Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Some good questions, but got 42.

I think my methods of research into a subject has paid off again. A year ago, would have got close to 20, if that. First Mac was MBP, (since obtained an LCIII and Newton amongst other things), so I really put this down to learning about the history.

I agree though about the Mac OS question, it didn't exist under that name until 7.6. I considered all the options and settled on the 128k Original Macintosh, but it was wrong.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
VanNess said:
Apple's plans to develop a portable Mac date back to 1985. What was Steve Jobs' suggestion at that time for the name of such a "portable Mac?"

I don't know that it was actually a suggestion for the name of such a product, but he did say that wanted a "Mac in a Book"...I think that was more of a description than a name though.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Interesting quiz. I received a 43, with a few guesses about some of the newer hardware release dates. Two of them, the Blue Dalmatian and the # of CEOs, I was split on and went with my initial (wrong) instinct.

Attachments

• score.png
    score.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 110

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
WildCowboy said:
I don't know that it was actually a suggestion for the name of such a product, but he did say that wanted a "Mac in a Book"...I think that was more of a description than a name though.

You're right on the trail.

The Correct Answer™ is....(drumroll)

BookMac

21 years later we finally have it, the...MacBook? Here's to the juxtaposers, the swappers. Think Inverted. :p

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
VanNess said:
I concur with previous protests about the PM 6500 and the 20th Anniversary Mac. I still have a 6500 hanging around (hasn't been touched in years) and If I remember correctly, you can swap out the motherboard from the 6500 and it will fit right in a TAM like it was made for it - because it was!
Yep, that is completely correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.