Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Samsung phones are probably the worst examples of efficient memory management. My Sony Xperia.Z2 has over 1.5 GB left at the end of day. It is only projected to get better with lollipop

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
My Note 4 with 3GB of RAM usually had around 500MB or less free at any giving moment, even after a fresh boot with no apps launched by me.

Not hating or defending either side. I love iOS as much as Android and vice versa, but Android lets apps sort of run wild, while iOS is like the dictatorship of RAMastan.

Wow that's terrible

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
So the countries in which people could not afford the iP6 and 6+ are not blessed? Or are they blessed in a different way?

If they are, then everyone is equally blessed. So blessing is implied whether we mention it or not.

If they are not , what did they do to miss out on being blessed? Does everyone who could not afford an iPhone deserved not being blessed?

I am not clear of the subject of blessing.

It is GOD plan from the start to bless everyone, in the way of blessing one and then that person in turn blessing someone else by sharing etc. the rich young man who ask Jesus what sould he do to enter the kingdom of GOD. Because he has everything, but he was not clear on what he should do to enter the kingdom of GOD.
JESUS reply to him, was to sell everything he have and give it to the poor. But the rich young man was Heart broken, because that is something he could not bring him self to do.
In this world it's hard for most people to share what they have. Because most want it all for them selfs.
I am from a third world country, and poverty in these country could be avoided but because of corruption poverty reigns.
The ones that sworn to help the people take it all for them self.
If every rich person not just Money but talent etc, share with there fellow man the world would be a better place and poverty woulndnt exist.

But unfortunately it's not so, JESUS say the rich shall get richer and the poor shall get poorer. U look at the world to day, it's never enough and man is always studying how to get more and giving less etc by doing so at the same time.

Any way be bless everyone and remember to share what u can with those that are less fortunate a little goes a long ways for most peole. Have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2015.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I'm just glad I chose the one I wanted.

I won't Thank God, but I'll thank myself for choosing the one I wanted.

I guess I could Thank God for giving me the ability to be able to decide on things.

As far as my phone goes ... I Thank Myself

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Not everyone wants a portable microwave sized phone dangling from their hip

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
After having the 6 plus for awhile I thank the gods above that I did not settle for the 6. Originally I thought the 6 Plus was too big but now after getting used to it, it is an amazing experience. The experience is much greater than that of my girlfriend's 6. My camera is noticeably better than hers, both with photo and video. Also, I didn't think that the screen resolution would be noticeable to my eyes but my display is clearly more sharp and beautiful than her's. At this point, the size actually feels comfortable and picking up my 5s felt laughable, it felt like a miniature toy.

Oh and the battery is heavenly, just heavenly.

Point of this post: Everyone get a 6 Plus. It is well worth it and is clearly the better phone.

edit - this is making 6 users mad evidently lol

I agree....I upgraded from 5s to 6 plus....still sometimes I find the size little big, but the benefits far outweigh the size issue.

The battery life is icing on the case....I never have to worry about running out of battery EVER

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I agree with the op in the main.

Yes sure I was always against ridiculous large screen phones. However, I've had my 6+ since launch and would find the lesser models in the range too small now.

The screen is great. The battery life a revelation for a smartphone unless anyone classes a blackberry as one.

Funnily I haven't seen a 6 in the wild at all. Plenty of 6+ around here. I was upgrading the 5 for my daughter and just couldn't help but think it was heavy, and tiny.

It is really good and yet again another good camera improvement.

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
Thank God I got the 6 Plus

/yawn and these 3GB of RAM devices reload applications just as much as the 1GB RAM iPhone 6 and 6 Plus....note 3 stock uses 2.1 GB of RAM with no apps open at the home screen, that is just terrible

6 and 6 Plus have just as good multitasking performance in terms of holding applications open in the background as flagship Android devices with 3GB of RAM, Countless speedtest videos online show exactly this

A iOS device with 2GB of RAM (air 2 only as of now) performs like a Android device with 4GB of RAM, next year should be exciting, Samsung just came out with 20nm LPPDDR4 ram which is actually faster then PC DRAM which is incredible, that is without a doubt going into the 6S

Eh...no.

