7 and bought a iphone se - the one handed form factor did it for me... but dont get 6s iphone 7 only a few months away

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Sounds like a good idea

The new camera on the iPhone 7 will likely be very good so if camera is a big thing then wait for this.

I wouldn't buy the 6s now when the new iPhone is coming in around 4 months

10. Ugi macrumors regular

Yeah and in Oktober i wouldn't buy the 7 anymore, the 7s or whatever will come 11 months later ..

11. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

uncalled for and unnecessary...

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You don't understand the difference between 4 months & 12 months?

13. Ugi macrumors regular

No you don't understand that only because the phone is some months old, the features and hardware is not outdated. People switching their phones yearly because of stupid little gimmicks or the self implicated need of having the newest.
    Yeah I'd wait till the new iPhone is released. But I'd get the 6s because it gets cheaper.

14. 8692574 Suspended

Ok grumpy guy do that!

15. ABC5S macrumors 68040

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Now that's well-reasoned and supported. Much better than #12.

17. Techexp2 macrumors member

My suggestion is that you could use the galaxy s7 edge till the next model releases from iPhone.

18. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I am very impressed with the S7 and the Samsung watch.
    Great combo.

For me I would love to integrate the two into my daily routine however I just don't have the time.
    Secondly, there are multiple apple stores in my area if something needs to be addressed. Samsung, I have no idea how issues would be resolved

19. Jayjew thread starter macrumors 6502

Jayjew

Thanks guys! Yeah, with the dilemma about the 7 not being a big upgrade, I'm at least hoping for a wide angle lens. Which isn't very farfetched. I'll hold out for a couple of months.

Also, treat everybody with love, ignore other comments if they bug you.

20. Jayjew thread starter macrumors 6502

Jayjew

21. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

well the camera on the iphone 7 model should be very good. Likely better on the plus model. If you are so used to IOS and the way the iphone is then stick with that.

S7 edge is an amazing device and I like mine alot and I use it for alot of media stuff for watching things and of course live sport. Guess depends if you think you would be happy with just the edge as your daily driver. I use my 6s plus/S7 edge a very even amount personally but currently my 6s plus is my daily driver

22. KillaMac Suspended

I'm also considering switching back from my s7 edge. I ordered a htc 10 for my last try if I can't stand it, I'm getting the iPhone back. Had a 6s plus 128gb before these. :(

23. Jayjew thread starter macrumors 6502

Jayjew

Let me know how your story ends up. I think if I use my next jump upgrade it'll be my last for the year. :(

24. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

I fail to see how his story and how it ends up can help you.

You're debating whether returning to the 6s (or the coming ip7) over keeping the s7 edge.

Plenty of people have switched from iPhone to something else and plenty have done the reverse.

Only you can really decide what works best for you. Even if 99 out of 100 people post that scenario A worked for them, you might be the 1 person where scenario B is the better fit.