Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
Successfully paid for grocerys at Wegmans so it worked without having to call TD or anything. Hopefully they get everyone squared away that was having issues.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
I gave it a try at Mcdonalds and it worked perfectly. That being said, they have e to know to push debit. So you may have to tell the cashier that if they don't know.

martinctv

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2014
Still getting invalid card. Spoke to TD they said they are having problems and that they do not know what the issue is. All she could tell me was to keep trying.

Bdub12

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Fredericton NB Canada
Just an FYI, don't know how true it is...

BUT, when I talked with RBC a few weeks ago, I happened to ask about Apple pay. The girl didn't have a clue, but she asked her manager, and he said RBC was actively working on it, and that a soft rollout would begin in the spring if everything goes well. (She actually said trials would be run in Feb, with rollout in the spring)

RBC USA, or in Canada?

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
I gave it a try at Mcdonalds and it worked perfectly. That being said, they have e to know to push debit. So you may have to tell the cashier that if they don't know.

Are you sure? Most debit cards can be run through as either debit or credit. I would just say credit, so then you might have to sign, but if you say debit you likely will have to enter a PIN.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Are you sure? Most debit cards can be run through as either debit or credit. I would just say credit, so then you might have to sign, but if you say debit you likely will have to enter a PIN.

That's just what the cashier said to me, apparently somebody else came in and tried it and they couldn't get it to work. I can only assume she hit debit on her screen, but I was never asked a pin or to sign there.

----------

I also got an early morning call from the TD Bank fraudulent alert so and so. There were 2 authorizations and they wanted to confirm if I knew them. I assumed it had something to do with Apple pay but whoever I was talking to said no. The timing kind of corresponded with when I tried to add the card and it didn't work yet. I had also changed my uber card the night before incidentally. They basically were going to lock my account but I told them I was pretty sure it was apple pay. Then I got a second call from someone who actually knew that it was and confirmed it.

I think I'd still rather be the guinea pig then wait until mid January though.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I can use it at vending machines but I had a problem using it at Walgreens yesterday. So I deleted the card and added it again. Called TD to activate it and I will try again tomorrow when I go out.

michaeldavid

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Still not working for me.:mad:

I was able to successfully add my debit card yesterday evening.

I wasn't able to before that so keep trying, they're working on it :)

p.s. had to call TD's tech department to verify after adding the card. The number was displayed on my screen after adding the card. I'm 110% okay with this as I know for a fact credit card numbers are easily compromised and so with verification, scammers won't be able to add your card onto Apple Pay on one of their iPhones..

Last edited:

sbbrown333

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2009
Upstate SC
Finally working for me today. Looks like whatever issues they had with VISA and or Apple Pay are finally resolved. I did however have to call to activate it after adding my card.

martinctv

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2014
Still not working for me. They actually told me that apple has blocked my card, I find that strange. Every time I call TD I get a different story.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Got it to work.

Previous I got the "please contact your issuer" error. Decided to to go to my branch and get a new card....and then it worked with the new card!

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I have my TD visa debit working, it shows the recent transaction but does not show the amount. For the amount it shows --

Also I tried it at Walt Disney World as the nfc scanner detected my iPhone 6, But the cashier said it didn't work. Yet on the recent transactions screen it shows I attempted to use Apple pay. I recently found out Apple pay will be running at Walt Disney World on December 24th.

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
Except you lose your rewards points because your bank isn't involved, it uses a virtual MasterCard credit card.

----------

Our cards and terminals do too, and ours has no limit unlike the Canadian ones that are limited to $25.

I just paid a $244 car repair bill with payPass, nothing new. (this was before Apple Pay)

Actually you do not lose rewards using Google Wallet. Your bank statement shows the transaction as GOOGNFC*Mcdonalds or GOONFC&WHOLEFOODS. I have a Chase credit card that rewards double points for restaurants, and indeed every one of my Mcdonalds transaction has earned double points.

N2PVP

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
NJ
Working Now

I had to go to TD and get a new card. Now it's working fine. :cool:

MajesticNJ

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Central NJ
I had to go to TD and get a new card. Now it's working fine. :cool:

Mine doesn't work. They keep blaming Visa. It's been almost a month since I first opened the case. No progress as of yesterday 1/14/2015 and it still doesn't work as of today. The error message I get is that the information I have entered is incorrect even though I know it is. TD Bank Manager Brook says that she can give me a new card but I have 9 or 10 different auto pay sites that use my current card number and I have had it for 10+ years.

I suggested they give me a second debit card for a brief time that I can use just for ApplePay and they declined saying it was against their policy. Simple workaround that would make me happy and they passed. Oh well.

rare comment

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Apple Pay and Target (cards)

A notable omission from the list of TD Bank cards supporting Apple Pay is the Target Visa. Yes, that's right: TD Bank is the issuer of Target Visa cards in the U.S.

I would think Target would be all over this, given the massive credit card breach they put us through earlier this year. But if they're abstaining due to their membership in CurrentC, that's truly disgraceful.

It's even more baffling than this. As Target's online store works with Apple Pay, Target likely isn't abstaining because of CurrentC. Instead, it is likely TD Bank who is choosing to support Apple Pay with some of its cards and not others. Very strange to be selective. Of course, not supporting at the register (in this case, yes, because of CurrentC) is goofy given Target's breach. So, Target customers can go to the Target App and use Apple Pay but not with a Target Visa. Bad planning as noted here: http://q10a1.blogspot.com/2014/10/apple-pay-and-target.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.