Apps are preloaded into RAM based mostly on usage, and swapped out on need.

Your post suggests that the RAM is used by the OS or something and is not available to apps.

R

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Eh...no.

Apps are preloaded into RAM based mostly on usage, and swapped out on need.

Your post suggests that the RAM is used by the OS or something and is not available to apps.

R

what? Im talking about how iOS as a whole, of course RAM is available to apps, but there is only 1GB of RAM. with that being said, iOS uses Objective-C and is more "closer to the metal" then Java is...that = less memory, no need for active garbage cleaning that takes up RAM on Android to do its processes..

basically what it is is that iOS puts touchscreen as first priority..when the screen gets touched, its like the SoC starts screaming saying, "i been touched i been touched" and it UI responsiveness and fludity is top priority and first in CPU/GPU process and so that is why iOS is so fluid because when you touch the screen, first priority is a fluid smooth responisive UI (apple UX ) , Android has that on moderate, but it does have some more background processes running during everything which is why it hasn't always been so fluid..but Android Lollipop is using ART, which is alot better then Dalvik.

----------

I agree....I upgraded from 5s to 6 plus....still sometimes I find the size little big, but the benefits far outweigh the size issue.

The battery life is icing on the case....I never have to worry about running out of battery EVER

i like how the Plus is unique though not everyone has a Plus either and when your anywhere with your screen brightness up, espcially in public, people will defitnetly at least catch a glimpse of that big beautiful 5.5 inch panel in action.(i literally seen some guy at the barbershop rocking the 6 plus and i had the 6 at the time,and i actually did look at his screen from like 5 feet away not to look at what he is doing, but just like looking at the screen quality and it looked amazing from there and i had envy and then got the Plus and love it )

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I talked my sister into getting a Plus yesterday at Xmas dinner. Guess that kind of counts as an additional present. :)

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
While at Church yesterday, I gave an extra special thanks to God that OP got the Plus rather than only the 6.

I am happy for him and happy that he is thanking God, so this was the least I could do.

I also have the 6 Plus and every time I pick it up, I am thankful that I live in a country that produces such a great product and that I can afford it and that there are sites like this one where we can share our good fortune.

We are all truly blessed.

You thanked god for your iPhone?

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I must be in the minority of people who like both phones. In my house we have two 5ses, one 6 and my 6 Plus so I see and use the different sizes constantly. The 5s now seems tiny and I find the keyboard hard to type on (the keys are tiny compared to the 6 Plus!). The 6 is a nice compromise of both phones. It has a bigger display, that is still crisp and clear with good battery life and the opposite side of the screen is reachable with one hand. The 6 Plus is great to with an even bigger, crisper display (I do notice the difference since I tend to hold my phone inches from my face) with great battery life and OIS. (The display and OIS is what sold me on the 6 Plus).

Since getting my 6 Plus I got rid of my iPad mini and got the Air 2. When I transfer from my Air 2 to my 6 Plus it honestly does feel small. Eventually though it wears off and my 6 Plus feels like the perfect sized phone for me. I know quite a few people who own or would prefer the 6 to the 6 Plus due to size, more then those with or who want a 6 Plus, which is fine. Everyone is going to get the size of phone they want, and I say good for them for not giving into Internet peer pressure to go with one model or the other.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I must be in the minority of people who like both phones.

You're definitely not alone. I loved my Plus, and I love my 6. If I could afford to keep both around I would have. There are times I wish my 6 had a bigger screen and there were plenty of times I wished my Plus had a smaller footprint. At the end of the day,the 6 was the smarter comprise for me for a full time device. Maybe when the 6S Plus or 7 Plus rolls around I'll be ready to go bigger full time.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
That's quite an exaggeration. It's not that big and it goes in my pocket, not dangling from my hip as you put it.

