Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polymira

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
I ordered a charcoal one on Saturday, got an email yesterday letting me know they were out of them and will have more to ship out in 4 days...

Annoying that I was told 2 days later that they didn't have any in stock, considering I ordered when I did so I would get the case before my iPad... but the personal email I got from customer service was nice. I love switcheasy, bought multiple cases from them back when i was an iPhone user.

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Got mine today. Holy S***, it's perfect. Full protection all around without adding any excessive bulk. I got mine in grey which looks great with the white iPad.

Update: weighs in at 2.25 lbs (with 3G iPad).

Last edited:

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
It really is a fantastic case...loving my charcoal version. I hear they sold out of black/charcoal already! Good for them, glad they nailed a much better iPad 2 case compared to there iPad 1 case offerings.

Also, I took a quick pic of the "Typing position" for this case...

http://twitpic.com/4k2c5u

jhkaplan

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
It really is a fantastic case...loving my charcoal version. I hear they sold out of black/charcoal already! Good for them, glad they nailed a much better iPad 2 case compared to there iPad 1 case offerings.

Also, I took a quick pic of the "Typing position" for this case...

http://twitpic.com/4k2c5u

Wow, that looks like a bit of an extreme typing angle...anyone else? I think it should be a bit flatter...

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Got mine today. Holy S***, it's perfect. Full protection all around without adding any excessive bulk. I got mine in grey which looks great with the white iPad.

Would you mind posting a couple pictures of the gray with the white iPad? That's the combo I'm interested in. Thx :)

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Wow, that looks like a bit of an extreme typing angle...anyone else? I think it should be a bit flatter...

They've got it at the highest angle in that pic, but you can pull it forward or push it back to decrease (flatten) it.

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
For those of us who are awating orders here is what I just got told...

Hello again!

Our Warehouse is only open Monday through Friday. Over the past
weekend, we received a numerous amount of orders that exceeded our
stock. We were not able to update our website until Monday.

We should be receiving more in the next few days.

Once again, we are so sorry for the inconvenience that this may have
caused.

Kind Regards,
Brianna

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA

Due to the stiffness of the nylon cover, you can actually make it flatter and it works just as well. As you can see, there isn't a notch or anything holding that cover in spot (re: like the original Apple iPad case). But yeah, since its so stiff, it can hold it in whatever typing angle you like really...

Like Madat stated, pull it forward or push it back to lower it... =)

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Would you mind posting a couple pictures of the gray with the white iPad? That's the combo I'm interested in. Thx :)

Sorry, I tried taking some pics with my phone but they turned out crappy.

The color is really a warm grey, and sort of like dark khaki. Did I just rhyme?

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I also ordered one, got a shipping notice, and then another email saying it will not be shipping because they sold through there stock. I am a little annoyed, but I hope it gets here soon. The case itself looks great.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Just checked their website and they are out of all four colors. Sort of makes me really want one :).

muymal

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007

Hey madat, would you mine measuring the depth of the case with it closed and the flap on the back. thnanks!

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Hey madat, would you mine measuring the depth of the case with it closed and the flap on the back. thnanks!

It's .75" closed. When you say flap on the back, do you mean open with the front cover folded over? .75" as well if I crease the fold.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
it seems like this product is shipped from Hong Kong.... man... will it take forever to get to Canada then???

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
For those that have received the case... How is the screen protector that comes with it?

hdfan67

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
Has anyone that received theirs yet installed it with a skin of the back? Thanks!

I installed mine with a LuckyLabs skin on the back. This skin took some flak for not extending very far up sides of the iPad 2. I think in this case, it actually helps because it probably doesn't get anywhere near as much in the way of the side contact points of the case and iPad 2.

It's a snug fit and I had to push with moderate force to get the iPad to sit flush against the top of the case. I suspect it will loosen up more with time.

More in a bit.

hdfan67

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
For those that have received the case... How is the screen protector that comes with it?

It seems fine so far. Glossy finish (not matte). Applied in steamy bathroom. no visual artifacts I can see. No adhesive - static adhesion. Will post more impressions if I see anything that compromises display quality.

hdfan67

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
it seems like this product is shipped from Hong Kong.... man... will it take forever to get to Canada then???

Mine shipped from Tracy CA. Ordered Monday, received Tuesday (I'm in San Jose, so it wasn't much of a trip!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.