Dangles from my hip, I obviously have no way to know how you carry yours. Personally I have never put a phone in my pocket in my life and don't plan to start now, if I wanted/needed something with that much real estate I'd lug around a tablet.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US

Dangles from my hip, I obviously have no way to know how you carry yours. Personally I have never put a phone in my pocket in my life and don't plan to start now, if I wanted/needed something with that much real estate I'd lug around a tablet.

Are you a woman? In that case I can understand the lack of a suitable pocket, but then it would surely fit in your purse. It just not as big as you're making it out to be. For the ladies it's probably more an issue of how it fits in the hand, which is smaller for most women.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

If you wanted more screen real estate than your i6, then you would lug around a tablet more than twice as big as the 6+?
Black & white thinking much?

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Are you a woman?.

Thats about what I was thinking about guys who stick huge phones in their pockets, must be a broad. I work heavy construction and I have the feeling a foot long phone in my pocket wouldn't last very long.
Listen, I'm thrilled that you love yours, really couldn't care any less if you stick it in your pocket or hang it from your neck. The phone is too damn big for me, I have handled it and instantly rejected it because of its size. If it works for you, great - Just be careful how you sit ! You'll be posting in the bent phones thread any day now if you don't sit like a lady.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US

Thats about what I was thinking about guys who stick huge phones in their pockets, must be a broad. I work heavy construction and I have the feeling a foot long phone in my pocket wouldn't last very long.
Listen, I'm thrilled that you love yours, really couldn't care any less if you stick it in your pocket or hang it from your neck. The phone is too damn big for me, I have handled it and instantly rejected it because of its size. If it works for you, great - Just be careful how you sit ! You'll be posting in the bent phones thread any day now if you don't sit like a lady.

It was only natural to ask about your gender since there's no way of knowing just from what you have said in the forum. And in general woman don't have pockets that can accommodate a phone comfortably. So it was the most natural question to pose. However even if you work construction I can understand why you might carry your phone differently while on the job. However, most guys do in fact carry their phones in their pockets. And they don't get bent or damaged in normal situations. I've been carrying a phone in my pocket for many years and never has one gotten damaged in the pocket. And in my particular case they never got damaged in pocket or out. I've had the 6 plus for nearly 3 months and it has not suffered from being carried in my pocket any more than any previous phone I had..which is to say not at all damaged. I'm quite sure it will still be in perfect shape by the time I replace it with next years model.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

I'm with you. Tried the plus and it's fun on the couch but in the wild it's like carrying luggage around. Gets old fast. Apple should have stopped at 5.2 max. The plus is longer than the note 4 and the note is goofy big.

XrayTed

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
It was only natural to ask about your gender since there's no way of knowing just from what you have said in the forum. And in general woman don't have pockets that can accommodate a phone comfortably. So it was the most natural question to pose. However even if you work construction I can understand why you might carry your phone differently while on the job. However, most guys do in fact carry their phones in their pockets. And they don't get bent or damaged in normal situations. I've been carrying a phone in my pocket for many years and never has one gotten damaged in the pocket. And in my particular case they never got damaged in pocket or out.

Lottsa chicks stuff their phones in their pockets, can easily see the bulgy outline. I actually don't like to carry my phone while working, I often work heights in a safety harness making it awkward to hang on my hip as usual, a fall would be deadly but sometimes I more or less have to.

I have no way to gauge how most people carry their phones, frankly have never thought much about it until now. I have noticed most teens stuff them in their pockets, no man I hang or work around ever does. They use cases with clips to hang them on their belt or front pocket.
You may have been carrying cell phones in your pocket for years, but you have only been carrying this ultra slim, long phone that is rumored to be inherently prone to bending in your pocket for weeks, so you don't have much to compare it to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.